• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. W

FLM: No. 1 Houston seeks revenge against TCU in Big 12 tourney

??? The last 20-25 teams in the tournament are automatic qualifiers. So at 10, that's about as on the bubble as you can get for an at-large bid. I think since they went to 68 teams that real bubble number might be 11, but still, I think had we lost to OU there was a good chance we'd have been...
  2. W

Trent Dilfer: CFB "super league" within 18-24 months?

I just asked you some questions. Why can't you just answer. I'm far from Mr. Know It All but I try and pay attention and not have my head buried in the sand. I think some people are in denial tbh. The TV networks don't need TCU to capture the DFW TV market, that should be plainly obvious to...
  3. W

FLM: Eyeing tourney bid, TCU out to finish strong vs. UCF

The answer to that is no. I can't believe anyone participates with the current guidelines in place (or lack of guidelines, however you want to put it), some of the figures thrown around blow my mind. Having a good football team is nice but it no longer has any meaning when it just becomes a...
  4. W

FLM: Eyeing tourney bid, TCU out to finish strong vs. UCF

I think the OU is a play-in game for us. I'm 100% confident we're in if we win that one, and about 95% confident we'd be out if we lose.
  5. W

If Northwestern were not already in the Big 10, do you think they'd be a real attractive team to the Super League because they are in Chicago? Do you think Vandy brings the Nashville market? Would Tulane bring the New Orleans market? What about Temple and the Philadelphia market?
  6. W

Well, if Minnesota is able to draft kids out of Duncanville, they probably won't be [ Finebaum ]ty much longer. If NIL is here to stay, a player draft would be great for the game IMO. The money-whipping would immediately stop and we'd have real parity where things like talent evaluation, coaching, and...
  7. W

You mean couldn't care less. Maybe so, but Rutgers football has been in the gutter for a good while now, and they still drew more TV eyeballs on average than 25 other P5 programs. What kind of numbers would they bring if they went on a run of really good seasons? When teams are really good...
  8. W

I thought no NIL was deemed against the law? How is it going to go away?
  9. W

From a TV revenue standpoint, the DFW market is already covered with UT, OU and A&M. I don't think TV ratings here for college football would materially change if TCU were left out of the mix. And people might say, well, the Big 10 went after Rutgers because of the New York TV market. Yes...
  10. W

I don't think you really get how this works.
  11. W

Well.....OSU and Tech (and I suppose K=State as well) have more fans than we do. But I don't think convenience for fans to attend games is anywhere on the radar as far as what their priorities are in picking schools. They care about eyeballs, and its not just eyeballs when TCU is good and...
  12. W

I think you're selling Tech and OSU short, and maybe KSU too. Location starts becoming less and less important the more this turns into a football-only thing. Lubbock, Stillwater and Manhattan have airports and they all fly charter, it's arguably an easier trip to fly in to those cities than...
  13. W

Rutgers, Indiana, Purdue, NC State, Maryland, Minnesota, Virginia and Illinois......yes. Northwestern, Vandy, MSU and Pitt....no. If 48 is the number, we'd be lucky to get in IMO. I'd imagine State schools with large alumni bases are going to get the nod over smaller private schools in most...
  14. W

And here we go.....12 just probably isn't enough.

Not much difference between 95 and 100%. Two conferences have hoarded almost all the big money programs in the game, that is where the best teams are going to come from. They are going to pay the most for players.
  15. W

I’d say there is about a 95% chance the two “best teams” are going to come from one of those two leagues anyway.
  16. W

It’s a good thing they expanded the playoffs, because now everyone is happy. LOL!!!
  17. W

Just say whoever has the best record is the champion. And come up with some tiebreaker formula. Who cares whether it’s fair or makes sense, the only thing that really matters is having a champion declared.
  18. W

Frogs to the B1G?!?

And I'll say it again, without some rules put in place that will ensure some parity in the game (no free agency/transfers, salary cap or something similar, etc) this is all just wildly stupid. More playoff teams is last on the list of what this sport needs, they are going backwards.
  19. W

Frogs to the B1G?!?

No, I don't either. I nice 10-team league of solid programs would seem fine.