• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. T

CBS Sports: Miles Sanders says new Panthers teammate Andy Dalton is 'a future Hall of Famer'

Randomly ran into Dalton this weekend in Virginia. Have not seen him in person since TCU days. I wonder how much weight he has gained since going pro. He looked really big.
  2. T

SI: Texas, Oklahoma Reach Agreement With Big 12 to Join SEC in 2024

The Big 12 will not be able to “replace” UT or OU in my opinion, even if teams like TCU keep winning. I think our best bet for viability as a conference is to have several teams elevate their play and have more parity. Let the SEC/Big 10 continue to have one or two teams dominate and let the Big...
  3. T

Sonny Speaks on Houston Sports Radio 610

I agree with others that this may be the best post about the game that I have read thus far. One thing I would add is the fact that Sonny and his staff also had to prepare for nine opponents that they have never (or rarely) faced before.
  4. T

2010 or 2014 vs 2022 Georgia

We keep comparing previous teams on how they would fare against Georgia, but I think we are forgetting that the performances of the Rose/Peach/Fiesta bowl can not be compared to what we faced with Georgia. We had a month to prepare for all those games. I don’t think our coaches looked much past...
  5. T

2010 or 2014 vs 2022 Georgia

Ironically Ohio State 2014 would have given them a run. Similar to this Georgia team they were on a mission once playoffs started.
  6. T

Bowl Game Experiences

I’ve come to the conclusion that these bowl games are expensive, high risk endeavors. Curious of how others experiences have been. I’ll do my bowl “Yelp” reviews of the bowls I’ve been to below. Fiesta Bowl 2010 2 stars-good price. Weather was great. Stadium sucked. Took off 2 stars for fake...
  7. T

Kendre Miller says he will play in the national title game, per report

Based on pre-game stretches looks like he won’t play. Was taking it real easy.
  8. T

Big 12 Support

Ha ha. The lack of self awareness required to come here and post this is hilarious. You don’t even realize that you are showing your hand in the most obvious way. Doosh of the highest order. Edit: Let me help you out a little for future posts. “Wife OR girlfriend” = you don’t have either...
  9. T

Kendre Miller says he will play in the national title game, per report

Huh? Barely being able to move? That’s not what I saw. Speculating is pointless, but there is nothing anyone saw in the game coverage or reported since the game that definitively rules him out IMO. My son played football and had something very similar happen. Limped off the field worse than...
  10. T

Vintage Shirt For Fiesta Bowl

Pics or I don’t believe it
  11. T

The Athletic: CFB coaches weigh in on Georgia-TCU national championship: ‘Georgia’s gonna boat race ’em’

I’m really hoping that Georgias defense has regressed or maybe some weaknesses have been exposed based on last two games. Glancing at their season, their defense against teams like Tennessee and Oregon is impressive.
  12. T

Patterson Needs an Invite to the Championship game (on TCU dime)

I got roasted a few weeks ago for a post wishing GP left on good terms so he could be a part of this years success. That being said, I wouldn’t want him anywhere near this team right now with the way he left. Invite him to the parade in Ft Worth after we win. No distractions before the game.
  13. T

National Championship Parking

Don’t want to start a new thread but is there any option of walking to an area nearby SoFi and catching an Uber? That’s what we did for Alamo and Rose Bowls. Our hotel is about 2 miles from SoFi. I’m told the area used to be the “hood” but much better now.
  14. T

Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Georgia’s defensive issues won’t get Bulldogs beat by TCU

Agree. He sounds like he is trying to convince himself that there is nothing to worry about.
  15. T

Gameday Thread, Fiesta Bowl: #3 TCU vs #2 Michigan; Sponsored by Hell's Half Acre Stadium Goods

The bias on calls is ridiculous. We don’t get away with anything and they get called on nothing.
  16. T

Gameday Thread, Fiesta Bowl: #3 TCU vs #2 Michigan; Sponsored by Hell's Half Acre Stadium Goods

Please…please…please let us get a TD on a 9 minute drive to start the half
  17. T

2022-23 Bowl Games Thread

Of course the refs finally call a hold on OU in last few seconds.