• The KillerFrogs

Finebaum Can't Watch More Than 2 Games a Week

gofor2

finebaum is a dolt, but to be honest I think that is mostly just his "entertainment personality". I don't care for it but I doubt he is like that in person.

bruce feldman is usually on the money with his reporting and opinions.

froglash88

Finebaum today:

25:12 mark of attached YouTube link

“TCU is just going to be chum for Georgia in the semifinals. That is just going to be a hard watch.”

Wexahu

Heupel looks like Bobby Hill.

Name a team that wouldn't get beat by Georgia? What a tired and unimaginative argument. The SEC, their fans, and their media are just a beating. Nobody in their own conference can beat Georgia... So?
Tennessee was chum for Georgia. Didn’t see the game but people that did say who was gonna win that game was never in question. They scored 16 points against Kentucky so it’s not like they are just totally dominant.

Stupid argument.

DeuceBoogieNights

Tennessee was chum for Georgia. Didn’t see the game but people that did say who was gonna win that game was never in question. They scored 16 points against Kentucky so it’s not like they are just totally dominant.

Stupid argument.

Its just lazy. Georgia is good. They most likely stomp us. They most likely stomp most teams. I think we have a legit shot against Michigan. I think TCU beats Clemson and USC. LSU and Ohio State would be tough. If we want to crown Georgia now, why even play out the season? It's just lazy journalism.

CountryFrog

Its just lazy. Georgia is good. They most likely stomp us. They most likely stomp most teams. I think we have a legit shot against Michigan. I think TCU beats Clemson and USC. LSU and Ohio State would be tough. If we want to crown Georgia now, why even play out the season? It's just lazy journalism.
You wanna crown their arse then crown em! The Dawgs are who we thought they were!

dawg

Finebaum today:

25:12 mark of attached YouTube link

“TCU is just going to be chum for Georgia in the semifinals. That is just going to be a hard watch.”

You mean like Michigan was last year? Like the entire sec (pending LSU) was this year?

He’s an secsecsec homer whose opinions shouldn’t be elevated to that of “CFB expert” and needs to be confined to the SECN.

Wexahu

No offense if Kentucky can play with Georgia we can play with them. You never know what will happen which is the joy of sports.
Yep.

I do think that the bigger the stakes and the more time teams have to prepare, it does favor the better team, that’s why there really haven’t been any huge upsets in CFP games (maybe Oregon over Alabama in ‘14?) but you never know. I don’t think the teams at the very top are as dominant as they have been recently.

Frog-in-law1995

I'm no football expert but if there is a formula out there that indicates we've played the most difficult schedule in the country this year, that formula is pretty worthless. We haven't played an awful schedule but let's get real.

I guess if that metric is so valuable to Heather, why did she pick us #3 and not #1?
That’s not what “strength of record” means. It refers to a combination of our record AND our strength of schedule. A team’s SOR meaures the liklihood that an average top 25 team would have the same or better record as Team X against Team X’s schedule. She likely picked us at 3 and not 1 because SOR doesn’t take margin of victory into account, and Georgie and OSU, while slightly behind us in SOR, have been crushing teams.

Edit: sorry, just saw that your post was from last week and had been addresses already.

Last edited:

JogginFrog

Pete Fiutak is another who feels the freedom to rank teams 11 games into the season based on recruiting and "eye test." Last week he had Tennessee 4, TCU 5 and USC 6. I was OK with that. This week, he has...USC 4, TCU 5, Tennessee 6.

Sure, a close win over a 2-loss rival at their place is better than a close win over a 4-loss rival at their place, but I'm not sure how USC going 2-1 against 3 ranked teams (Oregon State is now also ranked), with the biggest margin being 4 points, tops TCU's resume. Fiutak predicts the Trojans will win out and make the playoff; sounds like he's already giving them credit for beating Notre Dame and Oregon.