• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. MacarthurTexas

FWST: TCU football’s quarterback competition is wide open, Sonny Dykes says

I think we are all huge fans of Max's makeup and is a great teammate and dude. However, the most important job of a QB is to put the ball where it needs to be accurately and on time. That has been the most important thing for a QB since the beginning of time. That hasn't been Max's strong...
  2. MacarthurTexas

247 Sports: TCU's Sonny Dykes on team's pursuit of Quinn Ewers: 'We just felt it was a better fit somewhere else'

This is really interesting. I would also be interested in just how hard Tech pushed for him. I read that they pushed pretty hard, but never saw anything approaching 'official'.
  3. MacarthurTexas

Z Evans in the portal….

I would think Sonny would try to get a sit down with him.
  4. MacarthurTexas

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Is there a family connection to SMU?
  5. MacarthurTexas

Is Preston Stone gonna enter the portal and follow Sonny?
  6. MacarthurTexas

Depends on how you view Criagslist. If you view it as a lot of junk people are wanting to unload, but also having some hidden gems if you know what you're looking for....then, yes, I would say that's a fair comparison.
  7. MacarthurTexas

I'm just not that excited at all about Dykes. Tell me who is #3 on the list....
  8. MacarthurTexas

That depends on what time frame we're talking about Gary's tenure.
  9. MacarthurTexas

Maybe. My concern with Dykes is the high floor but pretty low ceiling. I think TCU is at a flash point with UT and OU leaving....I think a riskier hire makes more sense.
  10. MacarthurTexas

For me, Dykes would be a very Meh hire.
  11. MacarthurTexas

As a coach, I wouldn't have a problem with him. My issue with him is all personality and being a giant dewsh. Now, maybe a little humble pie might have cured some of that. Time will tell.
  12. MacarthurTexas

I'm not fan of Herman, but I think it's a bit strong to say he was a failure at UT. Esp, given what has happened with Sark. I just think that job was too big for Herman, but I could see him being successful again at a middle of the road Power 5 school. Let me be clear, I don't want him...
  13. MacarthurTexas

The Athletic: TCU QB Max Duggan, RB Zach Evans 'questionable' this week at No. 4 Oklahoma

Any truth to the rumors that Morris has passed Downing as #2?
  14. MacarthurTexas

Chandler Morris transfers to TCU

Yeah, this seems to speak to what I was 'feeling' about his progress. I hadn't seen this but it does seem to verify what I thought my eyes were seeing and that's that he didn't look much diff than last year. It's certainly possible that with a more normal off season, he gets better, but I keep...
  15. MacarthurTexas

Okay, zero progression might a bit harsh. I give you that. However, I will still stand by the fact that he did not progress as a passer from the F year to Soph year like he should have, IMO. He's well into the bottom half of college QBs in yards, comp % and TDs. I get that he bring an...
  16. MacarthurTexas

I think this is a reasonable response. And I'm basing my thoughts on the fact that Morris was a fantastic passer in HS and that has continued with his growth in college, which we don't really know yet. All I know is that Max has a ways to go and one thing I believe, and have seen folks that...
  17. MacarthurTexas

I think this is the lead everyone may be missing. Love Max but his accuracy is poor and has not progressed in the passing game. Being fast and tough is great but in today’s game, if you can’t consistently win in the passing game, this team will continue to flounder.
  18. MacarthurTexas

Max Duggan should be our starting quarterback.

Agree w this. No doubt Duggan has the arm talent but Delton def adds the true dual threat element. I think the way they worked the system last night is good for the short term. I think the situation will work itself out. The interesting question for me is how the Baldwin decision now plays...