• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. I

2019-2020 TCU basketball thread

Thank you for the assistant assist.
  2. I

I've been a member, albeit one who contributes infrequently (and generally regarding basketball), under the current heading for a few years -- and posted just as infrequently under another heading for a decade or so prior to the site change a few years ago. I've seen Miles play twice in my life...
  3. I

I apologize for the triple post, but there are enough advertisements running these days that it makes figuring out whether something has posted more difficult than reading the insignificant responses of individuals who have nothing better to do than randomly attack fellow Frog supporters online...
  4. I

For what it's worth, Coach Dixon and an assistant I probably should have recognized (Did Santee start dieting? Someone else grow some facial hair?) were at the Cowtown Tipoff at North Crowley last Saturday for the final trio of games that had to have featured over a dozen unclaimed D-I recruits...
  5. I

BU V TCU Game Thread

I also said "if we shoot a pedestrian level from the free throw line" in reference to Baylor's potential -- or lack thereof -- to get back in the game. (I was referring to the second half in general and not late in the game, so I apologize on that front.) If we make free throws up 19 around...
  6. I

2018-19 Basketball Season Thread

You know you're a basketball school when Dick Vitale brings you up during a Duke game. Of course, it was regarding Clemson's win over a quality Lipscomb squad, so he probably just skimmed Lipscomb's schedule and picked their best win. Which means … Sorry, SMU. Literally.
  7. I

BU V TCU Game Thread

Not sure how entirely changing the defensive scheme to guard the paint in a game in which 3s are the only way for the opponent to get back in the game would be a good adjustment on the part of Coach Dixon. And even 3s wouldn't have mattered If we shoot a pedestrian level from the line in the...
  8. I

Kaden Archie Transferring?

Oh, absolutely. And I would be comfortable calling Archie an elite defender right now (At least, individually. Hadn't seen him enough of him to gauge his impact on team defense). It would've been nice to have stuck him on 24 this afternoon when he was carrying them offensively and just not...
  9. I

BU V TCU Game Thread

He's from Westlake, so it should come naturally. Has a HS teammate in Austin and another one headed there next year, so be sure to pace yourself.
  10. I

2018-19 Basketball Season Thread

Pity the poor team that gets the Jayhawks next (unless it's Baylor, of course). All they did against us after losing to Tech last year was shoot double our free throw percentage today from three. Oh, wait.
  11. I

If R.J. continues to play at today's level (or, hopefully, continues to improve his overall play), I think we'll be fine this year (I'm ignoring Fisher's missing today and us missing free throws today).
  12. I

I certainly agree with the rookie comment and about the hype, but let's not overthink things here. The reason why we were so excited about his commitment was because he had excelled against outstanding talent at the high school level. I know nothing about the AAU scene, but in his first two...
  13. I

TCU v SMU

In my book, "seemed to favor the team on a run" is "inconsistent officiating" ... which is the very definition of "bad officiating (or one of them)," especially when it appears to be contributing to the "run." With the purple-tinted glasses on, I recall a "charge" called on Noi in the second...
  14. I

TCU v SMU

In my book, "seemed to favor the team on a run" is "inconsistent officiating" ... which is the very definition of "bad officiating (or one of them)," especially when it appears to be contributing to the "run." With the purple-tinted glasses on, I recall a "charge" called on Noi in the second...
  15. I

TCU v SMU

About getting a paycheck or refereeing a DI college basketball game?
  16. I

TCU v SMU

Almost as annoying as the officials. At least you can mute the announcers.
  17. I

GoFrogs: TCU to Play at Dickies Arena in 2019

I don't particularly recall a great crowd at last year's game against Nevada at the Staples Center (admittedly, I'd just spent two and a half hours trying to get the heck out of San Antonio after a high school football playoff game -- great road construction planning, TXDOT! -- so I'm not sure...
  18. I

GoFrogs: TCU to Play at Dickies Arena in 2019

Enfield has done a nice job at USC. Think they were solid tourney teams in '16 and '17 (I vaguely recall rooting for them against Baylor in the Round of 32 and coming away disappointed). and were one of the "last teams out" last year after placing 2nd in the Pac-Whatever. Despite Bill Walton's...
  19. I

Midland Reporter-Telegram: Brian Howard enjoying ride at the pro level

I'm no expert at the whole pro ball thing, and have nothing to go on but the numbers (which, as we all know, never lie), but I'd hesitate to slap a "struggling" label on Riley after four appearances in AAA -- especially when two of 'em were lockdown performances. Hopefully, the most recent of...
  20. I

Midland Reporter-Telegram: Brian Howard enjoying ride at the pro level

Different Ferrell. Riley was recently promoted to AAA Fresno after coming off the 7-day DL. Had a 1.9 ERA in 21 appearances at CC this year (5 ERs in 23.2 innings). Went 7 for 7 on saves (33 SOs to 18 BBs). Looks like he had a rough intro to AAA (2 runs in one inning), but he's had...