• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. Planks

on3: Johnny Manziel details his interest in TCU as a high school recruit

I would have taken him. After redshirting, Manziel only played 2 season of college football, 2012 and 2013. TCU was 7-6 and 4-8 respectively in those seasons.
  2. Planks

And here we go.....12 just probably isn't enough.

Easy: 1) Team with the best conference record is conference champion 2) If multiple teams are tied for best record, then head to head record amongst tied teams is the tie breaker 3) If tie cannot be broken by head to head record, then tied teams are co-champions.
  3. Planks

And here we go.....12 just probably isn't enough.

Going to 14 is also about taking away the Bye from the Big 12/ACC. With a 12 team playoff, there are four schools that get a Bye. 99% of the time that would mean the champion of the B1G, SEC, Big 12, and ACC would each get a bye. With a 14 team playoff, there are only two schools that get a...
  4. Planks

B1G and SEC begin the process of ditching the NCAA

Something to remember is that an eyeball is an eyeball, whether it belongs to a hardcore college football fan or to a casual fan. Right now the conferences and networks seem to be betting that the loss of interest from hardcore college football fans will be outweighed by increased interest from...
  5. Planks

2023 NFL thread

Win another Super Bowl? The cowboys won’t win another DIVISIONAL round playoff game. This was their 13th straight time making the playoffs without winning a divisional round game It’s a NFL record, their own, which they broke again.
  6. Planks

What if we won the natty?

I think the game would have been much closer, but I think the problem would have been the same. It took everything we had to beat Michigan and there just wasn’t anything left in the tank for the NC game. The 2014 team? Yeah they could have pulled it off but not the 2022 team.
  7. Planks

Insufferable Michigan fans

One big difference is that there was almost a month leading up to the Michigan game, while only 9 days leading up to the Georgia game. Give Georgia fans a full month to talk, rather than just a week, and I imagine Georgia fans wouldn’t look as good.
  8. Planks

Insufferable Michigan fans

Why do our fans always do this? This is the EXACT same thing that happened on this board after we beat Wisconsin. After losing to us in 2010, Wisconsin would go to the Rose Bowl again in the 2011 and 2012 seasons. And most on this board were rooting for Wisconsin to lose. I was one of the only...
  9. Planks

2023 BOWL GAMES THREAD

Some of you celebrated too early
  10. Planks

CHARGERS waiving MAD MAX. Back to practice squad.

Returning to TCU would have been the wrong decision. We had a new OC, and had to replace a most of offensive pieces (Avila, Ali, Johnston, Davis, Miller, etc). Max probably has a much worse year in 2023 than he had in 2022. In all honesty the best decision for Max probably would have been to...
  11. Planks

DC Joe Gillespie let go

I am beginning to think Florida Frog is just a bot that has been programmed to post negative things on every thread. The bot’s programming is a little off at the moment as the Avalos hire just was announced, so there hasn’t been time yet for a system update with negative things to say about...
  12. Planks

DC Joe Gillespie let go

Let’s all be honest, no matter what decision TCU made or didn’t make, you were going to have a negative reaction to it. TCU could have hired Nick Saban as the DC and you would be unhappy.
  13. Planks

247 Sports: TCU parting ways with defensive coordinator Joe Gillespie

I think in today’s college football world with the portal and the early signing period you have to be more careful. If you blow too many things up too quickly you risk losing players and recruits. Plus, just because the plan for now is to keep the position coaches doesn’t mean the plan can’t...
  14. Planks

How can we improve the Offensive Line?

To clarify, when I’m talking about quality recruiting well I’m talking about guys that panned out vs didn’t pan out, not recruiting ranking. Our problem in O line recruiting seemed to be two fold. The guys we did sign seem to have not planned out, regardless of ranking. But also it seems we...
  15. Planks

How can we improve the Offensive Line?

Build a Time Machine and go back in time and make Patterson and his staff do a better job of recruiting offensive lineman, both from a quality and quantity perspective. The previous coaching staff did an absolutely horrendous job of recruiting the position in the 2020 and 2021 recruiting...
  16. Planks

Awful Announcing: Stephen A. Smith on Florida State's CFP snub: 'Blame no further than TCU'

Well he does have a point. Can you imagine if rather than Bama, FSU made the playoffs as the #4 seed? And had to play Michigan??
  17. Planks

Alabama deserves to be in the playoffs over florida state

I think both Texas and Alabama make it over FSU. 1. Michigan 2. Washington 3. Texas 4. Alabama
  18. Planks

Championship Weekend & CFP Predictions

0% Georgia makes it and Bama doesn’t make it. I’d bet anything on that. I think you could make an argument that both should make it as both are probably among the four “best” teams. And I think you can make an argument that neither should make it. But Bama will be ahead of Georgia, regardless...
  19. Planks

Championship Weekend & CFP Predictions

Michigan Washington Alabama Texas to the CFP SMU to a NY6 bowl
  20. Planks

FWST: TCU notebook: Multiple Horned Frogs transfer out while local star commits

The problem with this approach is it’s extremely difficult to find starting quality lineman in the portal. If you aren’t willing to pay for lineman out of HS, you are doomed to always have bad lines.