• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. TemCatFrog71

Frogs vs OSU last night!!

For those of you who missed the Frog/Cowboys baseball game ... you missed a doozy of two great pitching performances ... a 1-0 complete game by Tolle.
  2. TemCatFrog71

KillerFrogs Bullpen Podcast E07: Kansas series loss breakdown and DBU Preview

What went wrong: 1) KU pitching in game 1 & 2 was exceptional 2) KU hitters put the ball in play 3) first road trip of the season was on the road & a conference opener for the home team 4) in Kansas at night in freezing temperature 5) TCU did not put the ball in play often enough [see #1], and...
  3. TemCatFrog71

Amarillo Globe-News: TCU WR Major Everhart, formerly with Tascosa HS, wins Blair Cherry Award

Side note on Blair Cherry: Blair was the head Football Coach for North Side High School in Fort Worth for the seasons 1928 & 1929. He had a record of 5 - 11- 1 while coaching the Steers. He left North Side to take the Amarillo job, where his high school coaching career blossomed
  4. TemCatFrog71

Will you root for Texas to be SEC champions next year and beyond?

I grew up an hour north of Austin where if you were a college sports fan you either loved the Whorns or NOT. There was seemingly no middle ground regarding UT. Enjoyed watching them play when I had the chance (not much tv in those days), but was never a fan. I believe that most of that attitude...
  5. TemCatFrog71

Awful Announcing: Stephen A. Smith on Florida State's CFP snub: 'Blame no further than TCU'

You give a loud mouthed egotist a mike and television audience you're going to hear something really stupid from time to time! Just consider the source and move on. If you have a complaint about the make up of the four teams .. whine to the "committee". Stephan .. the Frogs or 2022 had nothing...
  6. TemCatFrog71

OT: Favorite Professor at TCU

Reuter Bohanon Wanted in get in Proctors class but they "seemed" to fill up before I could get to registration.
  7. TemCatFrog71

Had to check in on Hauss

Great numbers!!! Wonder if he can spell "de-commit" of "transfer"??
  8. TemCatFrog71

Officiating philosophies, a long rant.

Z, got out of coaching (high school) way back in 1984 (yes I am very old), but when the powers that be began to allow offensive linemen to use their hands to block, it was obvious to so many of us that a train wreck was in the future. #1 ... all of the holding can't be seen in the mess that is...
  9. TemCatFrog71

If we don’t make a bowl

Wexahu, Bingo and right on the nose!!!!!!!
  10. TemCatFrog71

If we don’t make a bowl

Top, I don't have any personal knowledge of the young men that play on this year's squad, but I have played the game for 10 years (jr Hi, HS & 4 years at TCU) and coached it at the HS level for 14 years. The erratic on the field performance of this squad just screams internal issues to me.
  11. TemCatFrog71

Gameday Thread: TCU at the Little Apple, Wildcat Edition (Oct 21, 2023; 6PM)

Wildcats hang 24 on US. What can the Frog offense do is the question?
  12. TemCatFrog71

Coin toss fair? Hm. Maybe not

I took a "Stats" class from Dr. Stanley Block at TCU in 1969. Dr Block said it was 50/50 and I believe him.
  13. TemCatFrog71

Worst football team at TCU in decades

Coach Taylor was a pretty nice Guy, but he was NOT a good coach at the D-1 Varsity level. You have the 1967 team confused with the '68 team .. TCU beat Texas in Austin in 1967 not '68. Fred's 4 year record was15 - 25. Not the mark of a good coach. Fred's problems as the head coach did not come...
  14. TemCatFrog71

West Virginia Injuries

Thank you Sir for the update. Broken legs will heal just fine in time, but head and neck are serious "stuff". Great 2nd half for the Mountaineers. Maybe some day our OL coaches and linemen will figure out how to block a delayed blitz!! Congratulation on your win and your season so far. Beat...
  15. TemCatFrog71

West Virginia Injuries

Has anyone heard a medical report on the two West Virginia players who were sent to the hospital?
  16. TemCatFrog71

Brooks Robinson

Also a childhood fan of Brooks Robinson. I watched Brayden Taylor play for a better part of two seasons ago. His Attack of the baseball quick hand reflects, arm strength and accuracy of throws reminded me of someone from my childhood but couldn't place who it was (that was after all 60+ years...
  17. TemCatFrog71

AL.com: Deion Sanders reveals what he told TCU’s Trey Sanders, former Tide RB, after Colorado upset win

Maybe that is what Dion said and maybe it wasn't. Maybe he made an NIL offer for next season!!
  18. TemCatFrog71

Buffs Beat: Op-Ed: College football's talking heads have lost their minds over Colorado vs. No. 17 TCU

"Memo to all college football ‘analysts’, Stop calling this a 1-11 team. You sound ignorant and disregard any progress CU has made with Coach Prime." And what progress as CU made under Prime???? 0-0 for the season?? I guess that would be better than 1 - 11 if you call that "progress".
  19. TemCatFrog71

The two biggest seasons in TCU history are upon us

"68, you must have played "thump thump" with some pretty good "roundballers" back in the day!!