• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. F

Who is in charge?

If the AD tells the football coach what to do then what good is the football coach? If the football coach wields more power than the AD then why do we have an AD? The football team is down. The men's basketball team is a mess. Baseball is about to start with a new coach. It's hard being a...
  2. F

Southern Miss to the Sun Belt?!

I think there needs to be some major realignment below the P4/5. Some of these conferences are just too big for their own good. Why are teams flying to an airport to catch a 2-3 hour bus ride to a game just so they might get a few extra eyeballs when they could take 4-5 hour bus trip? That...
  3. F

Southern Miss to the Sun Belt?!

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32453666/sources-southern-miss-join-sun-belt-conference-early-2023 How must Conference USA feel that a school just left for the Sun Belt? I am sure many of us remember Southern Miss as a thorn in our side with some great games. I was shocked...
  4. F

Oh my - The American Conference (no longer P6 -lol)

Agreed! I could see a scenario where TCU and SMU are in the same conference, but my gut tells me that the Pac 12 is about to raid the Big 12 with TCU being one of the schools.
  5. F

Oh my - The American Conference (no longer P6 -lol)

If I am SMU I am happy with the additions. On paper it looks like a bunch of bad football teams. It does however put SMU closer to the center of the conference. That means a lot more bus rides than plane trips. For a school that isn't seeing huge tv dollars that is good thing. I also wonder...
  6. F

FWST Big 12’s Bowlsby is ‘very bullish’ on the league’s value even after Texas, OU depart

I am thinking the AAC might have just telegraphed this move. I think the AAC is readying itself to lose more teams. Their additions seem desperate.
  7. F

Cumbie gets emotional when asked about his relationship with Gary

I think Patterson is one of the most respected coaches in game today. He at times is over intense, but he is also not cruel. You don't hear many say anything negative about him. There are several coaches he has rescued out of bad situations. He has helped others get their footing. He is a...
  8. F

OT - Starting a new career in late 30s/early 40s

Some of the stressors from teaching were too much for me. I am now able to breathe at my job. I still work with kids, but it is as a volunteer through church and other activities. Also check with the district to see if they have openings away from education. Sometimes they need people to...
  9. F

OT - Starting a new career in late 30s/early 40s

Education is a tough field. Your work is appreciated, and you do have transferable skills. I left education after about the same time frame. It's tough, but I am glad I did it. I ended up working some summer jobs at various offices. I had some great experiences. I looked at law school, but...
  10. F

PAC - 12

If the Pac continues to fail to make the playoff it will expand!
  11. F

Saturday Down South: TCU coach calls on boosters to make NIL deals, keep recruits from going to SEC

Nobody ever talked about the issues with the NFL! The NFL creates the barriers and CFB gets the blame! If the NFL would have changed their ways and supported the leagues like the XFL where an 18 year old could have earned a paycheck many of the issues would have gone away! BTW how many 18 year...
  12. F

Saturday Down South: TCU coach calls on boosters to make NIL deals, keep recruits from going to SEC

There were jokes about the Eric Dickerson pay cuts to go to the NFL. It's only a matter of time before a player actually has to take a pay cut to play in the NFL since all his eligibility is used. The SEC has been working on how to pay players for since the 70s. The SWC just got caught! Now...
  13. F

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

I don't have a problem adding Texas schools, but it needs to have purpose. One of my biggest issues with UH is the lack of ability to retain coaches. Every time a new coach arrives and does well they leave for a better job. That roller coaster isn't helpful for the Big 12. I would also ask...
  14. F

I also think the amount of silence coming from TCU is quite loud. When the Mountain West fell apart several individuals seemed unusually quiet or lackadaisical. I almost get the sense that someone knows something that they aren't saying from TCU. That is probably the best move for TCU. So...
  15. F

Right now is probably the worst scenario for TCU and the other Big 12 schools. I don't think it is full doomsday, but it is bad. I still think the Pac 12 expands eventually, but the road just got murkier. The alliance is going to make it hard for Big 12 schools to schedule games of substance...
  16. F

Big Ten, ACC, and Pac12 officially announce Alliance

Bye bye football TV contract for Notre Lame! If they don't join a conference there might not be a good path for the playoff for them. The college football season is getting too long. There are far too many meaningless games. The problem with football in general is that it is the only sport...
  17. F

Big Ten, ACC, and Pac12 officially announce Alliance

I think we need to tap a few brakes! Today was a death blow to the Big 12 in many respects. I think a lot of the schools in the Big 12 are on life support, but not dead. This probably means all 3 conferences need the same number of teams. The ACC is at 14 plus Notre Lame. The Pac is at 12...
  18. F

How big is yours?

I have a RecTeq. Mine would be equivalent to their 700 series not. It is a solid cooker. I burn through about pound to maybe 2 per hour. That really depends on the pellets. I try to buy mine from BBQ Galore. Buying cheap pellets is where I would venture most go wrong. The cheap ones just...
  19. F

Why am I starting to think that the rest of college football could tell the SEC to get lost? I understand the NIL has gotten out of control outside of the SEC particularly at Ohio St., but something bigger seems to be brewing. I get the feeling that much of the NCAA is just tired of the SEC...
  20. F

The SEC wall around Texas makes some sense. Adding all valid Texas schools controls the media market in the area. It also partially blocks out the other conferences from heavily recruiting Texas. I am highly skeptical with this conference shift. Why would Kansas not be included unless the...