• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. Zubaz

The Harris/Biden Administration: Coming Together to Build Back Better

If we print our own currency, then monetary policy factors just as much in to the equation of "what we can afford" as fiscal policy does, which is not the case with an individual's budget. That's kind of my point. And again, equating US debt to credit card debt isn't at all reasonable. Not...
  2. Zubaz

Not per person, but the average family does have two cars. I'm never a big fan of analogies like this one, because it leaves out the entire second half of what goes in to federal budgets: I don't get to mint my own currency. (It also seems to be equating US government debt with unsecured...
  3. Zubaz

Oh my - The American Conference (no longer P6 -lol)

I mean....yeah this is true. They had better ratings than us in a number of different metrics (SOS, outright conference title, and quality wins, most notably).
  4. Zubaz

Oh my - The American Conference (no longer P6 -lol)

I think it's far more likely now than it's been in past years, so not betting or anything, but just thinking out loud: Georgia, Oklahoma, Michigan are undefeated Alabama, Ohio State, Oregon, all have one loss. Georgia and Bama presumably are . Michigan and Ohio State will play each other (as...
  5. Zubaz

COVID-19 Threads

I feel like I need to preface all posts like this with "I remain agnostic on the whole vaccine mandate issue but....". Is citing conduct of the US Military the best example here? There are a lot freedoms that they do not enjoy by virtue of their service, and my understanding (admittedly...
  6. Zubaz

OT - Movies thread

I'm convinced that, as per usual, the people outraged by it didn't see it. There's absolutely no way you could listen to the last twenty minutes of that special and be outraged. It wasn't even stand up comedy at that point. It was a monologue with some joke beats.
  7. Zubaz

Week 8 Games to Watch / Other Games Thread

I hope they really flex on Charlotte, UNT, Wichita State, and Rice in a few years. Will be super impressive.
  8. Zubaz

If we can get a car that goes 250 miles on a single charge, costs less than $30k, and doesn't look like a golf-cart, I think that would be big. You're right that internal combustion will be preferable for longer trips based on current tech, but even just getting daily commuters to all electric...
  9. Zubaz

COVID-19 Threads

Again I'm struggling with why this is binary between extremes of "you love the government" vs "you love liberty". I don't "love" the government, I do think they play a necessary role in certain cases (as, I suspect, you do). We both "trust" the government with infrastructure, national defense...
  10. Zubaz

If he decides to caucus with Republicans and therefore gives them the majority, is that called "pulling a Jeffords"?
  11. Zubaz

Killer Frogs: Gary Patterson Press Conference: Week 8 "At the End of the Day"

Our conference opponents were running a HUNH offense when current players were in third grade. This isn't new, and there's zero chance that's the reason we're having defensive issues.
  12. Zubaz

Even if we were to ignore the glaring difference there: Absolutely. Mix that stuff up, high school smack talk is fun.
  13. Zubaz

That is definitely the same thing and a not at all insane hypothetical. This anti-CRT stuff has made some folks paranoid.
  14. Zubaz

The obvious answer is yes to both. I've heard of white privilege, I've heard of private school kids being referred to as privileged. Given this context, it's pretty obvious which one they were going with. Hint: it's not the one that literally doesn't use the word "white" anywhere.
  15. Zubaz

You've seriously never heard of someone going to private school referred to as privileged? Really? Do you think those "$" on either side of the word stand for "white"?
  16. Zubaz

COVID-19 Threads

We'll know by the end of the year, I guess. But considering where we ended 2020, it's not looking great.
  17. Zubaz

COVID-19 Threads

Your math remains impeccable as always. Since COVID deaths come in waves and are not constant, no, 65k deaths in the last 40 days would not mean 3.6mm people.
  18. Zubaz

Yeah, I'm sure the dollar signs right around the word don't have anything to do with they were teasing about. For crying out loud.
  19. Zubaz

Unless "private catholic school student" is a race, I don't think you get what is being said there. I'm very sorry they hurt your feelings. Should try and create a safe space going forward?