• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. S

FWST: ‘Racist motive’ for dress code? TCU coach denied entry at West 7th bar over Air Jordans

Yup. At some point people who got tired of black people “whining” about racism figured out that “you’re the real racist for bringing up race, I don’t see color, I thought that’s what you wanted!” was a bonkers enough rebuttal to muddy the waters enough to avoid any kind of realistic conversation...
  2. S

Kaden Archie Transferring?

All accurate. Worrisome is overstating the seriousness, strange timing was more my point. He may never be an all Big 12 guy but given what I’ve seen this year, I’ll take his athleticism and potential on my team any day. Certainly not readily expendable, IMO. I love how far our program has come...
  3. S

Kaden Archie Transferring?

What you said may all but true, the part about attrition coming naturally to good programs is definitely true but that good program attrition is typically for spare, redundant parts. Archie didn’t seem like a spare part and that’s what’s worrisome.
  4. S

The Comments on Mark Cohen

Wearing a suit, he tripped on a down marker, tumbling out onto the field after the 9th INT of the game. ESPN pauses it mid flail and circled his back side. I don’t care about any of the weird undertones in this thread, that was hysterical.
  5. S

2018 Cheez-it Bowl Game Thread

I couldn’t catch my breath from laughter after the illegal triple forward pass INT and from there just decided to ride the lightning and was well rewarded.
  6. S

2018 Cheez-it Bowl Game Thread

Far as I’m concerned I got about 10 laughs out of that game that were harder than any comedy I’ve seen this year, so in that regard it was great. That game should not be treated as anything else than a 4 hour absurdist comedy routine, all serious treatments of it will result in more hysterical...
  7. S

Kyler Murray signs with A's, will QB Sooners this fall

No, that was not remotely my point and not sure how you got that from what I said. Why would I think their article would influence NFL front offices? My point was that I think it plausibly reflects the sentiment among SOME talent evaluators in the NFL. They didn't just make it up out of thin air...
  8. S

What McShay said does not strike me as provocative for provocative's sake. The implication is that he's making stuff up and all decision makers in the league would laugh at him. I'm sure there are factions of the league that wouldn't want him in their system but I'd be shocked if a significant...
  9. S

This was conventional wisdom around the time of the MLB Draft but it’s not valid anymore. He has proven that he has NFL skills and in the modern game it’s clear his physical limitations are not deal breakers. If he was all in on football, he’d be drafted with the expectation that he’d become...
  10. S

We better not get screwed out of the Texas Bowl

For those who were around, what was the fan base’s prevailing attitude about the 2001 bowl against A&M? It predates me slightly so I’m genuinely curious but also kind of amused at the whole idea of spending 40+ pages of discussion around the spiritual successor to the galleryfurniture.com Bowl
  11. S

OT - Chili Recipe

This. I come from a family that is as Texan as Texan gets but at some point I decided I needed to drop the arbiter of what is Texan poser act and admit I prefer whatever you want to call chili with beans. But it has to be like this. If you simmer the beans with the chili it turns into a bean...
  12. S

247 Sports: High Number Of Injuries Unlike Any Season Patterson Has Seen

Because I feel like I’ve read some version of this article a majority of the last 7 years, my questions would be: 1. Does this happen everywhere but the elite teams have the depth to overcome it? If so, obviously you can’t snap your fingers and have depth but it seems when the primary factor in...
  13. S

Frog Fans best be careful what they wish for...

I’d like to think if I said to GPs face “we lost to Kansas and it didn’t feel like a fluke. I care deeply about this program and that is seriously concerning about where this team stands” he wouldn’t really even disagree. I think it’d be naive to think that yesterday wasn’t a serious indicator...
  14. S

Rock Chalk Rock Bottom

I don’t even think in season coaching changes would solve anything. My point was just if you think this is rock bottom, I hope you’re right because with the lack of urgency shown by this staff this season, I could see this going much deeper.
  15. S

Rock Chalk Rock Bottom

I mean it’s only rock bottom if you acknowledge it and head upwards. Not confident there will be a whole lot of introspection in the coming weeks. Could be wrong but given what we’ve rolled out week after week, I don’t think I am.
  16. S

TCU v ku GDT

If we’re not trying to score then just take a knee... If there is a coaching arugument I’ll listen to other than recruiting depth, it’s end of half management. Just been abysmal.
  17. S

TCU v ku GDT

Full strength, yes. The two teams on the field today? Man I haven’t seen anything that indicates obvious talent mismatch.
  18. S

TCU v ku GDT

The most depressing part, far and away, is that these look like two very even teams, just purely talent-wise
  19. S

Schloss reportedly staying at TCU

This whole strange ordeal make anyone else really look forward to when a&m inevitably dumps Childress? Anyway, happy you’re back Schloss!