• The KillerFrogs

Gonzaga to the Big-12 Update!

EVOfrogMR

Doesn’t Gonzaga joining the Big XII reduce the likelihood of their program falling off past Few? The quality of the job shoots up and should make it easier to attract better players and coaches.

Eight

Doesn’t Gonzaga joining the Big XII reduce the likelihood of their program falling off past Few? The quality of the job shoots up and should make it easier to attract better players and coaches.

they still are in eastern washington near no large metropolitan area

few is the perfect guy based upon where and how he was raised. he is a pnw guy and the lifestyle of spokane is appealing to him

not impossible to replace, but the job does bring with it some unique situations

also find that the media partners pushing this shows a short term attention span for content

10 years ago it was tough to find the zags on tv

Limp Lizard

I think it kind of cheapens the perception of the league, but oh well. Like eight has mentioned, one coaching hire miss and Gonzaga might not be Gonzaga anymore very quickly.
Yep. This is looking like the beginning of the end. I actually thought we had engough going for us than to make such a desperation move. Damn it, I was really optimistic untill this. Apparently more thing we don't know: it must be much worse than we are being told. Another Big East apparently. Maybe we can join the AAS.

Better win it this year while we are still allowed to play at the top level.

RIP, Big 12.

Eight

Well to be fair, Spokane is larger than Ames, Stillwater, Manhattan KS, Waco, Morgantown, and Lawrence. And all of those except Lawrence are pretty far from a major city.

first, alumni from those schools are bigger as is the number of students, they have -7,000 total students (under and post grad)

waco is much closer to austin, san antonio, and the metroplex than Spokane to seattle

never thought the addition of wvu was a good choice and if they don't win they are a drag on the conference

iowa state doesn't have much presence, but they were part of the big 8 and at least are close

spokane is a long freaking way and we are violating a basic rule in business buying st the peak

Last edited:

Eight

With the extra $$$ they could start a football team?

no, think they killed the football program during ww2 if i remember correctly

doubt they would get the same share as the other full members

they also have a men's soccer program they will need to place elsewhere