• The KillerFrogs

Thank you Ross Evans!

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
I know its been mentioned in other threads, but Ross has just been solid and comforting to have a kid like that back there.

Also great to see Jimmy Young break out this season at a very key time!

TCURealtyFrog

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Oct 11 2009, 10:57 AM) [snapback]402077[/snapback]
I know its been mentioned in other threads, but Ross has just been solid and comforting to have a kid like that back there.

Also great to see Jimmy Young break out this season at a very key time!

Jimmy Young has hands like Spider Man!
And I agree with you about Ross Evans. He's been rock solid this year with only the Clemson kick really being one that he missed that we really needed. Plus kicking when it's cold like that ain't easy at all.

Baja Frog

QUOTE(TCURealtyFrog @ Oct 11 2009, 11:46 AM) [snapback]402126[/snapback]
Jimmy Young has hands like Spider Man!
And I agree with you about Ross Evans. He's been rock solid this year with only the Clemson kick really being one that he missed that we really needed. Plus kicking when it's cold like that ain't easy at all.

I agree, thank you Ross Evans.

ricksterh

Evans came through last night. Hats off to him and hopefully he is on track now to help the Frogs win the rest of the year.

In the past he has not been consistent. Nobody brought up that second xp in the Clemson game. For a kick that was good it was double ugly and not very good. It barely got over the crossbar and snuck in the lower left corner to count as 1 point. That 4 point lead was critical down the end when Clemson had to score a td and a field goal wouldn't do it. Ofcourse TCU and Clemson had both missed fg trys earlier and part of all the above may well have had to do with the rain and wet field may have affected those kicks. It takes a good snap and a good timely hold as well as the guy who kicks it.

Again I hope Ross and the Frogs kicking game are ready to finish the season both strong and consistent. Last night at AFA in tough conditions the fg and xp kicking was a big positive. :biggrin:

Deep Purple

QUOTE(tcumaniac @ Oct 11 2009, 02:12 PM) [snapback]402305[/snapback]
If Ross Evans pulls a Utah on us, then TCU is 4-1 and everyone is crying... including me. Thank you sooo much ross evans. He won the game for the Frogs

Right. Andy Dalton, Joseph Turner, Jeremy Kerley, Jimmy Young, Tank Carder, Jerry Hughes, Curtis Clay, Rafael Priest, and Ed Wesley were all just Evans' supporting cast. Ross Evans won the game.

:dry:

YCBJ Frog

QUOTE(Deep Purple @ Oct 11 2009, 03:28 PM) [snapback]402358[/snapback]
Right. Andy Dalton, Joseph Turner, Jeremy Kerley, Jimmy Young, Tank Carder, Jerry Hughes, Curtis Clay, Rafael Priest, and Ed Wesley were all just Evans' supporting cast. Ross Evans won the game.

:dry:

Let me know when he makes up for Salt Lake City last year. As I recall, that piss-poor performance by a scholarship athlete probably cost us a Sugar Bowl invite or more.

toad horny

QUOTE(you_can @ Oct 11 2009, 03:33 PM) [snapback]402360[/snapback]
Let me know when he makes up for Salt Lake City last year. As I recall, that piss-poor performance by a scholarship athlete probably cost us a Sugar Bowl invite or more.

Classy post.

Dogfrog

Evans was a true freshman last year. Gee, show some class. Didn't this board used to have a policy of not calling out players by name?

geefrogs

scholarship = flawless? :wacko:

Deep Purple

QUOTE(geefrogs @ Oct 11 2009, 03:34 PM) [snapback]402361[/snapback]

Don't question the Rosster, geefrogs. He won the game last night.

YCBJ Frog

QUOTE(geefrogs @ Oct 11 2009, 03:34 PM) [snapback]402361[/snapback]

scholarship for kicking = hit critical 4th quarter field goals that are within 35 yards

Even Patterson in his postgame made a comment implying that his going 1 for 3, including missing a 26 yarder, cost us.

Dogfrog

QUOTE(Deep Purple @ Oct 11 2009, 03:34 PM) [snapback]402365[/snapback]
Don't question the Rosster, geefrogs. He won the game last night.

He's not questioning or attempting to humiliate the student athlete, he's questioning the poster, "you_can't be".

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog

You can't be serious!

$mooth

QUOTE(you_can @ Oct 11 2009, 04:42 PM) [snapback]402371[/snapback]
scholarship for kicking = hit critical 4th quarter field goals that are within 35 yards

Even Patterson in his postgame made a comment implying that his going 1 for 3, including missing a 26 yarder, cost us.

Does 1/3 mean the kicker's at fault? the holder? the deep snapper? or special teams as a whole?

This year, the deep snapping has me worried a bit. They seems to be a bit off on a few and the holder is making it work (more or less).

YCBJ Frog

QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Oct 11 2009, 03:34 PM) [snapback]402364[/snapback]
Evans was a true freshman last year. Gee, show some class. Didn't this board used to have a policy of not calling out players by name?

Stating facts. He missed a 26 yard field goal, which as I recall is a pretty managable distance for high schoolers much less for freshmen in college, and it cost us a conference championship and probably a Sugar Bowl invite.

You guys may be ready to crown him as our savior in a sheet-show in Colorado Springs, but I'm still pretty bitter about last season.

If we makes up for it and kicks a game winner against BYU or Utah this year, I'll be the first one to get on here and give him props.

YCBJ Frog

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Oct 11 2009, 03:49 PM) [snapback]402377[/snapback]
You can't be serious!

You must be joking!

Now you know what phrases were accidentally combined in a funny situation, which inspired my handle.