• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. R

This usually starts my favorite week of the whole year

I LOVE the new traditional Week 0 FCS game that rings in college football. It starts my favorite week of the year with 8-10 games on Thursday and Friday night, a full slate of games on Saturday and then the random ACC Monday night Labor Day game. Yes Im the odd one that watches Army-Rice on...
  2. R

TCU Alumni Podcast with Matt Carpenter.

They did one with JJ Henry a couple months ago also.
  3. R

OKST LB tests positive

4. R

Art Briles to be named HC at Missouri State

https://footballscoop.com/news/source-art-briles-to-be-announced-as-new-head-coach-tomorrow/
  5. R

Could GP be waiting for a Joe Brady type situation to develop?

Last year at this time no one that wasn’t a Saints fan had likely ever heard of Joe Brady. Ed brings him in to help the OC and away they go. So we know that NFL teams have called GP for advice to help defend the spread and the passing schemes. Surely he may have an NFL contact that could do...
  6. R

Black football jersey?

Does anyone know if they sell a black TCU football jersey. We wear it often enough you’d think they would but all I see is purple.
  7. R

I think I found the next OC - Rhett Lashlee

So I’ve previously presented Chad Morris and Derek Dooley because they’re older and have HC experience so you’d think GP will be more comfortable with them. well how about Rhett Lashlee the OC at SMU? Was with Malzahn which is a perfect blend of run and pass and then gets GPs friend Sonny Dykes...
  8. R

Biggest pet peeve about passing game - WR rotation

I admittedly don’t watch all the games of every other team throughout the country, but my sampling tells me we have to be the only team that plays 9 WR per game. I haven’t done a deep dive into plays run by each WR but I wonder if DCs are getting tells by which of the 9 WRs are in the game...
  9. R

Model after Gundy and find an FCS mind.

Usually FCS has more creative offenses, partly because there’s greater talent disparity and partly because they don’t get the critique others do so they can experiment a little more. Gundy went that route last year and it’s paying off. Maybe GP can find an unknown gem himself.
  10. R

Derek Dooley now officially available

Mizzou just fired their coach. Dooley is my #1 choice to replace Cumbie if GP does it. WR coach background and familiarity with DFW. Plus being a former HC will make GP happy. Shawn will have to deal with another coaching staff. Wonder if he’ll transfer again
  11. R

Big 12 should make rivalry Saturday a thing

TCU-Baylor Texas-Texas Tech OU-OKST Kansas-Kansas St and Iowa St-WVU should be last weekend of the year every year. Not fair only OU-OKST is typically that weekend. Don’t worry about Big 12 championship rematches. Just give thanksgiving week rivalry week so the last game of the season is...
  12. R

Positives on the season

Watching tonight it’s obvious that even just getting the offense to above average instead of bad, can make us Big 12 title contenders. We have some huge positives on this team: - Moehrig and Washington are absolute superstars and young ones at that. - Barber and Davis have world class speed...
  13. R

Hopefully this is a defining week for the program

Hopefully we get answers to Reagor, Blacklock and the coaching staff. I think Chad Morris is all but hired if Cumbies gone based on the offer to his son last week. He’s also one who I’m confident could pick up the recruiting slack left by Cumbies departure.
  14. R

What did CDC do on his way out of town?

Seems like ever since he left, we’ve had a curse on all our programs (except rifle, because you don’t mess with those with guns). Blowing a 12 pt lead with 3:30 to go tonight 24 hours after terrible call to spot the ball. Baseballs had 2 subpar years by their standard and WBB had ghosts...
  15. R

Another transfer per JC

I don’t have access to the site. Who is it?
  16. R

15 more practices would do wonders for the secondary

This has to be the biggest feast/famine defense GP has had in a while. Getting 15 practices may help Duggan from a film perspective but it would do wonders for this defense learning how to communicate through pick plays and bunch formations. Stewart has ability but he is so often confused by...
  17. R

What if there were an OC with Texas ties, playcalling experience and is on Sabans staff?

Would you be interested? This guy also ran the fastest offense in the country last year. He was a nationwide known name at QB during his playing days. His name: Major Applewhite. Don’t know if the Chancellor would approve his hiring though based off his problems with a female student at Texas.
  18. R

Candidate for OC

Thinking of who may be available and who GP would be comfortable with, 1 name came to mind - Derek Dooley. He’s currently OC at Missouri and the staff could be in trouble. He’s a former head coach which Gary would like and he’s a former NFL WR coach which would help us immensely!
  19. R

Does anyone else get upset by our RBs running style

Why do the guys never just run it right up the middle? Whether it be Darius or Sewo they get to the line, plant their foot and either go left or right. We never let them get a head of steam and just plow straight ahead. Sewos 240 pounds and he dances like he’s 205. I think he’s going to have...
  20. R

You can’t win with thIs group of WRs

I say this after every loss but the current group of WRs except for Reagor wouldn’t win in the Mountain West. Hunt just needs to come off the field and only throw it to Stephens if there’s no one around since he’s afraid of getting hit. Recruiting wise, How many WRs are committed right now...