• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. D

Yahoo! Sports: All of the ridiculous things that happened in the Cheez-It Bowl

Hey guys. Just wanted to check in and say umm, er, congratulations? And, umm, good game. . . . I guess.
  2. D

SI: Cheez-It Bowl Preview: Cal Defense Should Control Game Against TCU

Yes, I only rode 8 years of the 9 year bull market. Your 25% is mostly gone now and diminishing. You responded before I edited my response from bonds to to long term treasuries. My Treasuries are positive and trending in the right direction. I'm doing fine. Thanks for your concern. Note...
  3. D

Have you looked at the market recently? Not cash - long term Treasuries
  4. D

S Sonny Dykes goes on a long list of bad Cal hires. His defenses were among the worst in all college football during his tenure - and that includes mid-major teams. I will always remember his response after a Spring Game in which the offense dominated - when a reporter asked about the poor...
  5. D

Technically, it is true that drunkoski is not currently banned from BearInsider. He was banned. Over the years, and management changes, all previous bans were lifted. He could post there now if he wanted to. Thankfully that has not happened.
  6. D

This is the correct response. You guys are arguing with droski, aka drunkoski. He was banned from BearInsider about 7 years ago for being insufferable. He will NEVER stop arguing with you. Arguing with him is like playing whack-a-mole. He doesn't care if he's been proven wrong. He...
  7. D

Who plans to attend the Armed Forces Bowl?

Any of you go to the 2015 Armed Forces Bowl featuring Cal and Jared Goff vs. Air Force? Goff threw 6 touchdown passes in that one.
  8. D

The writer put his Cal pick at a "High" level of confidence. That's crazy to me. Patrick Laird is everything that is good about college football (a walk-on whose touchdown celebration is to mimic opening a book) but Patrick Laird is NOT going to "wear the Horned Frogs out".
  9. D

Cheez-It Bowl vs. Cal

Our band is a pretty straightforward traditional marching band. You won't see any dumb Stanford-style skits. Our mascot, Oski, is an old fashioned bear who walks around taking pictures with kids. Rivalries aside, Stanford is a great institution and I don't know how they tolerate the idiocy...
  10. D

TCU opens +2.5

We should play the whole game with overtime rules
  11. D

TCU opens +2.5

FIFY. Cal has 5 defensive touchdowns which have directly resulted in 3 wins. I think having Muehl air it out is the opposite of what you want to do. Control the ball. Set up some nice plays for Reagor. Score 20 and you'll get the win.
  12. D

TCU opens +2.5

Cal's starting qb only started the 1st game. After that, 2 different qb's split time. One of them - McIlwain - was very exciting and seemed to have won the job but over three losses against Oregon, Arizona, and UCLA he had 11 turnovers. Since then, the boring guy - Garbers - has been at...
  13. D

Cheez-It Bowl vs. Cal

Don't know the reason Stayed here all season
  14. D

Cheez-It Bowl vs. Cal

Muehlstein is a senior and making his 2nd start in his last eligible game. You guys seem happy about him starting. I'm curious why (I know nothing of Muehlstein except what I said above, which doesn't sound like a good resume, but like I said, I know nothing of him).
  15. D

Cheez-It Bowl vs. Cal

Answering that question depends on the time period. Cal has always accepted a few athletes that are academically below normal standards. Maybe Lynch fell into that category (I don't know) but he was a good student at Cal. DeSean Jackson was a good student in high school and college. Reports...
  16. D

Cheez-It Bowl vs. Cal

Meh. We usually reserve that joke for our Stanford friends.
  17. D

TCU alum and Carolina Panthers CB coach fired....

Fired by Cal alum and Carolina head coach Ron Rivera. An omen?
  18. D

Cheez-It Bowl vs. Cal

Cal fan here. I'd take the under on this game as well. Cal's offense has issues, as you know. We don't have a playmaker like Jalen Reagor but I'm looking forward to seeing him battle with our safety Ashtyn Davis, who will be providing the CB's with help.