• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. Outback Frog

2024 Football Schedule

Agreed. Without a doubt the Utes in SLC is a very tough place to win. We at least have a two game win streak against them going back to the days in the MWC, including the last time we played them on the road in 2010.
  2. Outback Frog

2024 Football Schedule

The jury is still out, and pessimistically I could see us have a 7-5 or 6-6 season.
  3. Outback Frog

2024 Football Schedule

I might as well add West Virginia to that list as well.
  4. Outback Frog

2024 Football Schedule

No Kansas St. and Iowa St., which improves our chances of winning two games on our schedule automatically. Those two pesky, physical, and well coached teams have had our number lately.
  5. Outback Frog

Chargers Wire: Brandon Staley speaks on decision to bench Quentin Johnston vs. Ravens

I hate to say it, but he is more of a finesse type receiver...even in college. Have to be physical to survive in the NFL because you are going to get pounded. You have to also be fearless, and I don't see that in QJ. He has the speed and size to match up well, but it's the physical traits that...
  6. Outback Frog

Take Ownership Sonny

Losing the locker room type stuff. This team is fragile and I could easily see them losing the last four games....badly (especially to Texas and OU).
  7. Outback Frog

Take Ownership Sonny

I agree. The act is getting old. Big 12 refs suck, but they are not the reason for way the team has played against Iowa State and Kansas State. Two inexplicable losses by a total margin of 68 to 17. I remember Dennis Franchione constantly being a whiner to refs, and I thought the same thing...
  8. Outback Frog

Forget Dykes, our Punter is terrible!!!

Special teams, as a whole, have been a major disappointment. Unreliable kicking and punting will come back to bite you like turnovers, especially in close games. Furthermore, when was the last time TCU didn't have a really good punt or kickoff returner? You have to go back many years.
  9. Outback Frog

How are we feeling about the Ponies?

What rivalry? When you can only bring around 500 fans to a game less than 40 miles away, then it is not a rivalry! Waste of time playing not ready for prime time........smu.
  10. Outback Frog

The Band

Our seats are on the west side 45-yard line, and I agree the band looks a little bigger this year. The song selection and sound were very good this past Saturday (I was underneath the stands at halftime during the Colorado game). Honestly, it was the loudest I have heard them in a long time. A...
  11. Outback Frog

Why No Hypnotoad Tonight?

Hypnotoad overuse will make it stale. Besides, if we needed that to help fire up the team to beat Nicholls, then this is going to be a long season.
  12. Outback Frog

Takeaways Good and Bad

Thanks for that correction. So used to seeing the 16's flying from there over the years, but they also have a Marine squadron stationed at the base flying the 18's.
  13. Outback Frog

Takeaways Good and Bad

I am not one to post complaints and be a whiner, but I have a few. I could go on and on with what happened on the field, but I have a few that happened elsewhere. 1) I am a big supporter of the Fort Worth Police Department, but yesterday's decision to block off the parking garage for an...
  14. Outback Frog

Flat. Unprepared. Undisciplined. Embarrassment.

I can count on one hand leaving a TCU game early since 1974. But today I did. I was beyond embarrassed at the level of play by the Frogs, especially on defense. Going to be a long year unless significant changes are made.
  15. Outback Frog

Iron Skillet Game Paused Indefinitely

Won't miss the game at all and I have been to my fair share of them over in University Park too. I don't mind a little bit of banter and smack talk from other fan bases. But, SMU has a classless fan base. There's the rare SMU guy saying something classy to me leaving Moody Coliseum after a Frog...
  16. Outback Frog

Which BIG12 addition are you most likely to visit?

Give me the mountain destinations over all the rest, especially the Wasatch. Used to recruit at both BYU and Utah and based out of Salt Lake. Not a bad little city and found some pretty good places to eat and drink. After all, they hosted the Winter Olympics. Haven't been to Boulder, but been to...
  17. Outback Frog

2023 TCU football schedule

Been to a lot of games in Lubbock. They will be liquored up, but it would be way worse if it was on Saturday. Definitely going to be hostile no matter what. Tech hates TCU more than any other school in the conference. TCU basically replaced aggy in that regard.
  18. Outback Frog

Don't look now:

And, oh by the way, I drove from Ft. Worth to Phoenix for the Fiesta Bowl and less than a week later drove to LA for the NC. Over 4,500 miles roundtrip in 11 days. Like I said, no big deal driving long distances.
  19. Outback Frog

Don't look now:

Well, now that you ask, here's my logical answer. I am a native West Texan (born in Big Spring) and got a job in Odessa following graduation from TCU. It is no big deal for West Texans to drive long distances. It is in our DNA. All you have to do is look at a map of the state and understand why...
  20. Outback Frog

Prescott ....

Any possibility of Rodgers coming to the Cowboys would first mean dumping McCarthy as the head coach. Rodgers pretty much got him fired in Green Bay.