• The KillerFrogs

Cougar High transfer

sandiegojack

QB Broadway, defensive coach Jeffcoat depart from UH
By STEVE CAMPBELL
Copyright 2010 Houston Chronicle
Dec. 11, 2010, 1:11PM

Nick de la Torre Chronicle
Terrance Broadway leaves after 30 completions, 42 attempts, 424 yards and three touchdowns.

Share Del.icio.usDiggTwitterYahoo! BuzzFacebookStumbleUponEmail Close [X]

The marquee prospect of the Kevin Sumlin era has severed ties with the University of Houston.

Quarterback Terrance Broadway turned in his paperwork for a transfer, and Sumlin quietly granted a release on Friday. A school official also confirmed on Saturday the departure of defensive line coach Jim Jeffcoat, who had been on the staff the past three seasons.

Broadway, touted by Rivals.com as a four-star prospect out of Baton Rouge, La., lasted one fall on the UH campus. He leaves after 30 completions, 42 attempts, 424 yards, three touchdowns, one interception and one swirl of controversy. UH won Broadway's only start, but fellow true freshman quarterback David Piland took over the offense for the final eight games.

Neither Broadway nor Piland have been made available for interviews since they arrived on campus. Asked on Saturday if he wanted to give his side of what happened, Broadway said by e-mail, "I don't have a side." He gave no indication of his immediate plans.

The UH coaches had earmarked Broadway and Piland for redshirts in 2010. Those plans went hopelessly awry when starter Case Keenum and backup Cotton Turner went down to season-ending injuries in the back-to-back quarters in Game 3 at UCLA.

Broadway led the Cougars to all but three of their points in barely a quarter of a 31-13 Sept. 18 defeat, completing 5-of-8 passes for 84 yards and a touchdown. He got the start the next week against Tulane, completing 19-of-28 for 174 yards with five sacks, one interception and two lost fumbles. The Cougars won the game 42-23, but Broadway lost the starting job.

jack the frog

Forgot about the houston trolls of a couple years back. Always arguing the supremacy of the cougar high program and recruits versus TCU.
I guess 25 wins and 2 BCS bowls for TCU and a whole bunch of nuthin' for houston took the muster out of that argument.

Portland Frog

Forgot about the houston trolls of a couple years back. Always arguing the supremacy of the cougar high program and recruits versus TCU.
I guess 25 wins and 2 BCS bowls for TCU and a whole bunch of nuthin' for houston took the muster out of that argument.

I Siff Male Bottoms hasn't been on here in quite a while from what it appears.

Opintel

Moderators
Jeffcoat may be going to Texas
You'd think he already had a job, leaving like that on short notice (I'm guessing). Why do you think UTerus? :tongue:

EDIT:

Coach Muschamp's replacement? Holy Moly!

Can it be? Talk to me GDU... :unsure: