• The KillerFrogs

K-State, TCU's Kryptonite

Bob Sugar

TCU has never beaten the Praying Colonels of Centre College.

View attachment 12911
season 1 revenge GIF by NBC

tmcats

A few of things to watch, know, or that are different.

K-State lost both its starting safeties to season-ending injuries prior to the Ku game;
K-State was without two starting linebackers for much of the first game, Green and Duke;
K-State lost both Adrian Martinez and Will Howard in the first TCU game - Howard will start Saturday, AMart may be available;
K-State played in Jerry's World v. Stanford last year.

Wexahu

K-State lost both its starting safeties to season-ending injuries prior to the Ku game;
K-State was without two starting linebackers for much of the first game, Green and Duke;
K-State lost both Adrian Martinez and Will Howard in the first TCU game - Howard will start Saturday, AMart may be available;
Which safeties? I had not heard that.

TAINTed frog

Interesting re the safeties.

Also, am I wrong or did Howard get injured after we took a 31-28 lead? Then he came back in the 4th but was ineffective?

Also, didn’t Martinez play like one series and simply walk off the field? To my recollection he didn’t get hit in any way to cause an injury on our end.

FrogCop19

Also, am I wrong or did Howard get injured after we took a 31-28 lead? Then he came back in the 4th but was ineffective?

Also, didn’t Martinez play like one series and simply walk off the field? To my recollection he didn’t get hit in any way to cause an injury on our end.
I think he got popped on the hip/leg on the first series and tried to come back the second one, but gave up after that one. Then Howard came in and lit us up like a candle.

And then we lit him up.

Jax

Teams evolve, if we think Kstate got better or had time to adjust, TCU had the same amount of time.

If anything, our team has had more game time with each other. Defense, offense, special teams....

Some forget this is the FIRST season of brand new coaches and some players. If anything, we have more room to improve than Kstate.

Even our own HC doesnt know why they are doing so well and so focused/disciplined week in and week out, its just that they are and he is rolling with it. He will evaluate at the end what they did right so they can mimic it in the future.
I agree with the first three statements here. The game was only 5 weeks ago but both teams have gelled and vastly improved since. I completely disagree that HCSD does not know why the Frogs are doing so well, since he implemented the culture.

Sebastian S

I agree with the first three statements here. The game was only 5 weeks ago but both teams have gelled and vastly improved since. I completely disagree that HCSD does not know why the Frogs are doing so well, since he implemented the culture.
Did you watch the last coach show where Brian interviews Sonny? He himself said they can’t pinpoint exactly why, I’m not making it up.

I believe it’s the one taped on tuesdays? Could be the Tuesday interview

Watched so many TCU videos I am not sure where I saw it

Last edited:

y2kFrog

He was definitely limping.

Horny4TCU

All I know is, we better protect Mad Max. Those guys are gonna wanna hurt him. I know Max can take a hit, but Kstate was hitting late, adding one more to dog piles, and doing a lot of alligator rolls when tackling low. I hope if anyone tries that [ Finebaum ] on Max, he takes them to the ground.

If I am any other team in college football I fear TCU above all other teams. We are the most physical team now. We find ways to win. We can play perfect offenses, defense, and special teams at times. We finally put a whole game together and destroyed Iowa State. We are ready to dominate KState Saturday. We do not want cfp deciding our fate to make the playoffs! We are going to kill them!

If I am any other team in college football I fear TCU above all other teams. We are the most physical team now. We find ways to win. We can play perfect offenses, defense, and special teams at times. We finally put a whole game together and destroyed Iowa State. We are ready to dominate KState Saturday. We do not want cfp deciding our fate to make the playoffs! We are going to kill them!
TCU hits hard. Not just QB’s. WV big RB was hurting us in the 1st quarter; they hit him hard and he goes out. When he comes back, look at the body language, “I don’t want the rock”. Same last week with #5 from Iowa State. They guy was doing damage and strutting around. They lay the wood to him a few times. It was like he left the game. He did not want anymore of the TCU defense.

TCU hits hard. Not just QB’s. WV big RB was hurting us in the 1st quarter; they hit him hard and he goes out. When he comes back, look at the body language, “I don’t want the rock”. Same last week with #5 from Iowa State. They guy was doing damage and strutting around. They lay the wood to him a few times. It was like he left the game. He did not want anymore of the TCU defense.
Exactly we are the team everyone fears!