• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. More Frogs the Better

2023 BOWL GAMES THREAD

Big 10 crew. I might even believe that they are biased against Texas.
  2. More Frogs the Better

I concur with the thoughts.

I really can’t claim to be a Mavs fan considering how very little I watch NBA games. But it really doesn’t matter. As Mr Galloway used to say, watch the damn games. Both examples I cited are pretty well discussed out on the interwebs so not just some personal theory of mine.
  3. More Frogs the Better

I concur with the thoughts.

I appreciate the difficult jobs officials have and feel like they do try to call the game correctly the overwhelming majority of the time but the Mavs v Heat you cite is something that that is just an all-time low in the profession. I don't think the officials were on the take but they do have...
  4. More Frogs the Better

Coach Kenny Hill

I think Kenny is doing it right to learn his craft just like coaches all over college football and I'd be glad to for him to reunite with TCU some day. GP giving him his first coaching job as the QB coach at a P5 program, however, was probably the most egregious example of the GP buddy system...
  5. More Frogs the Better

No SEC in the CFP

Tulane was very good last season and beat Kansas State. They matched up well against USC that didn't play any defense at all. I believe the Fiesta gets the G5 team this year and they will probably be paired with one of the teams that didn't quite make the playoffs. I guess the "we don't want...
  6. More Frogs the Better

No SEC in the CFP

I thought Baylor was worse than SMU but otherwise have no opinion on SMU v Liberty. I think it's kind of ridiculous that a G5 gets a guaranteed spot without being in the top 12 like we had to do to get into the Fiesta and Rose Bowls. I just don't get that being the best G5 team gets you...
  7. More Frogs the Better

Are We Back in the WAC? Putrid 2024 Home Schedule...

It would not be a huge shock to me if TCU and SMU end up deciding over the next couple of months to not play that game. We'll see.
  8. More Frogs the Better

Tyrell Brown and Coach Kaz.

I know nothing about your first point but your second can't be serious. Good grief.
  9. More Frogs the Better

Bob Wager question?

What kind of transparency are you looking for to announce a volunteer working with the staff, mainly on special teams? Should they have done an edit with him from the creative staff? He's a former DFW area coach with connections in the area that's spending some down time working with the...
  10. More Frogs the Better

Fire Kendal Briles

I didn't care if we hired him or not so I'm not in either camp but honestly, it would probably be best for both parties at this point for him or us to just move on. There have been no issues with him at TCU that justify the personal attacks that keep being directed toward him but his being on...
  11. More Frogs the Better

FWST: What happened to TCU this season? Experts chime in on Horned Frogs’ struggle

https://www.aol.com/news/happened-tcu-season-experts-chime-215036944.html
  12. More Frogs the Better

Week 10 Other Games

Oregon State staff goes braindead again and refuses a 21 - 3 lead to go for 2. Fumbled snap returned for 2 by CO.
  13. More Frogs the Better

Week 10 Other Games

Not to mention one of the most absurd game management sequences in history at the end of the first half that gifted OSU 7 pts.
  14. More Frogs the Better

Week 10 Other Games

I think you're right and they will need help. If GA, FSU and WA win out and the OSU/Mich winner wins out, I'm not sure how they find a spot. Lot's of football to be played though.
  15. More Frogs the Better

If we don’t make a bowl

I assume you mean Alan Ali who transferred from SMU? Avila was a 2018 TCU HS recruit, not a transfer.
  16. More Frogs the Better

Sonny Dykes the benefactor?

I don't recall anyone saying it was a mail in effort, just that it was a bad class. Yes, there are always hits and misses but that class is an extreme example regardless of what you attribute the cause--bad evaluations, bad luck, change in the defensive scheme. You could go through the list...
  17. More Frogs the Better

Sonny Dykes the benefactor?

It's hard to take anyone seriously that argues otherwise. From that class: Trent Battle--limited contributor. Abe Camara--contributor DJ Rogers--contributor Shad Banks--sometimes starter/contributor Chandler Morris--starter That's it. 1.5 starters from that class. Everyone else transferred...
  18. More Frogs the Better

If I Was Donati......

Time will tell if Sonny is the right guy but the longing for the days of GP by some is stunning. It’s like the last four years of his tenure never happened.
  19. More Frogs the Better

Fire Joe Gillespie

I don't know how anyone could make a case for the OC, DC or ST coordinators but that right there is reason enough that this has to be the end of the Gillespie experiment. If Briles comes back, I'd have to think there is at least some remote chance that he and Sonny together could figure...
  20. More Frogs the Better

Max

Or, he may have watched our games and is glad he left when he did.