• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. Limey Frog

2024 Football Regular Season Predictions

For better or worse, I think we'll know a lot about Sonny as a head coach after this year. His willingness to part ways with Gillespie makes me optimistic. Last year was very disappointing but I'm not ready to conclude that 13-2 was a fluke and 5-7 is the real version. I still suspect it's...
  2. Limey Frog

2024 Football Regular Season Predictions

TCU football this century has won either 8 or 9 regular season games a remarkable zero times. We are always either 10+ wins good, 6-7 win mediocrity, or total rubbish. So I'm going to be overly optimistic but also completely stupid and say we'll go 9-3. (Just because I don't want to be honest...
  3. Limey Frog

ACC officially votes to add Cal, Stanford, SMU

Not that school officials denying realignment rumors ever meant that they're false... In this case they're clearly false because they make no sense at all. The Utes don't need to love the Big 12 to know that it's their best option aside from the two leagues everyone would jump to be in if offered.
  4. Limey Frog

Transfers

I think if I were going to linger on the fringes of a football team I'd rather do it at a school where the girls look they look at TCU. FWTW.
  5. Limey Frog

Power 5 approves major change, college athletes set to be paid directly by schools

This is how I would do it. Put the money in a players' trust, divided proportionately by what amount of the contract is earned by that sport (i.e., football players get the money because they make the money). If you start a game at a school covered by the media contract, you earn a share. If you...
  6. Limey Frog

Power 5 approves major change, college athletes set to be paid directly by schools

You can't sign contacts for $1B per year in TV money and give $0 to the players. The old college football died slowly every time a conference signed a new mega media deal. If they wanted amateurism they really should have turned down the money.
  7. Limey Frog

Big XII Baseball Tournament Thread

Happiness is its own reward. One comes to a game thread on a sportsball message board to share real-time misery with other similarly pessimistic, long-suffering incurable diehards. And to keep the negative comments from spilling out somewhere they might do more damage. I don't often comment on...
  8. Limey Frog

247 Sports: TCU baseball set to host MLB Network's "Intentional Talk" live broadcast Friday

Accidental talk is what happens when you drink too much. Do not do that on TV.
  9. Limey Frog

NBC 5: Former TCU football star turned artist victimized by storage unit robbery, Memorabilia stolen

That almost certainly means that the perpetrator is a poster on this site. Come on, own up. Which one of you did this, and would you please DM me with how much you're asking for the Flying T pieces you need to shift in a hurry?
  10. Limey Frog

Coach Dykes interview

11. Limey Frog

GoFrogs: Kickoff Time/TV Announced for Football Opener at Stanford

Yeah, I didn't get to bed until almost 2AM after the Colorado game in 2022. I hope there won't be a lightening storm Alphabet Coalition Students for 8th Century Jihadists on-field protest that delays kickoff in Palo Alto.
  12. Limey Frog

GoFrogs: Kickoff Time/TV Announced for Football Opener at Stanford

Amount of money that will accrue to SMU athletics: $0.
  13. Limey Frog

Bleacher Report: TCU's Sonny Dykes Thinks CFB Power Conferences, Group of 5 Could Split 'Eventually'

Look up the Yahoo college football enquirer podcast with Dan Wetzel.
  14. Limey Frog

Bleacher Report: TCU's Sonny Dykes Thinks CFB Power Conferences, Group of 5 Could Split 'Eventually'

The fair way would be with contracts that have penalties. If you're old enough to sign a million-dollar deal to play somewhere, you're old enough to have to buy your way out of that contract if you break it.
  15. Limey Frog

As I understand it the cap will not be per school but set to the average P4 revenue total. So if the average P4 school makes $100M in TV and ticket revenue, the 20% cap will be $20M for everyone. For Ohio State that will actually be less than 20% and for TCU it will be more, but we'll find a way...
  16. Limey Frog

Sadly, other parties will decide for us and then let us know. All we know for sure is that no one who is deciding this gives a crap about TCU. We'll either help those people make money and be in, or not and be out.
  17. Limey Frog

I don't think ticket revenue will make a huge difference between programs, though you're always going to be in a better position with 80K season ticket holders than 30K. TCU as a small school is comparatively better positioned to compete than other small schools just by virtue of talent-rich...