• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. E

Damonic Williams to enter transfer portal

We're going to need to adopt the Florida Marlins championship model. Save all the monies for a decade or more, and spend it all on one year for a shot at the crown every 10-15 years.
  2. E

B1G and SEC begin the process of ditching the NCAA

You don't pile all those massive programs into two conferences and then tell them they have to go 10-2 or better every year to get access to the playoffs. That'll collapse in on itself instantly following the first media renegotiation. There's 100% going to be a 12-team playoff in the future...
  3. E

I guess TCU MBB just can't handle being ranked.....

we're only like 3 wins away from a tournament bid. We're in great shape. that's how I view the rest of the season. We've got a magic number to hit and it's 3. Anything above that is just for seeding.
  4. E

FWST: Why Kendal Briles is optimistic about the future of TCU’s offense

Michigan may have had the same yards per play as us, but they turned that into 3.41 points per drive. We managed 2.59. Defensively, we gave up 2.62. Michigan gave up .91 points per drive. Michigan's Points per drive metrics this year were really similar to those 2009/2010 TCU and Boise squads.
  5. E

FWST: Why Kendal Briles is optimistic about the future of TCU’s offense

We were marginally worse PPD on offense in 2023. We were considerably worse PPD on defense in 2023. That's why Gillespie was fired and Briles was retained. It's been hard to watch us play defense the last 3 years. We've been objectively bad from 21-23 on defense.
  6. E

CHARGERS waiving MAD MAX. Back to practice squad.

and make solid NIL bank. I'm convinced he made the wrong financial decision by going pro.
  7. E

Nick Saban is savage…

Not sure this is wise. Michigan's operation is so sophisticated this guy is likely a double agent. He's gonna give Bama a fake playbook and send all thier info to Michigan.
  8. E

Alabama deserves to be in the playoffs over florida state

by the best team logic, everyone not in the future BIG or SEC is permalocked out. None of us will recruit as well as them. We'd have been replace by Bama last year by the same logic.
  9. E

#BAYLORTEARS

eh - glass houses and such on that one. We're probably not any better when it comes to saddling poor families with generational debt.
  10. E

Not to get ahead of myself, but...

Jerry Hughes was the last time we had someone on the defensive line that other teams had to actively gameplan for.
  11. E

FWST: TCU gained clarity about the future of its football program in loss to Oklahoma

We did run variable tempo under Riley at OC more. It defenitely felt more effective than how Briles employs it with the always fast thing.
  12. E

FWST: TCU gained clarity about the future of its football program in loss to Oklahoma

Quantity stats/rankings aren't all that relevant to me. Let's talk about quality stats. I like points per drive - it balances out some of the pacing stuff. From 2022 to 2023: Offensively, we went from 19th(2.88) in points per drive to *39th(2.58). Defensively, we went from 60th(2.17) to...
  13. E

aranda canned ...

There are no bad teams, only bad leaders. Comments such as Savion's reflect poor leadership.
  14. E

If I Was Donati......

Prime.
  15. E

Fire Joe Gillespie

injuries have been pretty light again this year. The team's durability and conditioning doesnt seem like an issue. Kaz is doing his job.
  16. E

It’s one thing to look bad, it’s another to be just embarrassing…

Quitting is on leadership. The team isnt being given targets they understand or have faith they can execute. Newton said it postgame. Kstate didnt surprise us. When we got mauled the first couple drives, the team lost faith in the plan.
  17. E

It’s one thing to look bad, it’s another to be just embarrassing…

Coach spends too much time complaining about things outside his control (refereeing). Team spends too much time being chippy (Ego problem) and not enough building up teammates. This is a poorly led team, and it manifests in multiple ways.
  18. E

Brian Estridge post game

That winspedia chart reminds me of good times. The TCU defense from 08-10 was beautiful. Best statistical defense in the country 3 years in a row. We jingled the keys and held up 3 fingers with the understanding that the fanbase was going to be rewarded with a negative yardage play or a...
  19. E

Hoover should start the rest of the year

Morris threw two redzone interceptions against colorado. Such things do tend to help the opposing team score more, and your own teams score less.
  20. E

Deseret News: Looking back at memorable TCU-BYU games, including Cougars’ epic John Beck-led win in 2006

I wish we'd had just one DE of Hughes caliber then entire time we've been in the Big 12. The 2014 defense at the end of the season was the only time I can remember holding up the 3 fingers for 3rd down and it seeming to mean something the way it meant from about 05-10.