• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. Purp

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Like Sarge he's been outstanding in the Championship. We need someone in good form at the #9.
  2. Purp

Bummed about this. Sarge is probably our most in-form striker right now. LdlT has been rock solid too, but I don't see how he starts ahead of McKennie and Musah, though he could potentially slot in at #6 since Adams is just now returning. But if Gio is at midfield that may not be in the offing...
  3. Purp

Aaronson with a goal today and Jedi just played a brilliant cross in for Fulham to take a 1-0 lead over Spurs.
  4. Purp

Puli with a goal and assist today. Man he's been great in Milan.
  5. Purp

Had a couple consecutive 16 hour days so didn't have time to look much at the roster, but I like the group. Tillman at forward is interesting and Gio at midfield is good too. Gonna be a fun window.
  6. Purp

Saw that Sarge and Haji are still scoring a lot in the championship. They may be playing their way into the next window. I'd really love to see Sarge catch on with a Premier League side that isn't relegation bound. His one season with Norwich he never had a chance they were so badly outclassed.
  7. Purp

I agree with this. I think that's the point I was making. I'm less confident Weston will get that regular playing time at Juve bc the next couple years are shaping up to be similar to the last couple years due to financial issues. I'd like to see him land somewhere with greater stability at the...
  8. Purp

I'm mixed on this. I think Juve are building toward being the dominant side in Serie A again and he could be a vital part of that, but I worry their financial issues may limit them and could result in volatility there where he goes in and out of favor as a revolving door of managers go in and...
  9. Purp

Looks like McKennie could be back this weekend for Juve and Tyler Adams may be a week away from his return too. Also sounds like Gio not playing won't affect his status with the Nats. Hopefully he can have a good Nations League run to propel him into a solid run to finish the season.
  10. Purp

Saw that too. Honestly, the death threats in Italian football aren't shocking. The violence at games there has been a problem for decades. I think every stadium has a barrier between the stands and the pitch bc of the crap that goes on during those games. Incendiary devices aren't uncommon, for...
  11. Purp

Sarge scored again today. 11th goal of the season and 8th in the last 2 months. He's now scored in 7 consecutive home games. He's probably our best striker right now. Adams is getting close to a return too. Maybe this next window we can have all of our best players playing well (assuming Gio...
  12. Purp

UCLA vs TCU Game #3

So was the call upheld or overturned? Those first base calls are some of the hardest ones in college to see clearly on replay, IMO. That's honestly one that I have a hard time disputing with the 1B umpire b/c, if he's in good position down the line, he can clearly see if the 1B's foot is off...
  13. Purp

UCLA vs TCU Game #3

I'd like to return to that day. Self-policing is the way to do it. It's what gives hockey an extra level of excitement. Nobody wants to get his face bludgeoned by the other team's enforcer.
  14. Purp

UCLA vs TCU Game #3

That dude was obnoxious. We were behind the TCU dugout Saturday when KB hit a dinger and barked back at him. Dude was incensed. And he deserved every bit of the trash talk back.
  15. Purp

UCLA vs TCU Game #3

I didn't get home in time to see the first replay. What happened there? I agree that it seemed clear to me the oven mitt was on the plate when the tag landed on his wrist. I'm really surprised they upheld that one. I get that a lot of the college replays are harder to overturn due to fewer...
  16. Purp

LdlT had an assist today for Celta Vigo too. Timmy Chandler also had an assist for Frankfurt. Scrong day for Muricans abroad.
  17. Purp

Weston had 2 assists, but apparently dislocated his shoulder. Ugh. We've got to keep these guys healthy.
  18. Purp

Balogun with a goal today. Timmy and Weston still playing a bunch at Juve. Good to see. Wild finish in that one. Both Monaco and Juve pulled out late wins.
  19. Purp

Pefok had a goal and nearly a couple of assists for Gladbach today. Scally started at left back and Aaronson got another start for Union. Richards got a goal for Palace too. He's started the last 3 matches at his more natural left center back spot. He's rounding into form nicely.
  20. Purp

OT: AT&T Cell Outage

I'd think if it was solar flares all services would be affected rather than just AT&T. They all share infrastructure.