• The KillerFrogs

SB Nation: Three TCU football transfers sign with New Mexico

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Three TCU football transfers sign with New Mexico​

Story by Russell Hodges

Three TCU football transfers who entered the portal after the 2022 season have found a home together. Defensive backs D’Arco Perkins-McAllister and Marvin Covington as well as wide receiver Caleb Medford have all signed with the New Mexico Lobos, where they’ll compete out of the Mountain West Conference. Their signings were officially announced by the New Mexico football program’s social media account on Wednesday, Jan. 25.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/three-tcu-football-transfers-sign-with-new-mexico/ar-AA174OJj

Wexahu

New Mexico is where football goes to die. Wonder what attracted them there.
Probably their best chance to play. You sit on the bench basically 100% of the time for a couple years, you figure out quickly what Charles Barkley says, “if you just sit on the bench all the time, college is going to suck for you. Go somewhere where you’ll play.”

McFroggin

A chance to play, get an education, reside in a pretty part of the country. I'm not positive but pretty sure some NIL money was spent to ease their transition. It's not always doom and gloom if you really look on the positive side of things.

I’m not sure New Mexico cares about football. Add that it’s an incredibly poor state and I doubt $ is the reason.

McFroggin

You see the negative side of the coin. I see the positive. Only the players can answer the question as to why they chose New Mexico University.

Did we attend the University of Texas Christian to you as well or do you just say NMU because New Mexico is so irrelevant that you have no idea that it’s UNM?

Putt4Purple

Did we attend the University of Texas Christian to you as well or do you just say NMU because New Mexico is so irrelevant that you have no idea that it’s UNM?
Do you feel better now? University of New Mexico. So what’s your point? Did I hurt your feelings? I don’t hate or love New Mexico. Either way I’m sure you’ll find something negative about UNM. Have a wonderful Saturday!

McFroggin

Do you feel better now? University of New Mexico. So what’s your point? Did I hurt your feelings? I don’t hate or love New Mexico. Either way I’m sure you’ll find something negative about UNM. Have a wonderful Saturday!

I’m just screwing around for fun man. No need to get frustrated.