1. 82 Frog Fever

Spring football

Damonic?
  2. 82 Frog Fever

Spring football

That’s intriguing and very possible.
  3. 82 Frog Fever

2023-2023 CFB Transfer Portal

Not tired of hearing it, as it needs to be said. It‘s unbelievable, but amateur sports (esp. football) no longer exists beyond H.S.. California bureaucrats killed it. The Ed O’Bannon California anti-trust lawsuit in the late 2000s was the beginning when the judge awarded $46m in answering the...
  4. 82 Frog Fever

Crazy day for Bama. I believe 11 of their players signed up for the portal today. 9 of them graded as 4 stars.
  5. 82 Frog Fever

Yup, they make a lot of excuses like TCU fans rationalizing 3 losses by 3 points. UH had 3 losses by 2 pts or less, & 2 were OT
  6. 82 Frog Fever

Can’t imagine what your inane point must be with that stat. Are you trying to say Willie Fritz is not good because his offense had an off year? It was top 20 in ‘22, and he’s the same guy that took Tulane to a 23-5 record last 2 years with a Cotton Bowl win over USC. Fritz is in the top 5 of...
  7. 82 Frog Fever

UH has a great coach that runs a very fast dynamic offense. He’s also very familiar with Tx. & La. recruiting with plans to recruit it hard, especially Houston. Now Fritz has his big, young, experienced QB with 4.4 speed. UH is definitely getting better.
  8. 82 Frog Fever

Because I want somebody that might be better than Hoover. He is very average. Hoover has a very mediocre QB rating of 134, and so far, forces balls into coverage. He is incredibly slow with a 5.0+ sec. 40, which is very restrictive to our rushing spread offense. Resultantly, I’d like to see him...
  9. 82 Frog Fever

I believe you just described the world as seen thru Seals’ eyes. TCU is going after Seals because they‘re putting all their eggs in Josh Hover’s basket for the ‘24 season. Maybe Seals and Hejny will be given a chance to show their skills and push Hoover a little, but the main plan is for this to...
  10. 82 Frog Fever

on3: TCU defensive back, 2023 recruit enters NCAA transfer portal

Good point. Looks like we’re definitely losing experience and depth. Losing 5 from the current two deep and gaining only 2, plus 3 freshmen. The gains are Soph Corner, Donavan Saunders, and a graduate Safety, Jaise Oliver, from the portal and they should start.
  11. 82 Frog Fever

I mostly agree. It’s college! Kinda sucks that a few athletes seem to always get the lion’s share. College teams should more fairly share the spoils. 10 years ago when many people were saying, “we should pay these players”, I doubt this is what they had in mind.
  12. 82 Frog Fever

Hauss Hejny wearing his first TCU jersey

Nice! Ladainian Tomlinson jersey.
  13. 82 Frog Fever

These big money schools can now buy their way out of their mistakes, so they can take risks that smaller schools can’t. Smaller schools like TCU cant just go buy players, so their talent planning has to be nearly perfect to compete at a really high level against these state schools.
  14. 82 Frog Fever

Intriguing! I read where he has visits to S.C. & UCF already set. Well SC is where Malachi was favored to go & UCF is Jefferson. It also said he was thinking about a visit to TCU. Considering the competition he’s facing at those locations, maybe we could be his best path forward. ‘
  15. 82 Frog Fever

Makes good sense. Jefferson in a Malzahn offense could be just what they need. UCF has had 2 pretty good recruiting classes in a row. This year UCF’s per player recruiting grades were better than TCU’s.
  16. 82 Frog Fever

Nope, not wrong! Every decision is a roll of the dice. It’s possible Jefferson could get us a big reward with a couple more wins and even a CCG berth. It’s also possible he could fall short, and we‘d be left with only Hejny at QB in 2025. Maybe a Ouija board would help.
  17. 82 Frog Fever

I say bring him on!! Seals had a 130 passer rating this year, which is a little under the ranking’s median. Hoover was a little better. Slightly over the 133.5 median, but he could easily improve by not forcing some of his throws. When you take into account that 50% of Seals’ passes were thrown...
  18. 82 Frog Fever

Totally agree, but the reason we’re in this situation is all 5 of the QBs in our 2020 & 2021 classes failed to pan out. (I guess Battle could be an exception)
  19. 82 Frog Fever

Hoover may be a better fit for a number of reasons. He may be a better fit when considering eligibility remaining. 3 years Hoover Vs. 1 year Jefferson He may be a better fit because a Jefferson choice would likely leave TCU with only 1 young QB for the 2025 season. Versus a Hoover choice leaving...