• The KillerFrogs

The Kansas City Star: Why K-State players exude confidence heading into Big 12 championship rematch vs. TCU

Deep Purple

Why K-State players exude confidence heading into Big 12 championship rematch vs. TCU
Story by Kellis Robinett, The Kansas City Star

[...]
Some might say TCU was fortunate to defeat K-State when they met last month at Amon G. Carter Stadium.

The Wildcats jumped out to a 28-10 lead and seemed in control of the game, despite quarterback Adrian Martinez going down with an injury after one series. But then Will Howard also suffered an injury and so did a half-dozen other major K-State contributors. The Horned Frogs took advantage and scored the final 28 points of the night with Kendre Miller bulldozing his way to 153 rushing yards and two touchdowns.

That doesn't sound like luck. It sounds like a K-State team that was in poor physical condition and was perhaps not used to playing as physically tough and aggressive as TCU plays.

But please, K-State, continue whining on with your excuses...

WIN

That doesn't sound like luck. It sounds like a K-State team that was in poor physical condition and was perhaps not used to playing as physically tough and aggressive as TCU plays.

But please, K-State, continue whining on with your excuses...
Not just physical but mental as well.

Planks

Meaning that you believe a healthy Martinez is a lesser quarterback than Howard?

Yeah, statistically he is better, though Martinez is the better runner. Also, for whatever reason it seems like Kansas States best moments have all come with Howard as the QB. The 28-10 lead over TCU, 48-0 over Oklahoma State, 31-3 over Baylor, 48-31 over West Virgina, 47-27 over K State. The three games Howard has official started, Kansas State has scored 47+ points in. Meanwhile Kansas State’s two worse losses have come in games with Martinez as the only QB to play.

My guess is we will see Martinez get a few plays on some special packages on Saturday, so I hope we are ready for that, he is still dangerous.

Endless Purple

Lot of K. State people talking smack on social media. Most seem to think Frogs were just "lucky" the first meeting.
Most K-State fans also think they have a much better program and impact on the overall history of college football than TCU. When in reality, they were only relevant during a short period under one coach.

TCU2002

The way the first game went down, I think that helps us in this game. They really did have us on the ropes for awhile there. There is no way our guys are going to think they can just coast in there and win. A little bit of fear is a good thing.
First Half GIF

Toad Jones

Fan excitement boost and crap in ink to boot. Of course, they're confident. You have ever seen a statement like this saying..well the KState players are down and doubtful? Like I said, crap in ink!

This game will be every bit on the same level as a national championship game. There won't be a game better than this one Saturday, period.

For those of you who have not been around KState, let me tell you, KState will show up with most of Kansas in attendance . They travel better than MOST schools. You'll hear them, loud and clear! So, Horny Toads you better match them, loud for louder! If any Toads are on the fence about going, get off the fence and go. You'won't regret the atmosphere of a TCU championship game. Some suites are available, so get a crowd together and go! BTW construction in that area is horrible, horrible and will slow you down to a crawl!

1 last thing, I see this game going into a double overtime. Hope not, but it will be a tough game for us. Their coaching staff may be the second best in the conference behind our staff, and they will have them ready. Repeat that in spades.

tmcats

As a State fan, I believe K-State is equal with a healthy AMart or Howard. There's just not a lot to choose between what Adrian did at OU and what Howard has done to others. The more important question is: what happens if Howard goes down Saturday because unless AMart is healthy, K-State will be in a world of hurt at QB.

And that KC Star article was written by a Ku grad. He's constantly stirring the pot, giving backhanded compliments, or outwardly condescending, which comes natural for squawks.

Latest posts