• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. NYC Horned Frog

Film Premiere from a couple TCU grads / Game-watching in Fort Worth

Please make it to Austin if you can, our team needs as much fan support as possible!! If for some reason you have to leave later, say 1:30 or 2ish, I wanted to invite my fellow frogs to our film’s premiere at the Isis in the Stockyards in the Lone Star Film Festival. The film is Song of the...
  2. NYC Horned Frog

TCU and UNTHSC School of Medicine now just TCU!

https://www.tcu.edu/news/2022/white-coats-purple-pride-medical-school-is-now-tcu-school-of-medicine.php Granted, I don’t know much about the goings on in our Medical/Pre-Med programs but I like it!
  3. NYC Horned Frog

Baylor penalty/infraction announcement today

At least they didn’t wait until NCAA was a whole new entity altogether. Not like it matters, maybe it will in regards to possible realignment.
  4. NYC Horned Frog

AD’s/Admin from TCU, Baylor, Tech, Texas and Bowlsby testifying in front of Senate

AD’s from TCU, Baylor, and Tech plus presidents from the three and the president of Texas testifying in front of Senate at 1 PM. Plus Bob Bowlsby. I know it's last minute. If you want to tune in... https://www.senate.texas.gov/av-live.php
  5. NYC Horned Frog

Playoff Expansion seems inevitable, my money was not on 12 teams

https://sports.yahoo.com/college-football-playoff-expansion-plan-043900023.html Seems like expansion is happening sooner rather than later. I would have thought 8 would be the only way to go with all the resistance to expand. This was a surprise, Big 12 would have a tough time getting 2 in with...
  6. NYC Horned Frog

Baseball Ticket Question for TCU/UT Series

I’m coming in for this one and am wondering if anyone knows how ticketing is currently working. I haven’t been keeping up with it and decided to push off our season tickets until next year. I have tickets for Saturday but does anyone know when they’ll start selling GA tickets for the Friday...
  7. NYC Horned Frog

Anyone subscribe to The Athletic? (Realignment article)

Would be interested to see what this says. I know it's a long shot with how the Big 12 is very reactive and not proactive, but one can dream of a stable conference. Hell, maybe even a situation where the Big 12 has 12 teams! Also, doesn't it seem more likely that it would be the AZ schools and...
  8. NYC Horned Frog

Trouble at OU?

I don't really keep up with the goings-on at OU but this is an interesting comment. It seems to me that the general consensus is that the Big 12 will stay together if OU and UT stay in the conference when the new contracts are up in a few years. Does anyone know what's going on in Oklahoma and...
  9. NYC Horned Frog

Mizzou getting hit with NCAA sanctions

A 2019-2020 postseason ban, 5% reduction in scholarships, plus some minor slaps. Have to wonder how Shawn Robinson and Kelly Bryant feel about this. Maybe won't hit Shawn as hard since he has more time.
  10. NYC Horned Frog

NERDS!!!!

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/02/02/582762381/jeopardy-contestants-fumble-entire-football-category-to-coach-trebek-s-dismay
  11. NYC Horned Frog

If college football was invited to a house party - reddit

I got a kick out of a few of these. "Obviously the big 12 teams are scoring" "Utah/TCU forced their way into the party so many times that now they are just accepted as part of the group." "NCAA Investigation - Does this make me the RA or the rent a cop on a Segway? I don’t know, but when...
  12. NYC Horned Frog

Aardvark is closing

Well, I think this was the last of the dingy spots I knew from my college days (Pub not included) and it's gone. Yes, it was not a nice bar and didn't have much to offer but I have some very fond, very gross, and very hazy memories of this place freshman year forward. RIP...
  13. NYC Horned Frog

WV TTU Fight before the game

This game might be real fun to watch. A fight already broke out. Did anyone see the WV grad assistant throw the WV player to the ground like a rag doll? That was hilarious. What are we drinking this AM? I'm going with whiskey.
  14. NYC Horned Frog

OU's Boren might be stepping down

I saw Jake Trotter tweet about an important announcement by Boren today and now the rumor old Foot in Mouth is stepping down. If true, that's a lot of quick change at OU. Something is rumbling under the surface. Mixon outrage? Who knows. Hopefully, this is good for the conference and the...
  15. NYC Horned Frog

Austin game watching at Cover 3?

I needed to come to Austin this weekend/week and saw there's a game watching party at a place called Cover 3. Anyone been? It's very close to where I'm staying. I'll probably start the game with some friends and then head that way.