• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. Limey Frog

TCU Football: Date Set for Houston Game

We're second class citizens. This is the deal. We hope not to be relegated to third class.
  2. Limey Frog

Josh Hoover to have surgery on undisclosed injury

He's getting a bionic arm put in so he can throw a tight spiral 100 yards and we can win the Big 12. Surgery's undisclosed location is a private research facility in the Cayman Islands.
  3. Limey Frog

TCU Football: Date Set for Houston Game

This was obvious when they listed it as "or". Sadly we'll need to get used to this. I think Friday on Fox is going to become a big time slot for the Big 12 to get a national audience for one of its bigger games of the week.
  4. Limey Frog

The Athletic: TCU could be a sneakily scary team

So sneaky it would surprise everyone who's been watching this team in recent weeks.
  5. Limey Frog

The Athletic: TCU could be a sneakily scary team

I hope you're right. I have us going out in the first round in my bracket, though I think we could make it through to face Purdue. The Boilermakers are led by a high-scoring big man, which is usually a matchup nightmare for TCU. We might get the Timmie/Gonzaga treatment there.
  6. Limey Frog

Kansas was a better team than TCU baseball, Oklahoma is a better team than

Let's hope this thread is the 2024 version of "Saarloos was the wrong choice". TCU baseball is a summer months program. #Believe
  7. Limey Frog

Trent Dilfer: CFB "super league" within 18-24 months?

If money was all it took Aggy wouldn't suck.
  8. Limey Frog

NCAA: 2024 Selection Sunday: Date, schedule, TV times

The committee had been very generous.
  9. Limey Frog

FWST: Reality check: This is the best stretch of TCU basketball ever. Don’t take it for granted

With six minutes to play in Lubbock we had comparatively simple path to 11 wins, and 12 wasn't completely unrealistic. We managed nine.
  10. Limey Frog

FWST: Reality check: This is the best stretch of TCU basketball ever. Don’t take it for granted

Agree with both points. I'm trying to enjoy mediocrity as a big improvement, but when you get yourselves within minutes of better than mediocrity with double digit leads then just turn the ball over repeatedly that is very hard to watch and no one is going to praise you.
  11. Limey Frog

I know you have to ham the things up to promote clocks for your podcast if you're this guy, but how long have we known that the financial payout wouldn't be even in this thing? If we distributed in units for games played the Big 12 might very easily get less than we just agreed to. We should...
  12. Limey Frog

FWST: Is it too late for TCU to turn it around and make a March Madness run?

They certainly did in our second round game against Gonzaga last year. Maybe we'll get 40-minutes' worth of makeup calls this year... Fingers crossed.
  13. Limey Frog

FWST: Is it too late for TCU to turn it around and make a March Madness run?

Going back to the game in Lubbock we've absolutely tanked from a solid winning position three times. We were at best unconvincing vs. Baylor and Houston, and played well enough to win at WVU, and vs. Cincinnati and OU. That's 3-5 in the last eight games, having played at most eight halves of...
  14. Limey Frog

Nebraska looking for an AD. I bet they come calling.

Maybe they heard he was available for less than a $100M buyout.
  15. Limey Frog

And here we go.....12 just probably isn't enough.

I'm not saying this doesn't suck, but if you went 16 teams with no AQs and divided the revenue up based on "units" for each game teams play in, the Big 12 would probably get less than half of what SEC takes home most years.
  16. Limey Frog

We already were second tier. The question is whether we can maintain a second tier status that is close enough to enable well-run programs to occasionally compete with first tier opposition. That remains to be seen. I'm not entirely pessimistic that it's impossible just because TCU football has...
  17. Limey Frog

FLM: No. 1 Houston seeks revenge against TCU in Big 12 tourney

This team is worse than bad.
  18. Limey Frog

FWST: Is TCU in danger of falling on the wrong side of the NCAA tournament bubble?

Maybe he meant "main deck". He could be a maritime lawyer.