Search results

1. D

TCU favored by 21 over CU

21 points? We don’t cover that we are going to suck against real teams
  2. D

Football Scoop: Sources: TCU working on an extension for Sonny Dykes

We need to worry about losing assistants, namely Riley
  3. D

FWST: Before BYU joins Big 12, league must give school a reality check on its racism problem

I think we need to stop using this accusation so flippantly. There is ZERO proof this even happened beyond the one player. Even less that this was allowed, encouraged or condoned by the university even if it did happen sounds like just the opposite, the university did place security to try and...
  4. D

The Greatness of Linda Kaye

I first met Linda Kaye on the sidelines of a EHHS football game in 1977. I had a 35m and a dark room and loved to take pics, it was just fun for me, for her, it was a career. I learned how to set up based on where the game was flowing to get the best shots from her. She was always nice but...
  5. D

FWST: TCU’s Patterson miffed that Zach Evans doesn’t have more buzz. Saturday changed that

I agree about covid, people are still scared. Beyond Name one that fills up their stadium with less than 10k undergrads
  6. D

FWST: TCU’s Patterson miffed that Zach Evans doesn’t have more buzz. Saturday changed that

Long season, want all of those guys to be healthy for it. Not terribly worried that Evans isnt going to get adequate touches. We know exactly what we have here.
  7. D

It was in the mid 90s yesterday, maybe you missed that part ?
  8. D

TexAgs pays 2 A&M players $10k each for a 30 minute interview

Gee, we have the transfer portal and paying players for their “likeness”, what the hell could go wrong with that scenario?
  9. D

FWST: 45 years after the Davis mansion murders, grisly Fort Worth landmark to be leveled

When I was in school in the seventies, there was a persistent rumour that Priscilla was a frequent late night visitor to Milton Daniel. It was a little before my time, probably just a legend. Cullen used to come into our restaurant, The River House a lot. Guy gave you the creeps
  10. D

FGCU Athletics: Kevin Samuel signs with Florida Gulf Coast

You are right, the sky is always falling when these guys leave, a couple years later they are spotted playing pick up games at the YMCA
  11. D

Norman Transcript: Sooner miscues make it easier on Frogs

Clay seems to be angling for that coveted political propaganda chyron writing job on cable news.
  12. D

Steve Prohm out at Iowa State

Truth. Plus, you always lose players, recruits and essentially start over for 2-3 years. Jamie is the right coach for TCU.
  13. D

The case for keeping Jamie..

Jamie gets one more piece of the puzzle and doesn’t lose anyone key and this is an automatic tournament team, he gets 2 then this team could easily be sweet 16. There will always be fans that peruse is the second tier teams that are having a good year or a name guy that has struggled for a...
  14. D

Jamie Dixon

I don’t know if Farabello is the missing piece, but, This team isnt far off.
  15. D

Stringing dates of the slide

So, you are saying that CDC is the missing link at UT? If you say this every single year, sooner or later, you might be right....but, the problems at UT run deeper than one guy.
  16. D

OT: Hell's Half Acre

My Dad grew up there and you are correct
  17. D

The Transfer Portal claims another one...

I saw an article listing all the players in the portal posted on here. Was initially surprised, not so much now. It isn’t surprising that highly rated HS players underperform and believe it’s just an unfair situation. It isnt. This is a hard lesson about the dangers of ego
  18. D

The Transfer Portal claims another one...

I had never looked at that. amazing, but, underscores the reality that most of these guys underperformed at the college level despite having accolades in high school. Hard lesson to cut ties and look for a new home and find your market value is pretty much zero