• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. jake102

TCU Men's Tennis 2021-2022

I've said it many times before, but tall right handed players whose best groundstroke is their backhand is not great for Norrie. He needs his lefty topspin forehand to do damage by getting up high on backhands. Fritz is just a tough ask, especially on that court.
  2. jake102

So Norrie came in to this event 140 points behind Sinner. By my read, Sinner only receives 10 points since he got a 1st round bye but lost his first match. Norrie has earned 90 points so far, so net gain of 80 points, now down by 60 to Sinner. If Norrie wins his next match, he will get another...
  3. jake102

Definitely might have one more spot open. Would be great if Alcaraz can close out Sinner
  4. jake102

Interesting perspective. Might very well be right. I do think Norrie is going to have a huge clay court season, but maybe the slow courts will just result in breaks of serve every game
  5. jake102

Norrie gets through some tricky at the end to win! Unfortunately Hurkacz also won... So no progress. Need Sinner to lose today. Also - Fritz upset Rublev, so we get yet another Norrie Fritz match. Norrie won their last match easily, but typically the matches have been very close. This surface...
  6. jake102

Norrie breaks again at love(!).
  7. jake102

Sigh Norrie gets broken in 2nd set. 1st serve % is garbage But he immediately and quickly breaks back. Bizarre
  8. jake102

While I felt our Tennis thread was gaining in relative popularity as the result of the football decline/lack of interest, there is now serious competition! So this morning FAA got beat by Koepfer. Hurkacz was about to lose the 2nd set but somehow clawed back and he's battling with Paul in the...
  9. jake102

Chris Petersen Should be TCU’s Top Choice for HC

Yeah it doesn't really matter here. The only place where it seems to maybe make a difference is differentiating similar coaches (Traylor and his new extension/buyout)
  10. jake102

Alcaraz ended up winning and will face Sinner next. Good news for Norrie.
  11. jake102

FWST: A day after being let go, Gary Patterson shows up to work for TCU football

I'm just not sure I believe all that. Believe GP's first public anything was a response to Evans tweet, can't imagine GP doing that for a bad locker room guy. That being said - I view this as a total restart for TCU from coaching to players to game day, etc. I'm not losing sleep over anyone at...
  12. jake102

FWST: A day after being let go, Gary Patterson shows up to work for TCU football

Didn't Gil defraud a bunch of people? Or was that someone else?
  13. jake102

And they are the only position group that has nothing to do with our record. In fact, without them, we easily lose to Cal and have much more trouble with Tech. I just don't understand why Evans gets any grief when you can point out 10 starters who shouldn't play for G5 teams. Is he perfect...
  14. jake102

Completely disagree. Having Evans and Miller is necessary, huge drop-off after those two guys.
  15. jake102

Yeah Gray's decision is the one that confuses me. He was killing it and then just stops. Odd. Although Rybakov had been improving also. Who knows.
  16. jake102

Very curious decision by Rybakov and Gray to stop playing tournaments... I wonder what's up.
  17. jake102

Hurkacz got a first round bye and will face Paul in the 2nd round. Tricky match. If he gets past Paul, he'll get FAA or Koepfer. Little bit of a win/win lose/lose there. Although FAA is pretty far behind Norrie, so definitely rooting for FAA. Sinner also got a bye and will face the winner of...
  18. jake102

I could see there being random things that only GP knows and/or can access. Just needed a couple hours to transition. Still a touch odd.
  19. jake102

2021 MLB Thread

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32496167/world-series-2021-well-atlanta-braves-move-chop Front and center on ESPN ATLANTA -- Each of the next three days, a baseball stadium will dim its lights, thousands of people will illuminate the flashlights on their phones and they will engage in a...
  20. jake102

Desmond Bane highlights from last night versus Warriors

Yeah he's killing. Just saw a sophomore rankings and he was either #3 or #4. Reminder that he was picked #30 overall, one of those guys where the scouts clearly missed it when most of us saw it. Got scared off by his negative differential and underrated his shooting ability.