• The KillerFrogs

OT: Luka Doncic

TCURiggs

No, but I admire people that try to figure stuff out for themselves, rather than just follow the masses. Even if/when they're wrong.

If nothing else, he seems like a principled dude.

Kidding. I'm fine with Kyrie and I like that they're going for it. Just hope he doesn't burn the locker room down, which I'd bet he doesn't. Will be interesting to see how he meshes with Luka, though, since they're both so ball-dominant.

Irving was traded 2/3rds of the way through the season after he asked to be traded because he wanted and did not get a contract extension. He bailed on his 32-21 championship drive team at the 2/3rds mark when you should be focused on playoff chemistry. Maybe that is clearly telling he is not thinking of team and a championship but rather playing for himself only.

Last edited:

JugbandFrog

Luka had a pretty good line last night, 60-21-10. The first 60-20 triple-double in NBA history.
On top of that the Mavs were down by nine with 35 seconds left and came back to win in OT. The last time that happened in the NBA? Never.
He's going to become the highest-paid player in NBA (all sports?) history, I hope Mark Cuban has an open wallet.
I hope he goes somewhere else. Cuban is an idiot and is unable to build a consistent team around his stars. I’ll never forgive Cuban for wasting the majority of Dirk’s career.

hometown frog

I hope he goes somewhere else. Cuban is an idiot and is unable to build a consistent team around his stars. I’ll never forgive Cuban for wasting the majority of Dirk’s career.
Man hard to put that all on Cubans feet. All those super teams were getting built from their buddies and Dirk was the lone Euro star that no superstar was clamoring to come play w. (Brutal fact)

Double V

Is he running stick and shadow experiments over a period of months?

Come on man, he's just following a different mass of people on that.
I'm not really talking about the flat earth comment, which I think was blown out of proportion by the media. Maybe I should have said "mainstream" opinion rather than the "masses."

Kidding. I'm fine with Kyrie and I like that they're going for it. Just hope he doesn't burn the locker room down, which I'd bet he doesn't. Will be interesting to see how he meshes with Luka, though, since they're both so ball-dominant.

Fake Jason Kidd would have a field day with much of what you said. No, I don't think he's gonna actually burn down the locker room.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!

[ What the heck? ] is going on in Brooklyn!!!! So much for the Mavs making a title run now. That just got a lot tougher.

Last edited:

Eight

[ What the heck? ] is going on in Brooklyn!!!! So much for the Mavs making a title run now.

5v8NdzdDIyyt.gif

*using the work of others as i have nothing to say on my own​

06DallasFrog

Fake Jason Kidd would have a field day with much of what you said. No, I don't think he's gonna actually burn down the locker room.
"I uhhhh... I uhhh don't know much about chemistry. I may have seen the periodic table once or twice. But it does seem like chemistry might be dangerous to do in the locker room..."

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Didn't know where to put this since there's not an NBA thread but Damian Lillard went for 71 of Portland's 131 points against Houston tonight.
Screenshot_20230227-002009_Samsung Internet.jpg

And Luka and the Mavs blew a 27 point lead in a loss to the Lakers today. Largest blown lead in the NBA this season. Teams were 138-0 when leading by at least 27 points this season.