1. Prince of Purpoole II

OT - Movies thread

We saw it today and it far exceeded my expectations. Worth your time
  2. Prince of Purpoole II

OT - Movies thread

Spot on
  3. Prince of Purpoole II

SB Nation: Former TCU forward JaKobe Coles transferring to Grand Canyon

Best wishes to JC. He seems like a very good person and it’s been fun to watch him play
  4. Prince of Purpoole II

Damonic Williams to enter transfer portal

Agreed but contracts can have all kinds of conditions. The schools would be third party beneficiaries I suppose. My post was not as artfully worded as it could have been but the gravamen is that I think any NIL agreement ought to be accompanied by some enforceable guarantees for the payor
  5. Prince of Purpoole II

Damonic Williams to enter transfer portal

He got a huge NIL increase before the last portal period. I can’t think of a reason the players can’t be put under contract. Certainly there are rules I know nothing about but the raise he got then precluded TCU from using the money elsewhere. There has to be some protection for the schools, no?
  6. Prince of Purpoole II

OT - Movies thread

We watched Damsel last night with Milly Bobby Brown. Typical girl boss fare that’s in vogue these days but watchable if you like that sort of thing. The role can’t touch her turns as Enola Holmes though
  7. Prince of Purpoole II

247 Sports: TCU transfer Micah Peavy has committed to Georgetown

Oh I think it is clearly a huge loss. The destination puzzles…
  8. Prince of Purpoole II

OT - Movies thread

Hard pass
  9. Prince of Purpoole II

Spring football

I’m not sold on the entirety of the first five yet but the drop off after that is precipitous. What GP allowed to happen with that group alone is termination worthy
  10. Prince of Purpoole II

Spring football

A number of WRs are out/limited so that’s one issue. The other is that the fronts Avalos is throwing at them make Hausa look like a freshman at his first few practices and the Oline is also having trouble recognizing the big mix of stunts they are seeing.
  11. Prince of Purpoole II

Spring football

He’s an insurance policy, nothing more imo
  12. Prince of Purpoole II

Anxious to hear

I saw Brione the other day on one of those knee-cart scooters so he has some sort of injury
  13. Prince of Purpoole II

GoFrogs: Horned Frogs Power Past University of North Texas in Opening Round of WBIT

Her injury (with others) really put a dent in the possibilities for this team. It’s sad
  14. Prince of Purpoole II

OT - Movies thread

So I was thinking I would see Bob Marley: One Love then critics and fans pretty much panned it so I figured I could wait for streaming or just skip it. What do those of you who have seen it think? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8521778/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk
  15. Prince of Purpoole II

OT - Movies thread

BTW thanks for this thread, Chongo. It’s one of my twice weekly internet flybys.
  16. Prince of Purpoole II

OT - Movies thread

Man Prometheus is absolutely dreadful
  17. Prince of Purpoole II

OT - Movies thread

Not a bad choice. 33 yoa. I was kind of expecting Henry Cavill but Johnson is seven years younger. It may be tough to match up with someone who can carry the weight of the role and also commit to several films. The real question is do we go back through starting with On Her Majesty’s Secret...
  18. Prince of Purpoole II

OT - Movies thread

Should’ve let them out themselves