• The KillerFrogs

Lost in the Thrill of the Baseball Team: Cover of Dave Campbell's Texas Football

steelfrog

Tier 1
You have Steel's sincere apologies. But these things mean less than nothing. All that matters is what happens on the field, and nothing happens on the field until September.

Meanwhile, the baseball team is on a historic run winning 16 of 18 which could propel TCU to its first national title.

Armadillo

steel is an absolute beating. I still love the magazine. Have every issue since 1983, when I was in 6th grade, although my Westlake Chaps weren't as great as they are now. Love the magazine as a reference tool, looking back at players in HS and college. Is it perfect? No. But it's always a fun read, no matter who is on the cover. And I'm happy Sonny is on the cover. Well deserved.

But someone like steel tries to suck the joy out of everything. This board is so much better when he's not posting. I know it's his schtick. But he's an idiot. He's one of the reasons, actually a big reason, so many have left here. Take that for what it's worth. His schtick has grown thin.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
steel is an absolute beating. I still love the magazine. Have every issue since 1983, when I was in 6th grade, although my Westlake Chaps weren't as great as they are now. Love the magazine as a reference tool, looking back at players in HS and college. Is it perfect? No. But it's always a fun read, no matter who is on the cover. And I'm happy Sonny is on the cover. Well deserved.

But someone like steel tries to suck the joy out of everything. This board is so much better when he's not posting. I know it's his schtick. But he's an idiot. He's one of the reasons, actually a big reason, so many have left here. Take that for what it's worth. His schtick has grown thin.
I ignored him years ago. You should, too.

PurplFrawg

Administrator

I'll be the devil's advocate here, but without @steelfrog 's legal acumen and aggressive pursuit of some frivolous litigators, this site might not be here. So he's got that going for him...
OIP.lF6Dj9pby9rmwniHrBqmVQHaEP

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I'll be the devil's advocate here, but without @steelfrog 's legal acumen and aggressive pursuit of some frivolous litigators, this site might not be here. So he's got that going for him...
OIP.lF6Dj9pby9rmwniHrBqmVQHaEP
While I agree, it is difficult for me to render the proper honors to steel, as he has spent the time since those important days being the worst kind of person to all concerned. Perhaps he might someday figure out that being a dick does not in any way endear you to anyone. At all.

Truer words have never been spoken. Steel is like a boil on the ass of humanity, waiting to burst to spread its pestilence on society.

froginmn

I heard he had a thin schtick to begin with.

steelfrog

Tier 1
While I agree, it is difficult for me to render the proper honors to steel, as he has spent the time since those important days being the worst kind of person to all concerned. Perhaps he might someday figure out that being a dick does not in any way endear you to anyone. At all.
Steel was a good person before that?! What was the watershed?