• The KillerFrogs

"Disrespect"

Scott

"KillerFrogs.com....your source for TCU SPORTS"
QUOTE(middle man @ Oct 29 2009, 03:57 PM) [snapback]421031[/snapback]
Some of the language might be crude, but like you said, its younger people, like myself, maybe we some arent as mature as others but we like to have a good time and we like Horned Frog football just like everyone on all the TCU sports sites.

I am still hoping that this is a ploy by both the admins of the respected sites to drive up viewership for the sites.......

And again....it is not about that. This all started because we would not allow them to advertise freely. You can & have seen the comments they make about K.fc & especially are readership. This is due to them feeling they have a RIGHT to post their site as they please on here.

Do we even mention their site? We honestly don't care!!! I simply was addressing a personal issue between this Fincher punk & myself. He is the type of guy that talks the internet game....but cannot back it up.

As we have said many times........please go visit other TCU sites......just don't bring them here.

Viking Frog

Scott,

In my defense can you tell me what I said that was so wrong that you had to quote me as acting vile?

VikingFrog no likey.

October 28, 2009 3:03 PM
Blogger VikingFrog said...

I would be lying if I didn't want to steal their followers.

I would also be lying if I said I didn't read the other site.

Here comes my inner nerdness.

This is a blog.

That is a forumn.

Two totally different things.

They both have their positive and negatives.

Our negatives being Purple Pansy and OverRated.

Scott

"KillerFrogs.com....your source for TCU SPORTS"
QUOTE(Viking Frog @ Oct 29 2009, 04:06 PM) [snapback]421057[/snapback]
Scott,

In my defense can you tell me what I said that was so wrong that you had to quote me as acting vile?

VikingFrog no likey.

October 28, 2009 3:03 PM
Blogger VikingFrog said...

I would be lying if I didn't want to steal their followers.

I would also be lying if I said I didn't read the other site.

Here comes my inner nerdness.

This is a blog.

That is a forumn.

Two totally different things.

They both have their positive and negatives.

Our negatives being Purple Pansy and OverRated.

Nothing.....I copy & pasted the good & bad.........to be fair.

Filling

Recovered Workaholic
QUOTE(houndfrog @ Oct 29 2009, 04:03 PM) [snapback]421045[/snapback]
Apparently, by my review of the facebook comments, and board editing today you actually have in fact. If this post warrants my suspension or removal so be it, but Scott your actions in no way reflect the attitude that you use in your posts. This is childish to say the least, and it really doesnt matter who started it. On top of that, I really dont see how you can get offended by someones online persona while firing off gems like "These guys are the little 'trust fund' bunch who run to Daddy when they have issues. They are the trash of our students.....& I have been repeatedly told so. It is pretty easy to figure out as if you care to read their elementary blog." Anyway, I generally never get involved in this kind of nonsense but there is my two cents.

Awaiting censorship and removal,
Houndfrog

Are you volunteering for both of your screen names to be removed?

TCUbcsBUSTERS

If this keeps up please go ahead and cancel my KillerFrogs account also I have been disgusted with the way this site has handled itself today like a bunch of spoiled children.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(TCUbcsBUSTERS @ Oct 29 2009, 04:12 PM) [snapback]421075[/snapback]
If this keeps up please go ahead and cancel my KillerFrogs account also I have been disgusted with the way this site has handled itself today like a bunch of spoiled children.

You can just never post again. I want to know what has went on on this site today that makes you so disgusted? Have I missed something?

D

Daniel Plainview

QUOTE(HFrog71 @ Oct 29 2009, 04:07 PM) [snapback]421068[/snapback]
Are you volunteering for both of your screen names to be removed?

thats a sweet conspiracy theory

Filling

Recovered Workaholic
QUOTE(TCUbcsBUSTERS @ Oct 29 2009, 04:12 PM) [snapback]421075[/snapback]

What account?

You're not a paid member, so there's nothing to cancel.

Just leave.

HFrog1999

Anchorman%20The%20Legend%20of%20Ron%20Burgundy%20DVD%20Movie%20Review.jpg

Viking Frog

Again, Frogs on a Plane.

It's not really a competition between the two sites.

I've had an account here for years and account at SB for years. (Although I had to create a new account to post because I couldn't get my password to work)

They are both totally different and some people go to one or the other or both or none.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(HFrog71 @ Oct 29 2009, 04:16 PM) [snapback]421085[/snapback]
What account?

You're not a paid member, so there's nothing to cancel.

Just leave.

Not before he explains earlier. He said he was disgusted earlier with THIS website because Sean Salisbury was suing Gawker... I am still confused :sleep:

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(Viking Frog @ Oct 29 2009, 04:17 PM) [snapback]421087[/snapback]
Again, Frogs on a Plane.

It's not really a competition between the two sites.

I've had an account here for years and account at SB for years. (Although I had to create a new account to post because I couldn't get my password to work)

They are both totally different and some people go to one or the other or both or none.

