• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. J

The Spun: Deion Sanders Explains Why He Has 'Bad Blood' With TCU

Well said. Once Sanders team gets smothered by The Frogs, the follow-up articles will all be about how far Deion's Buffalo program will have to go.
  2. J

The Spun: Deion Sanders Explains Why He Has 'Bad Blood' With TCU

‘Coach’ Deion is grasping for straws . . . and he’s about to get hit by a buzzsaw of a premier D1 program, with a real coaching staff.
  3. J

FrogsToday: Eddie Lampkin steps away from TCU basketball

How much of this is just the current state of D1 athletes & their families? TCU’s problem is that we never have enough depth to weather these meltdowns.
  4. J

Deion video

We don't know what Deion went through because he hid it from us. My guess is that he almost died from a site infection following his foot/toe surgery.
  5. J

Coach Kill

Jerry is a highly respected leader. Gives a whole new meaning to 'Kill'er Frogs!
  6. J

Fire ADJD

'Notoriously prickly individual' is an excellent choice of words. Type A (atomic) personalities nearly always end in messy breakups.
  7. J

The Post LHCGP Coach Discussion

Agreed. I nominate you to tell Mr. Sommers!
  8. J

Fire ADJD

How do you 'do it right' when you are dealing with a firecracker like CGP?
  9. J

It may be happening folks…. GP

'Discard him like rubbish?' CGP is not an easy man to talk to . . . though it was needed. The meeting probably got pretty intense, but I don't think they intended it to be so abrupt.
  10. J

It may be happening folks…. GP

I don't have any idea of how this meeting went, but I assure you I would have a TCU Police Officer outside the door before I directed any question at CGP. I don't see any scenario where a conversation, such as this, ever goes as hoped.
  11. J

MSN: Big 12 Reportedly Considering Merger With Another Conference

. . . and then there was Eight. As I said earlier, 'This is No Country for Old Athletic Directors.' Is this kind of behavior, that will cost Texas taxpayers tens of millions of dollars, that it takes to be the AD at an institution of higher learning? FYI: I started my career at TCU alongside...
  12. J

Del Conte lives under the shadow of Deloss Dodds - who is still annoyingly vocal to this day. Deloss feels he set in motion the record revenue generation that the Longhorns enjoy. The Aggies are right on their heals in that regard, and could surpass them at the rate their going. If you can't...
  13. J

. . . and, in the middle of all of this is a former TCU AD negotiating behind everyone's back on UT's behalf.
  14. J

SEC wants to do away w/85 footbal limit. If they do, that would be DOOMSDAY for TCU recruiting

My point is that, in the past, the NCAA could step in, fire off a couple of rounds (often shooting the wrong school in the foot) and people would at least pay attention. It has now gotten to the point where the NCAA can't fire off anything more than firecrackers.
  15. J

SEC wants to do away w/85 footbal limit. If they do, that would be DOOMSDAY for TCU recruiting

Good point . . . shenanigans is an old, mischievous kind of word. Yes, I agree with you. Competition brings out the best and the worst of us . . . and it starts from day one. Some people will always try to see what they can get away with. Now it's much worse because the NCAA seems powerless to...
  16. J

Of late . . . meaning the last two decades. College football is much older than than the shenanigans of late.
  17. J

Yep, college football is becoming more distasteful by the day.
  18. J

. . . and if any of these 'big boys' dares to play UCF, they will get swamped :D
  19. J

Greed and a lack of ethics seem to have always been part of the SEC plan, of late. One thing TCU can take solace in is that the Horned Frogs are good at coaching good players to make great plays. Texas, on the other hand, is good at making great recruits look pedestrian.