• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

FWST: TCU basketball is still better off than Pitt, but Jamie Dixon must find this piece

That equates to about a 7.5-10 average record over that period which is actually is "decent" in the deep big 12. While we'd hope for more, it's certainly not "bad". We know what bad looks like, lol.
  2. KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

FWST: Why the stakes are so high for TCU’s rematch at Texas Tech

Definitely true, but this one does have some added significance in terms of tourney seeding. Since this is the first (and only) year with 14 teams, it’s worth emphasizing the point that the 4 seed gets two byes and a spot in the quarterfinals. Having the tie breaker over Tech would greatly...
  3. KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

TCU men's basketball has come a long way

We even added on another "l" to "basketball" since then!
  4. KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

FWST: Jameer Nelson Jr. hits game-winning shot to lift TCU past Kansas State

Maybe better said that in relative terms the next four are tougher than our final two game stretch: Depending on the site, our win % for the final six games are Bart torvak: Tech- 31% Cincy- 67% Baylor- 53% BYU- 24% WVU- 72% UCF- 75% Massey: Tech- 37% Cincy- 66% Baylor- 48% BYU- 39% WVU- 60%...
  5. KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

WOG Basketball Tryouts

Ha! Yeah I had a similar experience with mine. But I get that a lot with a lot of classic 70s and 80s movies I try to get them to watch. These Gen Y kids have some taste issues.
  6. KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

WOG Basketball Tryouts

Maybe third best, then! I'm a huge fan of Breaking Away. One of my personal "top 5" favorites.
  7. KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

WOG Basketball Tryouts

Second greatest Sports movie based in Indiana.
  8. KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

ESPN: Quentin Johnston says 'I'm due for a breakout' under Jim Harbaugh

He struggled to get separation in the games I watched.
  9. KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

TCU vs Texas Tech MBB Game

Plus his FT shooting and calm demeanor are gold down the stretch, especially with the lead.
  10. KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

2024 Football Schedule

I meant no other teams we play are coming off a bye. IOW no teams have two weeks to prepare for us in conference. I did look up SMU and they do have a bye before us.
  11. KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

2024 Football Schedule

First glance I don't think we play anyone coming off a bye?
  12. KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

MBB Free throw shooting

Interesting. Not addressed but also wonder if the bank shot results in an increased chance of an offensive rebound if missed, since perhaps longer and more random bounces?
  13. KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

GoFrogs: TCU at OSU MBB Preview

Coles in at the 5 at the end of a game makes a lot of sense. Gives another offensive option and the games slows down for him. Also good FT shooter.
  14. KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

TCU 360: University employee steals a quarter million dollars worth of pre-Columbian pottery

So the theft happened ~25 years ago and they are just now finding out?
  15. KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

GoFrogs: No. 19 TCU at Cincinnati Preview

Seen it so many times- start out hot and you want to sit back and watch your shots instead of moving and hustling.
  16. KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

Heartland College Sports: Jamie Dixon Continues to Revamp Winning Culture at TCU

Going 2-1 in those first three was huge- gotta bank the wins while you can. Every game is tough in the Big 12. Should be favored in four or five of the next six games, but the reality is that all are basically toss ups.
  17. KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

GoFrogs: TCU to Retire Williams’ Jersey

Yeah any other school it probably doesn't happen, but cool to see anyway. He has some good stats- #4 all time rebounds at TCU and #1 career +/- (although fairly sure that is only last 15-20 years). But beyond that really a fairly remarkable basketball career-smashing expectations at every level...