• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. Froggy Style

Fire Gary

You may have missed them plucking our conferences apart at each turn. Their goal is clearly to bump off schools that don't have the number of eyeballs...and the way to do it is make sure you kill off the small schools is to do it when we're not good or are in turmoil with Patterson retiring...
  2. Froggy Style

So who is your replacement?

Matt Campbell is the guy. Understands stopping the run and pass with high flying RPO offenses that aren't going anywhere. Marry that with recruiting offense talent in TX and you've go a great fit. Luckily, he lost a few games that may make him available.
  3. Froggy Style

Fire Gary

Well said NRH. Only thing I would add is that you actually have to do it now. You can bet ESPN has been gaming this out for a few years down the road (expected Gary retirement) for consolidation. Make a quick switch to a Matt Campbell type hire and keep the program relevant. If we wait, then...
  4. Froggy Style

Wazzu coach out...

Yeah, real bold. Or he made a move before they fired him for being crappy at his job. I feel like this is why Gary is picking a fight with the fans....because he also knows he sucks these days.
  5. Froggy Style

YouTube: TCU Fans During OU

Hilariously painful...yet actually nice to Gary, you could have complained about 100 more things.
  6. Froggy Style

Lincoln Brilesbag couldn't take a knee with 1 minute to go in the game?!

I said the same in another thread. I think this was a slip. He first answers the question by saying the fans don't know what they are talking about and goes on to explain how each of these moves he made were smart coaching decisions meant to win the game. Then, he follow up with he was just...
  7. Froggy Style

FWST: ‘I’ve never played to lose.’ TCU football’s Patterson defends late-game strategy vs. OU

So, I was able to force myself to read gary's answers about how he doesn't play to lose. However, in true gary style...he deny's that he play's to lose for several questions and defends himself, but then admits to shutting things down. Uh, so you are willing to stop trying to win, but still...
  8. Froggy Style

Get to 6 wins........

We have more talent than anyone but OU on offense. We should be 10-1 this year, but we're hoping for 7-5 because SMU snuck up on us as they haven't beat us since...last time we played...oh and we cancelled last year so it wouldn't be three times in a row. How many changes were made since the...
  9. Froggy Style

Punting on 4th down with 6 minutes to go

Similarly to his media interviews? Perhaps he should have brought an stringed instrument.
  10. Froggy Style

FWST: ‘I’ve never played to lose.’ TCU football’s Patterson defends late-game strategy vs. OU

Yes. New favorite phrase: "I told them then have to get ready" "I told them SMU wants to win" "I told them they better be ready" Translation: "I am the one that knows other teams want to win. Can you believe they weren't ready?"
  11. Froggy Style

There is no perfect onside kick. It is ALWAYS a low percentage play. That's why you go for it on 4th and 1 or 4th and short...so you don't have to get an onside.
  12. Froggy Style

Because they have tried that and everyone knows it's coming. We have two RBs that average 7 yards a carry. If you have a third and 1, take two chances that your O-line can get 1/7th of that average.
  13. Froggy Style

FWST: Comedian Jeff Foxworthy takes shot at TCU football’s defense on ESPN

Yes, Chris repeatedly said he's not coaching defense to his old standards. Oh, but he is. This has been the standard for years now. Need a deep pass? Put your top WR in the slot and he'll be covered by the LB for a crossing route and a safety if he wants to go deep. It's the same every...
  14. Froggy Style

I smiled when Herbstreit talked about TCU injuries.

I'd like a 1st string head coach and/or DC that isn't mentally injured.
  15. Froggy Style

Lincoln Brilesbag couldn't take a knee with 1 minute to go in the game?!

Exactly, Gary concedes/shortens the game, when it's still a game, just to preserve his stats. Then, when it's not a game, he tries to win the game of stats by lengthening the game. Just more proof, like punting with 6 minutes, that Gary is more interested in Gary than winning. When reporters...
  16. Froggy Style

It is amazing...we'll be 5-6 with people posting..."where are the naysayers now?" because we beat Kansas. 4 star QB, two 4 star WRs, two NFL level RBs, and a "genius" DC. I wonder if Matt Campbell likes 6 mil?
  17. Froggy Style

This, the only problem with the offense (yes you could nit pick a few more) was that they weren't allowed to try and win by trying to score or get more first downs on 4th downs which is a Gary decision. Of course, Gary allowed himself to try and keep the ball with a ridiculously timed onside...
  18. Froggy Style

Agreed. Defense is the problem, and if you want to layer head coaching decisions that bring people like Meach back, then that's just a bonus reason for the boot.
  19. Froggy Style

Name Gary’s next song

Can we just ask...why in the hell did Gary allow ESPN to come in and film him...AGAIN, singing his guitar, during the season, for his "new song." When did he write it, when did he practice it? Why develop new songs instead of studying other teams that have schemes that work? Perhaps study how...