• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. Horned Frog Country

RE: UTube says TT and WV to the SEC.

The main reason the SEC would add Tech is to have another conference doormat. The chances of them ever coming close to winning an SEC championship in football would be slim to none. I will say that they do deliver a large part of West Texas which believe it or not has a bigger population than...
  2. Horned Frog Country

Clemson Files Suit Against the ACC

The key to the situation to me is the conference expansion. The members that voted no to Stanford, Cal, and SMU to me have a case to break the GOR and leave. They did not sign up for nor did they agree to add school that they felt hurt the conference as well as their future schedule. I’m sure...
  3. Horned Frog Country

Trent Dilfer: CFB "super league" within 18-24 months?

The only way the Big 12 and ACC should accept uneven revenue from the CFP should based on three conditions as much as possible. They should go public with the demands to get as much as possible. This is a bit idealistic but I sure would love to see congress get involved and clean up this mess...
  4. Horned Frog Country

I doubt Aggie wants any part of playing TCU ever again. They have played TCU only once in a bowl game in almost 30 years. The team they beat was not very good in 2001. Given what has happened in the Big 12, I bet Texas wants no part of playing TCU considering how they got dominated since...
  5. Horned Frog Country

Sometimes in life if it is better to be lucky than good. In this instance, I’m glad Aggie decided to trade success for SEC money. Otherwise, TCU does not get the Big 12 invite. TCU was very lucky Aggie jumped ship then rather 5 or 10 years earlier. With that being said, TCU has more shown than...
  6. Horned Frog Country

Texas certainly was not deserving of the SEC when it came to performance on the field. Rutgers and Maryland did earn their membership to the Big 10 based on be good football programs at all. Unfortunately, it is all about markets and eyeballs.
  7. Horned Frog Country

Tech, OSU, and KSU all have more fans than TCU. I think those all of those schools definitely have higher floors in viewership than TCU when they and TCU are mediocre / bad. With that being said, I doubt OSU and KSU would have near the amount of eyeballs as TCU when they are all good. However...
  8. Horned Frog Country

The Big 10 certainly did not worry about that when they added Nebraska. They care most about what the networks want more than anything. Back when the SWC fell apart, the SEC did not add Arkansas because of recruiting the area. The Big 8 chose NOT to add anyone from DFW or Houston despite being...
  9. Horned Frog Country

a Tech certainly has more DFW alumni than TCU. They might have more DFW alumni than all of West Texas. In fact, they probably have more alumni in DFW than any P5 or soon to be P4 school.
  10. Horned Frog Country

NO MORE WBAP 820 AM FOR TCU FOOTBALL. MOVING to KZPS 92.5 FM in 2024.

I don’t think this is good for TCU at all. It certainly takes away from marketing of TCU. The range for the new station will not be as good either. It will be interesting to see if WBAP gets another sports broadcast to replace TCU. It will be interesting to see if Brian Estridge will still work...
  11. Horned Frog Country

RB Coach Anthony Jones to be hired by USC

Great climate and beautiful area. For some people like my father, they stay there because of prop 13. He bought his home in Ventura County in the late 80’s. They later froze his property value in the early 90’s. The modest maybe 2000 SQ foot home is now probably worth over a million but he pays...
  12. Horned Frog Country

RB Coach Anthony Jones to be hired by USC

I hope he finds it worth paying at least a 12% state income tax rate with a limited deduction on his federal income tax bill. If we have another national protest situation like George Floyd, I would much rather be in Fort Worth than LA.
  13. Horned Frog Country

coach dixon reminds me of bruce weber ...

The coach I remember getting the most worked up and sweating during a game and taking his coat and tie off was Tony Berone at Texas A&M.
  14. Horned Frog Country

Universal Studios to open theme park in Frisco

I’ve always felt like they should have put in a ramp that routes you directly to I-30 to 121. That would eliminate a lot of congestion on I-35. The redo of I-35 is terrible unless you are the toll road company. Everything in the design of it is designed to maximize revenue for them and not to...
  15. Horned Frog Country

ACC officially votes to add Cal, Stanford, SMU

The original members of the MWC abandoned half of the 16 team WAC and formed a new conference. I would not be surprised if some members of the ACC did that just to keep Florida State and Clemson with the top 6 left. SMU will not be invited to be a part of a breakaway group.
  16. Horned Frog Country

TCU KU Basketball - CBS

There was another call that was real bad at the end the game besides the flagrant fowl. The play at the end of the game where KU got the possession when the refs whistled early and said there was a tied ball. The early whistle kept the team from getting a basket on a fast break. Based on what I...
  17. Horned Frog Country

Championship Weekend & CFP Predictions

FSU being left out is real bad for the future the Big 12. The committee could just as easily screw an undefeated Big 12 school. The decision to screw FSU just shows that the committee will be all about the SEC / Big 10 in the future. I think the committee’s decision to screw FSU will speed up...
  18. Horned Frog Country

Are We Back in the WAC? Putrid 2024 Home Schedule...

2025 is the one that is the one with the real screwed up schedule. Texas Tech is not on the schedule at all in 2025. There is no reason why Baylor and Tech can’t be on the schedule every year. I really wish the Big 12 had a quadrants format where they rotated quadrants.
  19. Horned Frog Country

Sources: Gary Patterson a strong candidate at Houston

A G5 job would be a great fit for him. I think he could thrive at a place like University of North Texas.
  20. Horned Frog Country

Is Briles head on a pike a bad look?

Given the talent drop off from last year, the offense is NOT the problem. Honestly, the offense is darn good considering injuries they have had as well how many players made it to the NFL last year. Statistically speaking, the offense is ranked 23 in total yard and 42 in total points. I...