• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. HornyWartyToad

The Columbus Dispatch 'Ohio State would've won the natty': OSU football reacts to Georgia national championship win

LOL, Loser says What? https://www.yahoo.com/news/ohio-state-wouldve-won-natty-110632073.html
  2. HornyWartyToad

A Sobering Realization about the new CFP Format

The new 12-team format is being sold to the CFB-consuming public as more egalitarian, to give more opportunity to, "the little guys." After contemplating what that's going to look like, I've realized it's Fool's Gold. Or in today's parlance, Rat Poison. More on that in a moment. Watching our...
  3. HornyWartyToad

New Statue?

This is one of the greatest images I've ever seen. Iconic, like MJ's Nike image, or the Heisman pose. It deserves to be immortalized. If not a statue, then at minimum, it should be on TCU Athletic gear for a long time to come. Posters, clothing, etc. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, TCU DO SOMETHING...
  4. HornyWartyToad

Anybody watching "Texas 6"?

Stumbled across it during the holidays on Paramount +, it's a kind of document-drama about 6-man football. So far it's focused on Strawn HS, they've won several state titles. I'm only on the first episode, so IDK if they are going to look at other teams, but it's pretty good stuff, football...
  5. HornyWartyToad

What's The One Thing you want to see tomorrow

Other than Showgirls and Victory, for me it's cleaning up the Offensive Substitution stuff that we saw in the latter half of the year. This seems like it must have been made a Point of Emphasis at some point for the REFS, and was frustrating to see Max looking like he was distracted/frustrated...
  6. HornyWartyToad

Rules Question

Are knee pads just no longer a thing? Was watching the UT Alamo Bowl last night (they might as well call it that), and Xavier Worthy's pants were literally about to the mid-point of his thigh. I've easily had longer board shorts. Is there no longer any requirement of having pants that reach...
  7. HornyWartyToad

TCU QB Max Duggan to declare for 2023 NFL draft

A legendary Frog. . . Here's to seeing you go 2-0, kid. https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tcu-qb-max-duggan-declare-014541496.html
  8. HornyWartyToad

Strength Coach getting Shown the Money

Great article, I'm guessing Kaz is showing it to HCSD right about now. I hope Kaz is as involved in the redo of the performance center as OSU's Strength coach was there, and that he has the budget to get everything he could possibly want. Meet college football's first $1 million strength...
  9. HornyWartyToad

Injury Updates?

Curious if anyone has any insight on some of our dinged up warriors. Particularly interested in Derius, it struck me as odd yesterday that he was back to return kickoffs, but not punts. I believe he was in for a few offensive snaps, but limited impact. My recollection of the list of those who...
  10. HornyWartyToad

My Favorite Thing about this TEAM

Besides the record, duh. It's that not only do we keep finding different ways to win: Offensive explosions against the best defense in the league, Stifling defense agains the ahem, "best" Running Back in the league, second-half comebacks, last-second heroics, etc. It HAS to make game-planning...
  11. HornyWartyToad

KFC Bus to JerryWorld?

I have been a little on the fence but decided after today's amazement to suck it up and go buy the tickets. Hate so much driving over there though. Would much prefer to find another way, is that something we could put together in short order? Any interest?
  12. HornyWartyToad

B12 Championship Tickets?

Does the school get an allotment? I looked on Stubhub and the prices for anything decent look pretty outrageous. As it stands now if I had to buy through them I'd probably go end zone seats, but I'm assuming TCU will have an allotment with some more reasonable choices? Anybody know what the...
  13. HornyWartyToad

FINALLY! A legit Fort Worth Sports Columnist!

First time we've had one since Gallo retired. This guy does a column every week during football season, he deserves to be read. https://www.fwweekly.com/2022/10/19/the-hero-we-dont-deserve/ The Hero We Don’t Deserve Led by “Mad” Max Duggan, TCU thrived during overtime against unbeaten Okie...
  14. HornyWartyToad

Big Ups for Brewing Frog

Offered up his tickets last minute when he found he couldn't use them. . . I jumped in, and well, amazing [ Finebaum ] happened. I'm 60, and I'M A MAN, and I've been going to CFB games since I was 6. . . GF loved it, drama galore, and I even predicted the INT before it happened, which made me look...
  15. HornyWartyToad

Joel Klatt on the Talent Gap

I know, I know, the subject has been beaten to death, but he makes a couple of points I hadn't considered: 1, it's way more severe than I realized, and 2, it even has a serious impact on the so-called, "Blue Blood," teams. "If you actually go and you look at the 247 team composite rankings ...
  16. HornyWartyToad

Light Pole Flags

Anybody know whether these are for sale by the Athletic Department or elsewhere? I've always thought they were pretty cool, and would love to have one of the QJ ones for my kid. They tend to be pretty faded and worn out by the end of the season, so I'd love to get ahold of one that hasn't been...
  17. HornyWartyToad

Stoops pranked into Brutal Cameo- Cruel, but Brilliant

I'm not clever enough to post the tweet directly, so here's the entire story: A brutal, albeit unintentional, takedown of Brian Ferentz, the OC at Iowa, by Bob Stoops. Masterminded by a disgruntled Iowa fan, guess it's the digital-age equivalent of putting a "For Sale" sign in the coach's...
  18. HornyWartyToad

Disney+ [ What the heck? ]???

I just signed up for Disney+, and can't find the TCU game. In fact no football at all. I set the "User settings" to "R" so I know that's not the issue. Any ideas? Help, please!!!
  19. HornyWartyToad

No Look-alike thread :(

Was going to come on here and witch about the lack of a Tarleton look-alike thread, then thought, what the hell I'll just start one. Went to their site and out of however many players on their roster, there are FOUR with photos. Two of the four are in soccer uniforms, and one of those, listed...
  20. HornyWartyToad

B1G deal: Big Ten lands $7 billion, NFL-style TV contracts

Wondering if this heats up the potential for B12 action now on the PAC teams? I wouldn't feel great about standing pat at this point. "The Big Ten's new $7 billion media rights deal will string the conference's top football games across three major networks each week, creating an NFL-style...