• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. 6

Things I Miss

KXOL
  2. 6

Amon G. Carter Stadium Christmas Eve 2009

Yeah, we could get end zone seats for 50 cents--then move over to the east stands at halftime--back in the '50s for kids.
  3. 6

The Post LHCGP Coach Discussion

Fuente is on the hot seat at VA Tech
  4. 6

The Post LHCGP Coach Discussion

He is on the hot seat at VA Tech.
  5. 6

TCU Gives Day -- Because $66,600 Is Not Enough

No. TCU's only contact with us is when they beg for money. It was $20 a semester hour when I attended, and I can't see that a degree from TCU is worth the cost. My two sons attended state schools which were affordable for us: A&M and VA Tech.
  6. 6

Faith in Donati?

Good summary on Donati from your perspective. I wonder what his "tripwires" are. Clearly, the program is on a downward slide as is basketball. I guess we'll see his leadership unfold or not.
  7. 6

Are There Any Assistants You Would Keep?

Does anyone remember Justin Fuente? As VA Tech was losing its 3d straight game, a chant of "Fire Fuente" was heard in the stands. Syracuse scored 14 points in the final 2:28 minutes to win.
  8. 6

General Powell’s 13 Rules of Leadership

An old colonel one told me to learn to accept praise and be able to fix the blame.
  9. 6

If Mediocrity is the goal…Gary is your guy

I agree with the previous post. If the guys with the big cigars get tired of embarrassing losses and lame excuses from Gary, they might just tell Boschini that it is time for a change. I doubt that Donati would do anything since our athletic programs--football and basketball are on the ropes...
  10. 6

TCU does have studs. Elite football talent.

They didn’t show them today.
  11. 6

Fire Gary

Time for him to go.
  12. 6

GP apologists

Reminds me of the last couple of years with Abe Martin.
  13. 6

FWST: ‘No one comes to Texas for Fort Worth.’ SMU receiver Rashee Rice rips Fort Worth, TCU

No, AF1 landed at Carswell on Thursday night and the next day flew to Love Field. It was raining on Friday morning and cleared off before JFK left for Dallas. Several of us saw JFK on Thursday night in downtown Ft Worth.
  14. 6

Texas Christian University 1939

I remember seeing the game on our black and white TV. There was a film replay after the game which showed the hit on Curtis on his upper body that appeared to be intentional by the Old Miss player to injure Curtis. At least that was the story that some in the media circulated then.
  15. 6

Anyone here attend TCU in 1965?

I have yearbooks for 63,64 65, and 66. Yeah, I'm old, too.
  16. 6

FW Star-Telegram Owner Declares Bankruptcy

Sad to see the demise of the Star Telegram. Back in the dark ages I was a carrier for the Press and later the Star Telegram with both morning and evening editions as well as the Sunday paper. I subscribed to the Star Telegram Sunday edition by mail when I was in Vietnam so I could keep up with...
  17. 6

FWST: Luke Pardee, grandson of Texas football royalty and ‘Junction Boy,’ commits to TCU

I was at the 1955 game in Ft Worth, we lost 19-16. ACS was sold out and I had to pay $5 to stand in the north end zone with several friends. As an 11 year old, I thought the price was way too high as the usual price for kids was fifty cents for end zone seats.
  18. 6

Fire Cumbie..!

And increasing the beer sales. Haven't heard anything from him. Maybe Patterson intimidates him.
  19. 6

What "grow them up" really means

Well said. Unfortunately, that appears to be the situation. Hope the AD reads this--he's probably the only one who can resolve this.