• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. D

Remembering some GP teams - 2003 version

That Southern Miss game was my 1st experience watching TCU football. I was a senior in high school and had just applied to TCU because I had a friend that had already been accepted and received some scholarship money. Had no connection to the school before, and like most of my friends at the...
  2. D

NFL Frogs 2021…..

Started a total of 5 games over 13 NFL seasons, and has made +$38MM doing it. A true American success story. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-chargers/chase-daniel-7081/stats-valuation/
  3. D

NFL Frogs 2021…..

Tyrod's been waging a decade long battle to be the starting QB on the worst team in the NFL. Think he's obviously had some back luck being in some of those situations, but props to him for getting paid while doing it.
  4. D

NFL Frogs 2021…..

Yeah if you went back and looked at QB's coming out most years are probably about the same distribution. 1-2 guys that end up being Pro-bowlers, couple that have decent careers as starters/backups, and about 50% are busts. Dalton was picked 5th out of all those guys, and is one of 3 that's still...
  5. D

NFL Frogs 2021…..

Yeah I mean just looking at his QB contemporaries from the 2011 draft, you could argue he was the best pick in terms of longevity and consistency. Being a starter for 9 years is not an easy feat, and he can have another 5 years of being a capable backup if he wants too and probably makes more...
  6. D

Disappointed in the Band

Speaking of UTA, they still have a marching band but no football team. Seems like a win/win to combine the 2 bands. Gives the UTA band kids a performance venue, get to be on TV, go to big time college football ect. And TCU would double the size of their band at home games overnight. Also the...
  7. D

Donati hard at work this weekend...

we have the same friend lol.
  8. D

15 team Super Conference

This would suck for obvious reasons. However I assume TCU would be lumped in with a "Best of the Rest" league with the other 40 or so P5 programs that get left out. Probably wouldn't get the money we do now, but would still get 80% of our current schedule minus UT and OU. Also would probably be...
  9. D

FSSW - Mavericks/Rangers

Yeah I'm the same way. When I was growing up I probably went to 5-10 Rangers games a year, and probably watched at least parts of another 50 games on TV with my dad. Used to know all the players, stats, even upcoming prospects. I'm 35 now, and wouldn't dream of paying $5-10 a month to watch...
  10. D

FSSW - Mavericks/Rangers

Exactly they are shooting themselves in the foot. There's a big difference between passively putting on a Rangers game on a Tuesday night in July when nothing else is on TV, and actively having to subscribe and pay $5-10/month to watch them. Going to kill any casual fans that may tune in for...
  11. D

ESPN article about SWC's demise

Big 12 champ will have to go 12-1 or 13-0 to make the playoff, never said that would change. Adding patsies helps the upper and mid tier teams boost their resume's. If TCU had a win over Colorado state instead of a 21-14 loss vs Kstate, we'd be on the verge of being ranked right now at 5-3. And...
  12. D

I like the 10 team round robin as well, but it sets up the conference for failure using the playoff committee's "metrics". Granted those metrics change depending on the story they are trying to spin each year, however ranked teams + bowl eligible teams in the conference are pretty consistently...
  13. D

Think about it another way, Big 10 bringing in Rutgers + Maryland basically guarantees their conference opponents +1 win every season. Doesn't necessarily matter to Ohio states and Oklahoma's of the world who are in the hunt to go undefeated every year anyway. But does skew the 2nd tier teams...
  14. D

#BAYLORTEARS

Slightly different experience, but I grew up in suburban Dallas and remember the same sort of thing. A lot of my friends all applied to the same general cohort of schools (UT, A&M, TCU, SMU, UTD, and Texas Tech or University of North Texas as a backup) and went to whichever one was the best choice based on...
  15. D

Former Players - Your Thoughts

My bad, might have been thinking of Rusty Burns. Can't keep track.
  16. D

Former Players - Your Thoughts

Wasn't he demoted to an offensive analyst when we originally brought on M&C in 2014? Honestly might have been the best fit for him, if he's a great X & Os guy stick him in the film room and never let him out.
  17. D

KERA: TCU Faculty Call For A Return To Online Instruction Following A Surge In Student Cases

I started following this Chip Stewart guy on twitter after the TCU faculty 401k matching contribution reduction "crisis" this summer, and i've never seen someone bash their own employer so much online. It was funny at first when they were complaining about a 3% reduction (down to 8%...), but its...
  18. D

It's official: Big 10 to postpone, attempt to restart in spring

My firstborn came in August last year and had a hell of time learning to sleep the first couple months, and I became a big Pac 12 after dark fan. My wife was always puzzled why i'd volunteer for the 1st middle of the night feeding only on Saturday nights, until she caught me wide awake at 1am in...
  19. D

TCU to allow 25% crowd capacity

As opposed to a normal season, when you air high five people only 2 rows back.