• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. F

A Little TCU Trivia Involving Jackie Robinson

This recently sold with Heritage Auctions. I thought some of you might find it interesting. TCU / UCLA Ticket Stub
  2. F

Trent Dilfer: CFB "super league" within 18-24 months?

Minnesota has gotten some Texas kids. There is a reason they hired Wacker and tried to hire Patterson. Minnesota’s biggest problem is they still think they are in Bernie Bierman era where they are a national brand. That when paired with their problems of being able to keep kids in state has led...
  3. F

I think there is a growing fear that major college athletics will destroy universities. The cost to compete might push a school to lose money. Donations will be made to athletic departments and not academics. How much is the athletic department worth to these institutions?
  4. F

My guess is TCU is probably around 55 in terms of desirability. That assumes every cut BIG and SEC school stays. Less than 50 and TCU is out. At 60 TCU is moving forward. Even if there is another wave of expansion I could see some contraction in the distant future. I think there is going to be...
  5. F

FWST: TCU forfeiting games reveals the ugly reality about the state of women’s basketball

This is the worst article I've read by you know who. Sure there is a difference between Big 12 and many lower conferences, but this is not the first time for something like this to happen. It won't be the last. We want player safety until it costs money. TCU will face consequences for...
  6. F

Yahoo! Sports: TCU women's basketball team to hold open tryouts after forfeiting games due to lack of healthy players

Carleton in Minnesota started the season with 10 players. Before the season started they were down to 6 healthy players for the season. They cancelled to the season. Injuries and other issues happen. I am shocked with how intense sports are getting it doesn't happen more often.
  7. F

Nick Saban Retires

Who knows if his wife's health is an issue. I am hearing it's not a reason. I could actually see him going to the Big Ten if one of a few jobs open. I also think there is a good chance he is done with coaching! He hated the NFL. I think this new generation of college football is something...
  8. F

Fire Kendal Briles

Any chance the new MSU coach throws him a bone? One can hope!
  9. F

Officiating philosophies, a long rant.

I got started officiating in high school. I had offers to join a crew when I was 18. I didn’t do it mainly because I was going to college without a car. I eventually did a few years of lacrosse in MN and loved it. Now I do small recreational leagues as a way to give back. It’s the most fun I...
  10. F

The Spun: Former TCU Coach Gary Patterson Makes His Intentions About Coaching Clear

I think he could do well at a Big Ten school. I also think a G5 position would work for him. My honest opinion is that if he doesn’t get a job this year it’s probably over unless he’s willing to be coordinator or position coach at the D1 level. I know the passion may burn for coaching, but I...
  11. F

Fire Kendal Briles

If KB isn’t coaching here next year where does he go? Is he living on the success of others? Where has he had sustained success on his own? I have to think his next position is probably a prove it one at a lower level.
  12. F

Steven Johnson: TCU has big questions it needs to answer after ugly loss to K-State

It was a great article. I think there is a lot read between the lines. Regarding the defense I think they understand they are not getting the push they need. That has been a huge problem this season. Until that is fixed it won't matter. I have never been a fan of the 3-3-5. It probably...
  13. F

Brian Estridge post game

First of all I don’t know if there is a better play by play guy in the business. The Horned Frog radio booth really lets you hear the game. Didn’t realize that in the last 5 against BYU the scoring differential is 127. Also it sounded like after the ISU debacle Dykes had some words for his...
  14. F

YouTube: TCU Fans During BYU

I enjoyed the Carthage reference! I laughed way too hard and loudly next to my Mormon boss!
  15. F

The Band

Not too familiar with TCU’s music program, but they did lure Dr. Aspaas from St. Olaf. That is a huge hire for a choral program.
  16. F

Prime Academy

Probably a matter of time before something happens with the NCAA and him. If I remember correctly half the administrators at Prime Prep didn’t have degrees or the necessary qualifications.
  17. F

Bleacher Report: TCU LB Johnny Hodges: Horned Frogs Are 'Laughingstock' of CFB After Colorado Loss

Remind me why he left Navy?! This is leadership! I don’t like his laughingstock line, but I like when people take responsibility. I’d follow him into battle.
  18. F

Prime Academy

None of the ones I’ve seen have to pay it back. Bankruptcy may be involved. If you ever want to know how a school feels about your kid threaten to go to a charter school. If the school doesn’t fight it at all there is a reason. I know one kid a group of teachers darn near paid the family to go...
  19. F

Takeaways Good and Bad

Pretty sure having seen LSU and Clemson lose makes the loss an easier to accept. Those games are hard. Usually you have some film to scout, but there was very little on Colorado. I’m sure the preparation wasn’t where it needed to be. I’m going to leave my opinions on a few coaches quiet right...
  20. F

Prime Academy

Charter schools are short term financial investments. The key is to build and make money the first three years when you receive bonuses from governments and other funding sources. In years 3-5 start creating an exit plan to shut it down and sell the facilities for a profit. Then do it again...