• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. F

Texans Wire: TCU receiver Jalen Reagor hardly saw accurate passes in 2019

It is my understanding that Baldwin is practicing. Maybe he's just not 100 percent yet with the back, but I think he participated on Friday and Saturday. I hope so and I hope he's 100 percent soon. Competition is a good thing.
  2. F

FWST: TCU football will go through spring practices with one scholarship QB healthy

Baldwin tore his ACL in the Katy game (semifinals) of his senior year. Then, he tried to play in the championship game and went down on the first play of the game. That's been since December of 2017. Not sure the knee is the problem these days. As I said in a previous post, he did play in the...
  3. F

FWST: TCU football will go through spring practices with one scholarship QB healthy

What I know is that he played in the Ohio State spring game and seemed to be perfectly fine. But an MRI over the summer showed a torn meniscus. I think that's the surgery he had just before arriving at TCU. Not sure when the back came into it, but I do know over Christmas, he was working on...
  4. F

2020 Recruiting Thread

I think you're exactly right -- if Baldwin isn't available. But, I have faith that Baldwin is gonna be ready to go in the Spring. Fingers are crossed. I know. I know. That counts for nothing, but I sure would like to see him get some reps.
  5. F

2020 QB question

I agree. I watched Baldwin in high school and know that he threw for about 250 yards against Ohio State's defense in the Spring game. I don't know if he'll be the starter or not, but Max is not a shoe in. And, that's a good thing. Competition is a great thing.
  6. F

Max Duggan

Not to get pounced on here, but you guys are funny. Just skimming this thread and it seems like everything that went South for Duggan was the WRs or Cumbie's fault and everything that went well was evidence that he's going to be an amazing starting QB (possibly a Heissman candidate?) for TCU for...
  7. F

Michael Collins

Seems likely that he was not going to be ready with a lacerated kidney. I'd think that is an injury that keeps you out longer than a couple weeks. This way, he gets his name in the portal and coaches can start talking to him. Not sure we're gonna be opening up a sizable lead on Friday. I'm just...
  8. F

Baldwin?

Gosh, I hope you are right. I know it's just high school film, but he seems to be able to make the right throws in 6A Texas football. It'd be worth a try. I loved watching him in high school.
  9. F

Baldwin?

It would absolutely make a difference if we could trot someone else out there. We need someone who can throw over the top to Reagor and eat up the defense in the middle. Sure Max is a freshman and we can blame part of the problem on that, but he may just not be able to do those things. We...
  10. F

TCU KState game thread

Really hoping we get to see Collins this half. Duggan is just not ready yet. Or, stick with the run and let Duggan and Delton go for it. I really wish we'd at least let Collins give it a shot though. On another note, I believe Baldwin will be 100 percent practicing with the team starting...
  11. F

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Cyclones (Game Moved to 1PM)

The family is hoping he gets to travel and see some playtime against Kansas State and/or Texas game. I'd really love to see him out there. He and/or Collins will give us the best shot at an "air raid". I'd love to see it.
  12. F

Quarterback stat comparison

You're exactly right. Wrong phrasing. I know the kid's family and I'm just bummed for him. I truly believe he could be a big thing for TCU; just seems to be having some bum luck.
  13. F

Quarterback stat comparison

Yes!! This board is trying so hard to make this all about Duggan. The kid's been so-so. He threw better against Kansas, but we also handed him a lot of quick passes to the line of scrimmage. Yes, they were effective, but I think I may be able to get some completions on those. Delton has been...
  14. F

Bunch of dang ol’ Chicken Littles

Baldwin and Collins should be given a try. Duggan is not good. Sorry Duggan bandwagoners, but he's just not.
  15. F

Gameday Thread: Iron Skillet Edition

He's cleared today. Ready to start practice is what I heard. Sure wish they would've just let jump out there last night.
  16. F

Max Duggan should be our starting quarterback.

The UAPB game doesn't tell us much. Frankly, that both quarterbacks didn't look like QB gods is a little concerning (and the drops need to stop). This was not a tough game. We should have scored 50-plus. I am very thankful for the bye week and hope that GP and Cumbie get the QB situation sorted...
  17. F

Max Duggan should be our starting quarterback.

B Baldwin will absolutely factor in somewhere because he's better. If you want our offense to light up, go with Baldwin.
  18. F

FWST: TCU’s Matthew Baldwin granted immediate eligibility

I'm the family friend that knows them and the surgery was the first of June. That's three months ago. Yes, he's been throwing. Doing great with the scout team in preparation for the season. He may not be completely cleared by Purdue, but could possible be. I hope so. Go Frogs!!
  19. F

FWST: TCU continues fight with NCAA over Ohio State transfer Baldwin’s immediate eligibility

Sorry for the tone. I have appellate practice experience and you're right it's not as complicated as that. But, I also have heard what the Baldwin family has done to try to make this thing happen. And, the no sense of urgency comment is so wrong. There's nothing TCU or the Baldwins would rather...
  20. F

FWST: TCU continues fight with NCAA over Ohio State transfer Baldwin’s immediate eligibility

Are you a lawyer? Do you have any clue what is involved with an appeal?