• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. tjcoffice

OT: A Plea for Help from My Fellow Attorneys and Others

Wow, and I always assumed all Harvard law grads could pick any job they want. I guess that is just another urban myth.
  2. tjcoffice

Chandler Morris in the Portal

I don't knock Chandler for doing what he thinks he needs to do. But, can't help but notice that Max went through worse and he stayed.
  3. tjcoffice

Well, hello there.

Like daughter, like dad, err.... or vice versa. Anyway, its never too late to repent of your past sins.
  4. tjcoffice

FWST: In replacing his defensive coordinator, TCU’s Sonny Dykes owns one major mistake

It ain't easy to self-assess and look at what you did critically. SD - at least in that - is much different from GP.
  5. tjcoffice

OT: Lone Star Beer. Question from some of the older beer drinkers here.

Someone in San Antonio started brewing Pearl beer with the original recipe from the 1880's. That is a great lager with much flavor. Its like night and day from the Pearl I knew way back when. But, have not seen the new Pearl on the shelves lately.
  6. tjcoffice

OT: Lone Star Beer. Question from some of the older beer drinkers here.

Don't say that. It was and *always* will be the national beer of Texas! I good friend of mine, we are both 66, has drunk nothing else since high school. But, darned if I would drink it - even if the worst craft beer was available. I don't know where my friend continues to find it. Is it even...
  7. tjcoffice

Mark Bezos and TCU NIL

You know, back a few weeks ago, just as the season was ending, I saw a tweet by Throwback frog saying Joe Gillespie had been fired. I spent maybe 15 min searching the intent trying to confirm it. But, nothing of course. Maybe Throwback is trying to nudge events along? Strange.
  8. tjcoffice

Sports Illustrated: TCU Beats Georgetown on Incredible Game-Winning Shot

"Miller caught the pass and banked home the incredible game-winning three-pointer as time expired." https://www.si.com/college/2023/12/03/tcu-beats-georgetown-incredible-game-winning-shot-shouldnt-have-counted-out-of-bounds
  9. tjcoffice

Sources: Gary Patterson a strong candidate at Houston

Which would be similar to what Mack Brown has done. But, of course, Mack left his TU job with a bit more grace than did Gary P.
  10. tjcoffice

Want Excitement @ The Carter? Hire Neon Deion.

As long as he brings his receipts with him.......
  11. tjcoffice

Yea, but. Traylor's two predecessors could not win against those same teams. The first coach was Larry Coker who won a national championship at Miami. Frank Wilson the second guy, was known as a good recruiter when he was at LSU. But, UTSA struggled under both.
  12. tjcoffice

Like everything, those sorts of things come in degrees. Some schools have less controlling rich alumni than others.
  13. tjcoffice

247 sports says changes might happen at coordinator(s) in next 24 hours

Not knocking you. Its more about mis-leading headlines. Many news sites do that.
  14. tjcoffice

The new Texas A&M coach is….

So, they are going with Mike Elko. At least for now, until he turns them down, too. https://www.expressnews.com/sports/aggies/article/texas-a-m-turns-mike-elko-replace-jimbo-fisher-18515761.php
  15. tjcoffice

The new Texas A&M coach is….

What a shame.
  16. tjcoffice

Tyrell Brown and Coach Kaz.

Lot of bad things "happen." That does not make it open season on bad things. I went to a girls softball game a few years back and one parent was doing the worst heckling. It was embarrassing for all concerned. I would defend a player as well - up to a certain point. Just because it happens does...
  17. tjcoffice

OT: Favorite Professor at TCU

My favorite was probably Cecil Jarman. They brought him back out of retirement. It was an Intro to Religion sort of class. A large class, like 30, 40 kids. The Bookstore did not have the required book for one, maybe 2 or 3 weeks. That came up during a class and all of us were basically whining...
  18. tjcoffice

Tyrell Brown and Coach Kaz.

At least as far as points allowed, our defense improved slightly from last year. Defense: Average points allowed per game 2022: 29 points allowed per game 2023: 28. But, offense: Average points scored per game 2022: 38 points scored per game 2023: 29