• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. P

Benedict Patterson!

The gnashing of teeth and claims of betrayal by some that have used multiple opportunities to tell us how happy they are that GP was shown the door is hyprocrisy of the highest order. As far as I'm concerned, GP is a football coach. He wants to coach, irregardless of how much money he's made in...
  2. P

Gameday Thread: TCU at Oklahoma, The Last One (Nov 24, 2023; 11AM)

Idk. We were coming off an 11-2 year. Got destroyed in Lubbock by an average Tech team, let a 4 win Tulane team beat us at the end of the season to insure a losing season. 04 was pretty rough
  3. P

My Dad started taking me to games before my first definitive TCU football memory (1974 in the snow vs UT, an 84-16 loss). Never missed a home game meaning I saw a whole bunch of losing Frog football. The only season that I can remember being this disappointing, not fun, etc was the 2004 year...
  4. P

I'm a loooong time HS DB coach (27 years this season) and so I tend to give coaches more leash than the crowd here, but what I'm seeing and feeling as I've watched this bunch this year has me questioning almost every facet of what we're putting on the field. I grew up watching TCU football (my...
  5. P

If we're going to be so porous on defense, why not let the kids get up and press, be aggressive? Results couldn't be much worse, but at least put the aggressiveness back into that side of the ball. So passive....
  6. P

I miss the era when our defense was aggressive, intimidated and bullied people. The soft, rope a dope defense of today is a stark contrast to that era.
  7. P

Week 12 - Other Games

Yeah, super happy for Jerry Kill and his bunch. He's done one of the best jobs in the nation turning that NM State program around. Congrats to him and the Aggies.
  8. P

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Texas, Cockroach Edition? (Nov 11, 2023; 6:30PM)

Just bad. Stupid penalties, poor player decisions, a whole bunch of me and not a ton of team. Just yuck. My first game memory (though I'd been to a few before) was UT 81, TCU 16 in the snow when I was 5 years old. I watched a ton of bad TCU football for a lot of years, but I still enjoyed...
  9. P

Seems that our offensive line has this 2 years bad, 1 average, 1 good cycle. Feel like it's been this way for a long, long time. They were bad, bad, bad in '21, average to good last year and are back to awful this year. If there is one position group that I most wish consistency from it's this...
  10. P

Yeah, Newton has been pretty bad so far tonight
  11. P

The d-line has played well so far (admittedly, looking for cherries in an ocean of [ Finebaum ]s)
  12. P

I've gone from anger-frustration to incredulous to expecting the ugly in about 6-7 weeks.
  13. P

Btw, hasn't the cheez it commercial....."who's feeling the cheesiest?" been around for at least three seasons now?
  14. P

Poor technique by Newton on the go ball. Out of phase, looking back at the QB...no beuno
  15. P

In a season filled with kicks to the crotch, it's just the most recent
  16. P

Can't be that loose with the football. Bradford, all of the DB's have been taught that. Giving the ball back right there might loom large later.
  17. P

It’s one thing to look bad, it’s another to be just embarrassing…

Couple of thoughts.... Kids don't seem motivated to perform. Some are calling it quit. some lack of heart or fight. All the same. The TD on the wheel was most definitely on the LB. He wasn't assigned to spy there, but was doing his own thing and then gave a piss poor effort when his mistake was...
  18. P

Gameday Thread: TCU at the Little Apple, Wildcat Edition (Oct 21, 2023; 6PM)

Me as well. Was super disappointed in our total lack of fight that night. Even more so because of the $ spent and heaven and earth moved so that I could go. Tonight’s total lack of fight reminds me of that night (without the rain)
  19. P

Gameday Thread: TCU at the Little Apple, Wildcat Edition (Oct 21, 2023; 6PM)

I try to not overreact but I get a front runner vibe from this team. When it’s going well, the team has energy, everyone goes hard but when we get punched in the mouth we tend to stand there and keep taking punches. Not a lot of fight back.