• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. JogginFrog

Masters Fantasy Foursome 2024

It's a pick-em game, but calling it Masters Fantasy Foursome ensures some views and humorous comments, so give us your best shot in the thread, then go to https://www.masters.com/en_US/fantasy/join.html?leagueId=18569&leagueJoinToken=1ce7d51bb9 to join the KF.c group and plunk down an entry...
  2. JogginFrog

ESPN KF.c NCAA bracket challenge

Someone asked in the Selection Sunday thread about setting up a KF.c group in ESPN. So here's the info for those who want to play...
  3. JogginFrog

Rifle NCAAs

With 3 of 5 shooters having competed, Frogs have the lead in today's smallbore preliminaries. Finals are this p.m. at 1:40 Central. Scoring: http://ncaarifle.org/Home/Scorecard?MatchId=1762 Air rifle and overall aggregate will be decided tomorrow. Update: Frogs were overtaken by WVU late--went...
  4. JogginFrog

MBB Free throw shooting

Noticed chatter in the Baylor game thread about the importance of free-throw shooting in the postseason, and TCU's inconsistency at the line. We've grown accustomed to complaining about the Frogs' terrible FT shooting. TCU has been bad in the Dixon era, with only one JD-coached team scratching...
  5. JogginFrog

Norrie into Round of 16 at Aussie Open

19th-seeded Cam Norrie faces 6 seed Zverev in late-night (U.S.) action. Tennis guys still around? Any thoughts on the match or his play thus far?
  6. JogginFrog

Insufferable Michigan fans

Just read a piece on The Athletic where coaches who had faced Michigan and Washington talked about those teams and the natty matchup. Then I made the mistake of reading the comments. UM fans are next-level arrogant. They are fully convinced that no one will ever stop their O or score on their D...
  7. JogginFrog

Hayden Springer earns Tour card

Hayden Springer finished T4 in a 172-player field to earn one of five Tour cards at Q School. The triumph comes just a month after his 3-year-old daughter Sage passed away from complications of Trisomy 18. Congrats to Hayden and his family. Great to see him break through to the Tour after some...
  8. JogginFrog

TCU Golf 2023-2024

Let's start with the good news: Gustav Frimodt is back at TCU for his bonus Covid year. And he's had a great summer, with top-5 finishes in two big amateur events (Western Am, North & South Am). As a result, he moved up from 66th to 35th in the World Amateur Golf Ranking. Getting into the top 50...
  9. JogginFrog

Open Championship golf pick'em game

I have set up a KillerFrogs.com league for The Open Championship on Superbru! Join here: https://www.superbru.com/theopen/pool.php?p=12599543 or by downloading the Superbru app and searching for the pool with code: passquid Get those picks in by Wednesday midnight--they...
  10. JogginFrog

Short search terms

To the admins: Any chance that you could adjust the search function rules on KF.c to allow 3-letter words? A frustrating aspect of this site is getting told that an obvious acronym is too short to be searched on. CFP, CWS, NFL, PGA and so many more identifiable 3-letter terms are unsearchable...
  11. JogginFrog

US Open golf pick-em game

In a little late getting this set up, but there's plenty of time to pick it a foursome. Join the KillerFrogs.com league on @Superbru! You can find the pool here: https://www.superbru.com/usopen/pool.php?p=12583408 I haven't bothered to look up the rules, seeing as how I've been on vacation...
  12. JogginFrog

PGA Championship fantasy pick-em

It's another major championship week, friends. Glory's next shot. Clean slate for all those who like to play pick-em games. I've created a KF.c group on PGAChampionship.com. Your foursome will include a past champ, player under age 30, player over age 30, and maybe a club pro? Sign up and read...
  13. JogginFrog

Masters Fantasy Foursome

Azaleas are blooming and Amen Corner awaits. Join the KillerFrogs.com pick'em game through Masters.com. Each round, pick a past champ, a U.S. player, an international, and a wild card. Good luck! https://www.masters.com/en_US/fantasy/join.html?leagueId=13678&leagueJoinToken=21f7468e8e
  14. JogginFrog

Postseason Hoops thread & NCAA Tourney Challenge

Mid-major conference tournaments are underway and teams getting sized for slippers. Until today, I had never heard of Detroit Mercy's Antoine Davis, but he's apparently about to break the D1 college scoring record of a player who @tcudoc has in his top-10 players of all time. (He'da had a bunch...
  15. JogginFrog

Max takes down Georgia!

TCU men's golf was paired with UGa today at the Southern Highlands Collegiate in Las Vegas. TCU freshman Max Giboudot shot a 68 to beat his Bulldog counterpart by 4 shots. That accounted for the full difference in the Frogs' first-round margin over the Dawgs, and puts Max in the top 10...
  16. JogginFrog

MBB halfway through conference schedule

TCU is 6-3 at the halfway point in the Big 12 slate. The only team the Frogs have played twice is WV; the only one they has yet to play is OSU. In the back half they have an extra road game, but they only get 2 of the 5 other ranked teams on the road. Expected Ls: @ISU, @KSU Toss-ups: @OSU...
  17. JogginFrog

Besides being great at hoops, the Big 12 and TCU...

...are leaders in basketball analytics. ShotTracker is among several analytics firms now serving colleges with an appetite for data, and the Big 12 (and Mountain West) were among the first adopters of its technology, which involves a series of cameras in arena rafters and chips in balls and in...
  18. JogginFrog

Congrats to @hfhmilkman, @WestSideBlue, @VictorsValiant & other Michigan fans

On retaining Harbaugh. Well done. Outlook bright for the Blue. Will be tough sledding again for the Bucks next year in Ann Arbor. https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35461632/michigan-coach-jim-harbaugh-says-return-2023
  19. JogginFrog

Remembering another championship game blowout

I was excited to watch the 1990 NCAA hoops final. A stacked UNLV team faced off against a small, private school that had put together some great seasons but hadn't gotten over the hump to win a title. Maybe this would be Duke's year. Nope. Disaster. The Blue Devils lost 103-73--the biggest...
  20. JogginFrog

Stephen A. Smith's "bold prediction"

When I saw the ESPN headline, I rolled my eyes. Lemme guess: he'll boldly predict UGA by more than 3 TDs. But lo and behold, there's SAS, wearing purple, saying "Boy, was I wrong" about the Michigan game, and picking the Frogs to pull the upset. Perhaps he drew the short straw in the...