• The KillerFrogs

WFAA: TCU student found dead at home near campus

magicJack

No where to turn? Turn to the Lord and make Jesus your savior. He can solve all problems. Suicide is basically saying that no one, not even God/Jesus, can help you, so you are turning your back on everyone - including God/Jesus. Therefore I think she descended into hell and all prayers for her are wasted. I don't want to turn this into a Religion War but thats what I believe and thats why I said what I said.

Also, what is the choking game?

Dogfrog

QUOTE(magicJack @ Jan 19 2010, 11:36 AM) [snapback]505468[/snapback]
No where to turn? Turn to the Lord and make Jesus your savior. He can solve all problems. Suicide is basically saying that no one, not even God/Jesus, can help you, so you are turning your back on everyone - including God/Jesus. Therefore I think she descended into hell and all prayers for her are wasted. I don't want to turn this into a Religion War but thats what I believe and thats why I said what I said.

Judge not lest thou be judged.

swimmerbabe11

I just don't how you can not have sympathy for someone you think is in hell..

I mean, I dont pray for people who are dead, I think its too late..but certainly I have sympathy. I don't know when I might find myself of someone in my family in this same kind of situation.

joejordan

QUOTE(BABYFACE @ Jan 19 2010, 12:00 PM) [snapback]505495[/snapback]
Bad form.

It sure is. Please be aware I was responding to the earlier post about the 'rash' of crimes in the TCU area.

Trelvis

QUOTE(magicJack @ Jan 19 2010, 04:36 PM) [snapback]505468[/snapback]
No where to turn? Turn to the Lord and make Jesus your savior. He can solve all problems. Suicide is basically saying that no one, not even God/Jesus, can help you, so you are turning your back on everyone - including God/Jesus.

I almost just threw up

SnoSki

QUOTE(magicJack @ Jan 19 2010, 04:36 PM) [snapback]505468[/snapback]

Ain't the loving God and grace that I know.
"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8

That's all I'm going to say on this in a forum that generally does not bring up religion.

BABYFACE

Crunch,

Which your response then would be appropriate in TCU not doing enough. But in the event of death it comes across wrong even it is mean't to express outrage over the crime or what has happened IMO.

It is scary world we live in. I hug my two daughters every morning before they go to school and give them a hug in the afternoon when they return home. Tragic events remind us of how our children are blessings and to cherish every moment we have with them and not to take it for granted.

frogs9497

QUOTE(magicJack @ Jan 19 2010, 11:36 AM) [snapback]505468[/snapback]

This is out of line on several levels.

I will go out on a limb and suggest that you are completely incapable of putting yourself in her shoes.

West Coast Johnny

QUOTE(magicJack @ Jan 19 2010, 08:25 AM) [snapback]505455[/snapback]
Suicide is never an answer. If that was the case, I simply can not have any sympathy for this young lady. I'll pray for her family and friends that she did wrong instead.

Judge not lest ye be judged - Mathew 7:1

HFrog1999

The answer to suicide is not "you're going to hell!". The answer is that things can and will get better and there are people that care about you.

Now, for all we know, this could be an accident, this could be natural causes or something else. All we do know is that a fellow Horned Frog has passed away in a terrible tragedy and I hope her family and friends are cared for in this tragic time.

weklfrog

Auto-asphyxiation refers to cutting off oxygen to the brain for sexual arousal. David Carradine allegedly died from this game in which a rope is tied tightly around the neck until the participant almost passes out to lead to a more intense sexual release. Participants can die when they pass out before releasing the rope. Don't know how frequently females participate in this activity.

The choking game involves a short-lived high that results from depriving the brain of oxygen and can be obtained from choking, strangulation. In middle school, I recall neighborhood kids hyperventilating by taking a number of very quick deep breaths in and out and then another kid grapping you around the chest and squeezing while the participant held their breath until they passed out. Generally, the participant comes to quickly after being released but briefly in an altered state. A number of children have died or been seriously injured from this activity.

magicJack

I understand its not my room to judge... I know Matthew. However I also know other verses as well. God gave us the gift of life and rejecting it is not a good thing.

Read Proverbs 3:5-6 it says we have a God who loves us and cares for us and promises to meet all of our needs if we place our trust in Him.

Do I believe a Christian is forgiven for suicide? Yes. But I also believe suicide is not an option. We do not have the right to take our own lives. That belongs to God.

After analyzing this I just find it hard to believe God would still welcome her into his Kingdom. However that is above my paygrade so again its just an assumption.

SnoSki

QUOTE(HFrog1999 @ Jan 19 2010, 05:33 PM) [snapback]505539[/snapback]
The answer to suicide is not "you're going to hell!". The answer is that things can and will get better and there are people that care about you.

Now, for all we know, this could be an accident, this could be natural causes or something else. All we do know is that a fellow Horned Frog has passed away in a terrible tragedy and I hope her family and friends are cared for in this tragic time.

+1

Excellent post in many aspects.

SnoSki

QUOTE(weklfrog @ Jan 19 2010, 05:35 PM) [snapback]505543[/snapback]
Auto-asphyxiation refers to cutting off oxygen to the brain for sexual arousal. David Carradine allegedly died from this game in which a rope is tied tightly around the neck until the participant almost passes out to lead to a more intense sexual release. Participants can die when they pass out before releasing the rope. Don't know how frequently females participate in this activity.

The choking game involves a short-lived high that results from depriving the brain of oxygen and can be obtained from choking, strangulation. In middle school, I recall neighborhood kids hyperventilating by taking a number of very quick deep breaths in and out and then another kid grapping you around the chest and squeezing while the participant held their breath until they passed out. Generally, the participant comes to quickly after being released but briefly in an altered state. A number of children have died or been seriously injured from this activity.

Never heard of this.. crazy. I can see why kids would do it, but man. The brain needs oxygen!!

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(magicJack @ Jan 19 2010, 11:38 AM) [snapback]505547[/snapback]
After analyzing this I just find it hard to believe God would still welcome her into his Kingdom.

And after analyzing your views on this I've come to the conclusion that he probably isn't real happy with you right now either.

joejordan

QUOTE(BABYFACE @ Jan 19 2010, 12:24 PM) [snapback]505529[/snapback]
Crunch,

Which your response then would be appropriate in TCU not doing enough. But in the event of death it comes across wrong even it is mean't to express outrage over the crime or what has happened IMO.

It is scary world we live in. I hug my two daughters every morning before they go to school and give them a hug in the afternoon when they return home. Tragic events remind us of how our children are blessings and to cherish every moment we have with them and not to take it for granted.

Babyface,

I guess it would help if you recall the rather heated threads from about a year ago, referencing Ft. Worths Home Team. I, too, hug my 2 daughters multiple times each day (as much as I can, they are slippery). In fact, stories like this sure warm my heart as I am sending my eldest off to TCU in 7 months.

I live in a metro area that has a lot of crime every day, yet none has touched my home or family. Some of the reasons for that is I (and many others) remain vigilant, communicate, and are very careful about who is in our neighborhood. I don't really care how that sounds, because what I do care about is my families safety, and I choose to take few risks on that front.

I also care about TCU.