• The KillerFrogs

"Disrespect"

Scott

"KillerFrogs.com....your source for TCU SPORTS"
QUOTE(accounting frog @ Oct 29 2009, 04:35 PM) [snapback]421114[/snapback]
Some of us do.

Was talking ownership & management. Post all you like.

FROGDADDY

Getting back to one of the original issues, why did this site have a problem with a contest involving donations to PPS? Seems like a good idea to me.

The Unnatural

QUOTE(Scott @ Oct 29 2009, 03:58 PM) [snapback]421034[/snapback]
Profanity, vulgarity & total disrespect for Women. If that is your thing....that's fine. We just want NO association with that on KillerFrogs.com

How is KillerFrogs.com associated with Killer Frogs, did Ya'll used to be business partners or something .... am I missing something here ....

ACroofrog

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Oct 29 2009, 05:16 PM) [snapback]421175[/snapback]
Getting back to one of the original issues, why did this site have a problem with a contest involving donations to PPS? Seems like a good idea to me.

Agree we have wasted a lot of time (granted in an entertaining fashion) going back and forth but this all started with a competition to raise the most money for purple people seaters maybe that can be addressed.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(BrokerFrog06 @ Oct 29 2009, 05:20 PM) [snapback]421177[/snapback]
This thread is like crack...i want to quit but i just keep coming back to it.

You're addicted to crack?

P

PM Productions

QUOTE(Scott @ Oct 29 2009, 05:14 PM) [snapback]421174[/snapback]
Was talking ownership & management. Post all you like.

I can speak from a position of expierience...

SB wants more readership, they work hard and want to see results...

Scott and KF.C don't want to lose readership and want this forum to stay as they like it, which is their choice...

This will continue on as long as both sites exsist... Simple as that.

I am fairly glad that I got out of the biz... To me, It seems like a mom and pop grocery store competing against Wal-Mart... Eventually, Scott got out the brass knuckles, and used his leverage to push back...

Just a thought: Who is more immature Scott... The young kids trying to promote a website about TCU sports, or a grown gentlemen who gets in a fight about a couple of websites, websites that all have the same goal.

One day, you will look back and say, WOW that was dumb.

For now, keep on the crusade.

micahjh

Whew, that really escalated quick...

Seriously though, this is pretty sad. I have heard it said that we Tcu fans have an inferiority complex. Kind of like a little mans syndrome. Any outsider looking in on this situation would get that impression. Those young turks over there were clearly out of line with their comments, but by flying off the handle, the ownership here stoops down to that level. I get the feeling that the nature of the blog over there is to be provocative or to "provoke" reactions. They clearly pushed the right button over here! They are being "edgy" and its not my style, but thats their prerogative. Does that mean that they have the right to take cheap shots while hiding behind a computer? Of course not. Granted, Ive never been confronted directly over there, and if I was I would probably react poorly as well, but there are ways to put people like that in their place without losing your cool. This would be totally different if everyone wasnt all on the same team. We drone on and on about expanding our fan base, but yet we seem to be in constant competition with each other to try and prove whos the better fan? Thats busch league Sega stuff. Lets work on some breathing techniques and try remember that on Saturday, we will all be wearing purple.

morterforker

QUOTE(Sir Wesley Willis @ Oct 29 2009, 04:20 PM) [snapback]421095[/snapback]
thought that this would be a very direct way to not only boost attendance for our remaining home games, but also donate to a good cause. This is where the PayPal account idea came from, as well as the now well documented website competition.

Anyway, back to the fundraiser, we proposed the idea of having an inter-blog competition to see which blog could raise the most money for PPS. Now, obviously we didn't think we could win the thing - we simply don't have the readership - but that wasn't remotely the point.

Based on what I've read so far, I personally find this hard to believe. I'm sure you wanted to help out PPS and TCU, but I don't believe for a second it had nothing to do with free pub for your site. You admitted you wouldn't win, so there really wasn't any true competition, just free pub. Not sure if your going to do this or not, but why not have your own fund raiser and donate to PPS. You may already be doing it. If so, I applaud you. Good luck with your site and bringing in more fans. Now, please stop posting on this and let's move on.

M7

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(Tio Rana @ Oct 29 2009, 05:23 PM) [snapback]421183[/snapback]
Whew, that really escalated quick...