I understand that. No problem with people having accounts at both sites or every TCU site there is. I just find it funny that those who have dual accounts and are obviously active members at SB are over here lecturing Scott...

Viking Frog

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Oct 29 2009, 04:19 PM) [snapback]421093[/snapback]
I understand that. No problem with people having accounts at both sites or every TCU site there is. I just find it funny that those who have dual accounts and are obviously active members at SB are over here lecturing Scott...

Chill pill time for all.

S

Sir Wesley Willis

As a contributor to "that other site," I just thought it'd be in my interest to take some time and give full disclosure to the situation at hand, at least from our perspective. Yesterday, myself and a handful of others on our site had all just read Coach Patterson's address to the fans that was published in the Star Telegram- an article I have to assume most of you are quite familiar with by this time. We got to talking about our BCS chances and how attendance is going to play as big a role as any in our being selected and how pathetic it's going to be if BCS reps are to show up Saturday for the UNLV game and we have 35,000 in the stands. It's something that pains us all, but unfortunately it's not something that's all that easy to change - football success apparently hasn't equaled attendance. Purple People Seaters is run by one of my good friends and we thought that this would be a very direct way to not only boost attendance for our remaining home games, but also donate to a good cause. This is where the PayPal account idea came from, as well as the now well documented website competition. In the past, KF has been very intolerant of promotion of our site, which is fine because, when you make money from something, you obviously don't want competition cutting into your bottom line. We respect that, and are fine with it, but please don't misunderstand our motives for promotion - despite the ads on our site, we generate practically no revenue and simply wish to promote TCU athletics, just like we hope KF does as well. We obviously wish we had 36,000 members of our site and not one of us will say otherwise, but we're also 10 years younger than KF and are still trying to grow.

Anyway, back to the fundraiser, we proposed the idea of having an inter-blog competition to see which blog could raise the most money for PPS. Now, obviously we didn't think we could win the thing - we simply don't have the readership - but that wasn't remotely the point. We had just hoped to fill the stadium for this weekend's game help some kids while we were at it. needless to say, the KF ownership was not on board, and this made us angry - not because we're the jealous little brother, but because, despite our methods, we have a common interest which is to promote TCU athletics, and in turn, help a good cause. Because of this, some of us said some negative things about your site in the heat of the moment, and I'm sure we are all sorry. I'm not responsible for the other commenters on the site, but if I offended any Lettermen, I sincerely apologize because that was not my intent. In fact, you could really say we worship the Lettermen as fans, and wholeheartedly respect the groundwork you guys helped lay for our current success.

What we don't condone - and what has led to the boiling over of today - is for someone to threaten the physical well being of one of our members. Especially over something as trivial as a blog entry. That is absolutely uncalled for, and I think most of you know it. KF can discredit and bad mouth our blog all they want, but there's a line and that crossed it. Scott, I don't know you personally and I'm not here to attack you, but really dude? Among the many comments you've made that were totally out of line, the whole trust fund/scourge of TCU stuff is a bit excessive. In fact, I don't know anyone that has a trust fund - maybe I was just friends with the wrong group of people. I'd also like to know who these people are that think we're so terrible because, if you look on Saturday, we will likely have the busiest tailgate section in the entire stadium. I'm not bragging, but considering TCU has come and told us that we're overcrowding more than once, I feel correct in saying that.

If Scott or anyone else wants to hash this out face to face, we will all be in attendance Saturday and will gladly bury the hatchet, but not under the pressure of physical violence. Few us of may have played for TCU - in fact, really only about one of us - but we're as true of TCU fans as anyone else and we take great pride in that fact. We don't expect everyone to like our methods and we don't expect everyone to condone the lack of censorship our blog promotes. We don't advertise ourselves as a family friendly site and, if you take a look around most fan sites, you'll find we aren't alone. We are in a very unique situation at TCU as most major football programs with the success we have have many similar sites to compete with, so we should embrace the fact that there aren't many of us out there - outside of rivals, hornedfrogsports, us and KF, who is there? - and be tolerant of the other's presence. You don't have to like us, but you also don't have to threaten us.

D

Daniel Plainview

QUOTE(HFrog1999 @ Oct 29 2009, 04:16 PM) [snapback]421083[/snapback]
Anchorman%20The%20Legend%20of%20Ron%20Burgundy%20DVD%20Movie%20Review.jpg

LMAO

"I stabbed a guy with a trident"

Mike Brooks

QUOTE(Scott @ Oct 29 2009, 03:53 PM) [snapback]421024[/snapback]
would not even tangle with John Marsh. When he & his boys find out these comments.......there may be a Fire Sale on frat rat gear in LOT 3. :tongue:

Maybe we can stage an MMA style cage match before each home game with the rival factions. Probably help attendance but would probably expose how fragile our self esteem still is. :wacko: