• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. Skip Jansen

Frogs vs. Rock Chalk

I'm just going to spell it out so there isn't any confusion. TCU is 10th out of 10 in the Big 12 pecking order. And, it's really not even close. The gap between 9 and 10 is large. Anybody who knows anything about basketball would tell you the exact same thing. Everyone is entitled to their...
  2. Skip Jansen

Frogs vs. Rock Chalk

I don't think Jamie's early success is a problem. I think it put TCU on the map in a lot of respects.. That's a good thing. As for recruiting, I think you are seeing a change in philosophy somewhat. The first few years, the staff were about sign and development. The transfer rate the last few...
  3. Skip Jansen

Frogs vs. Rock Chalk

That was a pitiful effort last night. There are more than a few guys who need to check themselves. KU violated the Frogs. We're all going to hear the word "toughness" in the coming days.
  4. Skip Jansen

Frogs vs. Rock Chalk

Rosie- It just takes time. Kendrick's NBA success and Des drafted in the 1st Round are huge components to building the culture and brand. The NIT Championship and NCAA Tournament appearance are other building blocks.
  5. Skip Jansen

Frogs vs. Rock Chalk

I'm sure y'all will call me a wuss and that I am just making excuses for the coaching staff. There is nothing wrong with high expectations. As a matter of fact, all the top programs have them. BrewingFrog made a great comment about winning begets winning. That's 100% spot on and a sure fire...
  6. Skip Jansen

Frogs vs. Rock Chalk

I agree with everything you said. But... The Frogs are the new kids on the block in the B12. It hasn't even been 10 years. It's going to happen.
  7. Skip Jansen

Frogs vs. Rock Chalk

TCU was also a fixture in the SWC for a lot of years. That gave the program the opportunity to develop rivalries and have stability. The C-USA and MWC years changed all that. The Frogs are in a good spot now in the B12.
  8. Skip Jansen

Frogs vs. Rock Chalk

Eight- I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago. B12 teams have a book (scouting report) on him. They all saw him play in HS and AAU. They are familiar with him. It took me about 5 minutes of watching him to see where his weaknesses were. If it took me 5 mins, how long do you think it took Bill...
  9. Skip Jansen

Frogs vs. Rock Chalk

I know you aren't attacking me. And, I agree that winning has to be the standard. But... let me ask you a couple of questions? -Where do you think TCU is in the pecking order of B12 basketball schools? -Do you think the other 9 B12 schools put an emphasis on winning as well?
  10. Skip Jansen

Frogs vs. Rock Chalk

Jake- The building aspect is in reference to 'creating a basketball culture'. Doing that by laying a foundation at a school that quite frankly has never had one. TCU has the least amount of tradition, fan support, etc. of all the B12 school. That's just a fact. It takes time to build that up.
  11. Skip Jansen

Frogs vs. Rock Chalk

Sure Wex. The staff sees the program still in the 'building' stage. They are trying to build the program instead of just putting out 'teams' each year. They think that is the only way to have sustained success over the long haul versus the more traditional basketball schools in the B12.
  12. Skip Jansen

Frogs vs. Rock Chalk

When I wear silks, I park as far away from my destination as possible. It's worth the walk. :p
  13. Skip Jansen

Frogs vs. Rock Chalk

The way the fan base views the program and the way the coaching staff views it are completely different. Not saying one is right and one is wrong, just different. It's actually pretty interesting.
  14. Skip Jansen

Frogs vs. Rock Chalk

That's what happens when you try to block every shot from the help side. Every one you miss is a putback waiting to happen.
  15. Skip Jansen

Frogs vs. Rock Chalk

I mentioned (when he was playing well early) that the B12 teams would get a 'book' on him and he would have to make an adjustment. Playing in the best league in the country with the best group of coaches in the country is a difficult proposition for any freshman. He'll be okay. Sometimes a...
  16. Skip Jansen

Frogs vs. Rock Chalk

He doesn't run as many 'sets' as he did the first few years. He ran some stuff for Des. Some curls off of a staggered screen type action. Probably not enough of it though. The offense has really become a 4 out 1 in ball screen dominant style. He runs some false motion to occupy the help side...
  17. Skip Jansen

Frogs vs. Rock Chalk

Is this the reverse jinx thingy?
  18. Skip Jansen

Frogs vs. Rock Chalk

I haven't heard. I'm assuming he is playing. But yes, you are correct. It would dramatically affect their defense.
  19. Skip Jansen

Has the Kansas game always been scheduled for 9pm CST?

A "favor" huh? Taking one for the team. That a girl. :p:eek:o_O
  20. Skip Jansen

Frogs vs. Rock Chalk

Those are all great points bmoney. I'm glad you brought it up from the perspective of the Frogs defense. Self does a great job offensively of putting the opposing defense in a bind. Their offense is almost entirely predicated on creating mismatches, whether it's with 'dribble handoffs' or...