Seriously though, this is pretty sad. I have heard it said that we Tcu fans have an inferiority complex. Kind of like a little mans syndrome. Any outsider looking in on this situation would get that impression. Those young turks over there were clearly out of line with their comments, but by flying off the handle, the ownership here stoops down to that level. I get the feeling that the nature of the blog over there is to be provocative or to "provoke" reactions. They clearly pushed the right button over here! They are being "edgy" and its not my style, but thats their prerogative. Does that mean that they have the right to take cheap shots while hiding behind a computer? Of course not. Granted, Ive never been confronted directly over there, and if I was I would probably react poorly as well, but there are ways to put people like that in their place without losing your cool. This would be totally different if everyone wasnt all on the same team. We drone on and on about expanding our fan base, but yet we seem to be in constant competition with each other to try and prove whos the better fan? Thats busch league Sega stuff. Lets work on some breathing techniques and try remember that on Saturday, we will all be wearing purple.

Mostly agree except that they DO have the right to take cheap shots from behind a computer. The fact that they chose to does give you a little insight into them though. While Scott's comments about the trust fund punks may have been a little out of line, I understand where he's coming from. The behavior over there reminds me of exactly that, and there are certainly quite a few of those types running around our campus.

Scott

"KillerFrogs.com....your source for TCU SPORTS"
One more thing......Purple People Seaters is (And has been) our preferred Charity for underprivileged children & families......for the last two years.

We chose not to be associated with a website, that degrades women, uses the type of content they use & is not conducive to our site. So we did not accept their fund-raising challenge. Next thing you know, they are trashing Kf.c because we chose not to participate. However, I'm tickled that they are raising money for this great cause.

As we have repeatedly done over the past 2 years.....there will be opportunities to donate for Purple People Seaters. You can always donate directly to the Purple People Seater's website. It is an outstanding organization.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
The thing I find the funniest about any of this is this.... The fact that all these guys who are taking up for SB are talking about how Scotts comments were the most disrespectful they have ever seen and they can't believe he would say something so bad as "trust fund babies". Are you guys even reading the comments on YOUR OWN SITE? Some of those comments aimed at Scott are not even close to comparing to him calling some of you trust fund babies. Not even remotely close... and that is laughable.

Like I said I really don't care about this whole deal and it will blow over in a day. I just find it hilarious about people acting like they are so offended about the trust fund deal when there are way worse personal blows in the comments section of that website.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(PM Productions @ Oct 29 2009, 05:22 PM) [snapback]421188[/snapback]
I can speak from a position of expierience...

SB wants more readership, they work hard and want to see results...

Scott and KF.C don't want to lose readership and want this forum to stay as they like it, which is their choice...

This will continue on as long as both sites exsist... Simple as that.

I am fairly glad that I got out of the biz... To me, It seems like a mom and pop grocery store competing against Wal-Mart... Eventually, Scott got out the brass knuckles, and used his leverage to push back...

Just a thought: Who is more immature Scott... The young kids trying to promote a website about TCU sports, or a grown gentlemen who gets in a fight about a couple of websites, websites that all have the same goal.

One day, you will look back and say, WOW that was dumb.

For now, keep on the crusade.

Kind of agree, the only problem is that they picked the fight and not the other way around, so whatever Scott's reaction was they asked for it. Can't say it was a bad idea as it's certainly brought their site to the attention of people who previously had no idea it existed. For them to act like this is about anything other than that is less than honest.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(Scott @ Oct 29 2009, 05:30 PM) [snapback]421194[/snapback]
One more thing......Purple People Seaters is (And has been) our preferred Charity for underprivileged children & families......for the last two years.

We chose not to be associated with a website, that degrades women, uses the type of content they use & is not conducive to our site. So we did not accept their fund-raising challenge. Next thing you know, they are trashing Kf.c because we chose not to participate. However, I'm tickled that they are raising money for this great cause.

As we have repeatedly done over the past 2 years.....there will be opportunities to donate for Purple People Seaters. You can always donate directly to the Purple People Seater's website. It is an outstanding organization.

Works for me I guess. Would hate for PPS to lose out on some money because of it though. Guess it probably won't.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(killerfrogstcu @ Oct 29 2009, 05:34 PM) [snapback]421199[/snapback]
I know there are going to be people who will always be loyal to KF.C, but this might drive people away who really want an OPEN forum.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Oct 29 2009, 05:31 PM) [snapback]421200[/snapback]
The thing I find the funniest about any of this is this.... The fact that all these guys who are taking up for SB are talking about how Scotts comments were the most disrespectful they have ever seen and they can't believe he would say something so bad as "trust fund babies". Are you guys even reading the comments on YOUR OWN SITE? Some of those comments aimed at Scott are not even close to comparing to him calling some of you trust fund babies. Not even remotely close... and that is laughable.
Like I said I really don't care about this whole deal and it will blow over in a day. I just find it hilarious about people acting like they are so offended about the trust fund deal when there are way worse personal blows in the comments section of that website.

Agreed.