• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. 4

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Wildcats under the lights at The Carter

Seems reasonable but as long as the Mad Max is healthy, we got a chance and add in Miller and QJ.
  2. 4

FWST: The answer to what’s changed at TCU is so obvious no one wants to touch it

Fair enough but moving it inside is still honoring his accomplishments while here.
  3. 4

FWST: The answer to what’s changed at TCU is so obvious no one wants to touch it

Toad, good recap and I concur with your thoughts. I had an ex family member that participated in Sonny's interview. IMO, getting his drift, it was always Sonny. This particular person was a TCU undergraduate and a Masters at SMU. He knew Sonny at SMU. Other interviews happened but I get it that...
  4. 4

Yes, it is objective. After we win conf. and play in NY6, the statue should be moved inside. We haven't forgotten what he did and was well compensated for it. It was a business for him as it should be with employment as he had several interviews to be a HC during his tenure here...
  5. 4

on3: Max Duggan finally has learned to relax and have fun – and TCU is 4-0

I liked Kenny and he did a good job for us in '17 but a QB coach for a Power 5 with NO experience?........Dugan has come a long way on a rough road he has traveled. It's been a cluster but now that's all behind him and it's GoFrogs.
  6. 4

Question on UT's Patterson

Telling it like it is. Think about Max's previous coaches here........right. Now he has Riley and Dykes and the CoOcs have somewhat meshed into a fluid and performing unit, the offensive line and the play calling. That was some fine line blocking, especially on the disguised counter where the...
  7. 4

Question on UT's Patterson

As my momma used to say........"go stew in your own juices." That statue ignited his ego and once that happened, he began his downward slope. It probably needs to be moved inside now,
  8. 4

Yahoo! Sports: Everything Brent Venables had to say following Oklahoma’s loss to TCU

IF OU beats Texas, it will partially right the ship for them and then they can go on and finish out with a bowl. They don't have the $$ to buy out the Venables contract.......OU is in financial straits right now......a big reason for going to the SEC. A&M in contrast to the above has the $$ but...
  9. 4

So Gary..

Strange that Saban didn't know about GP/UT but even if he had, would he have run over to find GP and give him a big hug? That ego is one reason GP is at Texas......with what's going on currently regarding OU/UT leaving the conf. early, we may not see UT again in the Carter in our lifetimes. Need...
  10. 4

FWST: TCU faces more uncertainty at quarterback after Chandler Morris injury

He needs reps, passes, and more reps......should be a force by bowl time. His reps can start tomorrow.....no running, we know he can run, passes over and over. We may see Chandler in the future for this season in spot duty, he is so fragile, got to be careful with him although his injury was...
  11. 4

FWST: TCU faces more uncertainty at quarterback after Chandler Morris injury

Is Chandler a one game wonder? He needs to stay healthy for us to find out but I just cannot see him making it through 9 straight Big 12 games with no off weeks and no injuries......3 starts and 2 injuries, a small sample but it is concerning. Get Jackson ready and when he is, he will replace...
  12. 4

Monroe News-Star: Louisiana Tech football coach Sonny Cumbie names Matthew Downing starting QB

No doubt he did and his brief tenure at Tech, he did well.......great guy and you never know, he may circle back here at some point. Hoping he puts a shocker on Mizzou.
  13. 4

Fall Camp 8-2-22

Agree and Sonny has already indicated on offense it's up tempo and that means a lot of substitutions over 4 quarters. I like our run game potential, especially late in the 4th. with a lead to run power football, slowly moving the chains and clock.
  14. 4

Fall Camp 8-2-22

Fair enough.
  15. 4

Fall Camp 8-2-22

Foster, over worked in HS.......7000 rushing yds. +-, in 3 yrs., 4.39 forty speed. His body just could not take the beating anymore. Never really had an extended healthy streak while here. A quality RB for sure with some size, power, and speed.....wish him the best.
  16. 4

Former Staff Destinations?

Yeah, GP probably didn't make that call but he had the power of the pocket veto and didn't use it......kinda like his on field time management. Dykes is a total different universe as is the staff.......just as an example, our offensive line coach, at last we have one:
  17. 4

FWST: Max Duggan opens up on returning to TCU football, competing for quarterback job

I'll add one more thought......not on the offensive side, but the defensive attitude was terrible last year. After the SMU and Texas game, they quit imo except for Baylor......they wanted that one, so that proves, when they wanted to play they could. I don't think Dykes will put up with that...
  18. 4

FWST: Max Duggan opens up on returning to TCU football, competing for quarterback job

I think you're right. Dykes said regarding the QB position, "we are just going to roll the ball out and see what happens." I was in school in the '60's right at the end of the Abe Martin regime and I would have to say that Sonny Dykes is the most CEO type as a head football coach that we have...