• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. T

Gameday Thread: TCU on the Dark Side of the Moon, World Series Hangover Edition (Nov 2, 2023; 6PM)

I get the, "you are what your record says you are", but when any team has started 3 different QB's due to injury, it's wise to add some context to the record. Tech remains undefeated in games Behren Morton plays the entire game. This week was the first time Morton got starting reps in practice...
  2. T

TCU vs Coach Prime and his fighting buffalos Prediction Thread

I think TCU crushes them by 21. I expect Colorado to by highly undisciplined and receive a couple of unsportsmanlike penalties.
  3. T

#BAYLORTEARS

4. T

What is TECH whining about???

It's definitely strange, but the way it's worded, my guess is it has something to do with Tech's 3rd party analytics data. Almost all teams send in film to the Conference office after games to get clarification on rules and calls. Tech works with a 3rd party data analytics team and has...
  5. T

Congratulations, Tech!

Thanks, don't even care if they're having down years. It's been way too long. Congrats to TCU on the undefeated season and making it to the Big 12 Championship game. Must feel amazing as fans. This has been a once in a lifetime season. I really like the direction McGuire has the program...
  6. T

Okie State: The biggest game on TCU's schedule

Should be a great game. I really thought Tech had Oklahoma State until the 3rd string QB Morton got injured in the 2nd quarter. Oklahoma State had no answer for him. Then after the injury they were able to sit back in zone and he didn't have the mobility to run for first downs and couldn't go...
  7. T

So, about those Officials...

Would it really be the worst thing to publicly release the officiating grades? You could even do it at the Conference media days when we're months removed from the actual game and cooler heads can prevail. Release the grades from every Big 12 game and let the chips fall where they may.
  8. T

Mad Max for Heisman

Kyler Murray never played for Tech. Baker wasn't the starter coming out of fall camp. Baker was 3rd string coming out of camp but Michael Brewer injured his back and Davis Webb won the job but got sick the week before opening kickoff. Baker started and beat a few terrible teams. He started...
  9. T

So, about those Officials...

That was a bad call but it's certainly not isolated to TCU. In the Texas Tech vs Texas game, Texas Tech had Hudson Card dead to rights, was dragging him down, he throws the ball, didn't cross the LOS, weren't any receivers in the area. Refs got together and decided not to call intentional...
  10. T

Matador Club offers $25K contracts to 100 Texas Tech football players

If he's right, then every 5* player would be committing to Harvard, Yale and Stanford, which have the highest post-graduation salaries. That clearly doesn't happen, so he's clearly wrong. There is way more to the entire process than just "brand after you're no longer on the roster". Yes and...
  11. T

Again, you made the claim that Tech seeks the publicity, but a TCU coach is the one who attacked Tech, not the other way around. His main point is just ignorant. "That extra 2K is going to be a concrete ceiling for most players" and that extra $0 is going to be a concrete ceiling for most...
  12. T

99% of Tech fans had zero clue who Bryan Carrington was on July 18, 2022, it's not like Tech asked to be attacked and publicly negatively recruited just for publicity. TCU's "offensive analyst" has a history of publicly negative recruiting at his previous jobs(of which he seems to move around...
  13. T

These are good questions and only an assumption on my part, but they would be treated as contractors and receive 1099's. I like that this is an equal base payout for everyone from the walkon snapper to the starting QB, then everyone is free to go make above and beyond the base with other NIL...
  14. T

It's a monthly payment that starts August 1st and is only released once the player signs their contract and fulfills their volunteer work criteria.
  15. T

Texas Tech Radio crew suspended

It was actually one water bottle that was thrown, on the field, 30 yards away from any ISU player or staff. Out of 15,000+ students, one water bottle was thrown. That seems fairly tame considering there were 8 reviews in the game and every single one of them went in favor of the road team...
  16. T

Official Coaching Search Thread….

You clearly didn't watch the game.
  17. T

Please hire Matt Campbell. He just got his ass handed to him by a backup HC and a 3rd string freshman QB when he got every single call to go his way.
  18. T

Interviewed: - HC of currently undefeated ranked top 15 team - HC of team that was ranked top 20 last week - Coordinator of currently undefeated top 5 team - Current NFL offensive coordinator and former NFL HC - Texas Hall of Fame, 3-time State Champion If these are the tough times, can't...
  19. T

It certainly was in Tech circles. Both Kinsgbury and Wells attempted to hire McGuire, he was well liked and well known at Texas Tech. He literally fits word for word what Kirby Hocutt said he was looking for in a HC the day they fired Wells. 1) I obviously acknowledge Dykes had interest in...