• The KillerFrogs

bad news

Opintel

Moderators
QUOTE(Frog123 @ Dec 22 2009, 04:16 PM) [snapback]484836[/snapback]
why do newspapers run stories without names? because it's still relevant news

The real news here is that we are all going nuts waiting for the game. Just relax - I hearby call early "Happy Hour"! Feel better? :tongue:

Also, does this new coaches clothing have built in feet and a little button-up hatch in the back? I've seen it. :ph34r:

steelfrog

Tier 1
I don't really even care to know--it is what it is whether I know it or not. But it cannot be denied that whoever started this thread is very indulgently letting us know that he knows more than we do, etc. Complete and total BS and I have put this person on Ignore. What a jackass.

ftwfrog

QUOTE(Frog123 @ Dec 22 2009, 03:16 PM) [snapback]484836[/snapback]
why do newspapers run stories without names? because it's still relevant news

LA Times- June 25,2009
A very famous pop star died today sending shockwaves throughout the world. We cannot tell you who it is, but it is somebody who is very popular.

You think anyone would call BS on that??

HFrog1999

QUOTE(Opintel @ Dec 22 2009, 03:22 PM) [snapback]484850[/snapback]
Also, does this new coaches clothing have built in feet and a little button-up hatch in the back? I've seen it. :ph34r:

long-johns.jpg

desmith03

QUOTE(FrogInOhio @ Dec 22 2009, 03:17 PM) [snapback]484840[/snapback]
Newspapers? Or tabloids?

The AZ Republic recently ran an article alleging campaign finance violations on the part of the Fiesta Bowl committee without announcing which employees were involved.

The FtW Star-Telegram often runs stories involving people who have died, and yet they don't initially run the names of the victims.

It's all about timing. It stinks for those who want to know the ins-and-outs of the story, but there are some circumstances where it is not prudent to give all the information from the outset. If it were your son whose senior season was cut short by injury, would you want to hear it from him or have a friend forward you a link to a message board? I'm really not trying to be an arse, I just think that the time-table that CGP and CDC are using is probably right.

Oh, also see TopFrogs note regarding the board practice about not naming names until it becomes public.

Here's hoping that whomever it is goes on to be a huge motivator from the sideline!

GO FROGS!

themutt

QUOTE(ftwfrog @ Dec 22 2009, 04:55 PM) [snapback]484804[/snapback]
The word chicken-S comes to mind. "I know something you don't know, but I'm not going to tell."

I am calling complete BS, but if this is true, why bring it up at all?? Like you said, "It will come out, sooner or later." But you want credit for breaking it here first. High five!! You broke that someone is hurt, but can't say who. What a P!!

You heard it here first: some player, at some point in the future, will suffer some sort of injury. I know who it is, but I can't say.

remember, you heard it here first.

An-Cap Frog

QUOTE(themutt @ Dec 22 2009, 03:33 PM) [snapback]484877[/snapback]
You heard it here first: some player, at some point in the future, will suffer some sort of injury. I know who it is, but I can't say.

remember, you heard it here first.
Abe Froman?

TheSheik

QUOTE(tcudoc @ Dec 22 2009, 03:33 PM) [snapback]484879[/snapback]
I believe the point is that if you have insider info that is not relaeased yet for the reasons described above, say nothing and respect those involved. Don't post a thread to make yourself look like you are such an insider. If you do this, you come off looking like a D-bag. The OP should not be surprised when people call him out for it. It was wrong to do and served no purpose.

Exactly

desmith03

QUOTE(tcudoc @ Dec 22 2009, 03:33 PM) [snapback]484879[/snapback]
I believe the point is that if you have insider info that is not relaeased yet for the reasons described above, say nothing and respect those involved. Don't post a thread to make yourself look like you are such an insider. If you do this, you come off looking like a D-bag. The OP should not be surprised when people call him out for it. It was wrong to do and served no purpose.

The OP may be down-graded by some individuals, but I appreciate the knowledge that there will most likely be an injury announced in the next few days; knowing that limited bit of info will cause me to check gofrogs.com more than I otherwise would, so that I can find out as soon as it becomes public.

EDIT: ...and it gives the board something to talk about other than Mack sleighting TCU and gdu drawing flames! :tongue:

InnerloopFrog

OK, I don't need the players name. I just want the real name of the well connected source that has this confidential, HIPPA protected information and posted it here.

At least the writers of those specualteive news articles put their names on the byline.

I am sure Coach P is tickled pink with the trust placed in 123 to allow him to be real connected as long as he did not name names.